Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mongo's Mock v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Mongo's Mock v1 Reply with quote

Complete Round 1

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15962165#15962165

R2 KC (from BUF) Ryan Nassib QB
Long term insurance versus Alex Smith reverting to his "normal" self.

R3 KC Terron Armstead LT
Value depth at OT and maybe even competition for unimpressive LG Jeff Allen

R3b KC (comp) Stedman Bailey WR
This is a biased pick. Every time I saw WVU this guy jumped out me despite being "overshadowed" by Geno Smith and Tavon Austin.

R4 KC Corneilius Washington OLB
Depth at OLB. The only guy KC has is Studebaker and his salary puts him at risk to be cut.

R5 KC Sean Porter MLB
Porter needs to eat a few hamburgers at 229. He'll compete with a low-budget FA MLB to be named later (Aaron Curry, Larry Grant)

R6 KC Dion Sims TE
TE depth for when Moeaki inevitably gets hurt.

R6b KC (comp) Kwame Geathers DT
I can't believe this guy is so lowly ranked. In R6 this is a steal.

R7 KC Quanterus Smith DE/OLB
I like his name.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Nassib, but the rest is great. Studman has no chance to last to our comp pick though. 2nd round pick could be any number of guys it's a wide open pick. We'll get our QB next year.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I hate Nassib, but the rest is great. Studman has no chance to last to our comp pick though. 2nd round pick could be any number of guys it's a wide open pick. We'll get our QB next year.

He ran hella slow and had some issues with drops both at the combine and his pro day. That seems about right as of now IMO.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

He ran hella slow and had some issues with drops both at the combine and his pro day. That seems about right as of now IMO.

He could have ran 5.5 and dropped every pass at his pro day. I'd still be all over him in the 2nd.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mongo's Mock v1 Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Complete Round 1

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15962165#15962165

R2 KC (from BUF) Ryan Nassib QB
Long term insurance versus Alex Smith reverting to his "normal" self.

stopped reading here...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believe every single one of these picks will legitimately be gone at least a half a round before where you've got them going.

So even if one or two of these guys slide to these spots, I think it's very unrealistic to think all 8 (not counting Star in the first) of these guys will fall 15+ picks.

^ryknowssd on the sig
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I'm with the rest of these fellas, in that I really dislike the Nassib pick. I don't know that I've ever seen a QB's stock rise as much as Nassib's has, SIMPLY because his former coach holds a high pick. I guess you could say Tannehill last year was a good candidate for the same thing, but to be completely honest. I'd never heard about Nassib until the Bills hired his coach, and I watch a fair amount of college and NFL football.

I'd rather take Wilson, Glennon or even take a shot at Manuel (who I'm not a fan of) than Nassib with that pick.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I think that I'm with the rest of these fellas, in that I really dislike the Nassib pick. I don't know that I've ever seen a QB's stock rise as much as Nassib's has, SIMPLY because his former coach holds a high pick. I guess you could say Tannehill last year was a good candidate for the same thing, but to be completely honest. I'd never heard about Nassib until the Bills hired his coach, and I watch a fair amount of college and NFL football.

I'd rather take Wilson, Glennon or even take a shot at Manuel (who I'm not a fan of) than Nassib with that pick.

Yeah, I pretty much hate any mock with a QB other than Geno or Wilson, much like I hated the passing on R.Wilson last year.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

Nassib has been around. I actually liked what I saw from him when I had a chance to catch a couple of Syracuse games (I was watching more to see Shamarko Thomas than any other prospect). I always think he has been for the most part positively regarded in NFL circles more so than in the fan forums. If a Christain Ponder or Jake Locker can go as high as they did I would not be shocked if Nassib gets selected at some point in round 1.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: