Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This is who the next Browns kicker should be!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
My issue is that people here don't know if he has more substance because all people know is that video. They are making rash and negative judgements without all the facts.

I'm glad the browns brought him in. Let them get a good look at him, and see what he can do, and then go from from there.....

the guy has never played a single football game!!!

you honestly think he could come in, kick for a couple months and be ready to kick a game winning situation. I feel like he would freeze up and choke having to kick a game winner in Pitt, Balt, or Cincy.

Im sorry, I say Harper from Pitt is more impressive than Harvard Rugland and has massive amounts of experience of kicking the football during a football game.

Rugland has no experience from kickin being hide a line with a holder and having a rush coming towards him

Why do you care? If he can make a field goal than that's good enough for me.

I have no idea why you are so against bringing the guy to look at him and see what he can do. It's not as if the browns are only going to look at only ONE kicker.

all we know from him is he can kick a field goal when there is zero pressure.

im just against him because of his hype video..everyone wants him because he made a youtube video. I rather invest time into an actual real kicker.

ppl say bring him into training camp and etc...well that time we would have to spend on him, I would rather invest into a better kicker. One with great experience and a large resume outside of a youtube sensation video

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
My issue is that people here don't know if he has more substance because all people know is that video. They are making rash and negative judgements without all the facts.

I'm glad the browns brought him in. Let them get a good look at him, and see what he can do, and then go from from there.....

the guy has never played a single football game!!!

you honestly think he could come in, kick for a couple months and be ready to kick a game winning situation. I feel like he would freeze up and choke having to kick a game winner in Pitt, Balt, or Cincy.

Im sorry, I say Harper from Pitt is more impressive than Harvard Rugland and has massive amounts of experience of kicking the football during a football game.

Rugland has no experience from kickin being hide a line with a holder and having a rush coming towards him

Why do you care? If he can make a field goal than that's good enough for me.

I have no idea why you are so against bringing the guy to look at him and see what he can do. It's not as if the browns are only going to look at only ONE kicker.

all we know from him is he can kick a field goal when there is zero pressure.

im just against him because of his hype video..everyone wants him because he made a youtube video. I rather invest time into an actual real kicker.

ppl say bring him into training camp and etc...well that time we would have to spend on him, I would rather invest into a better kicker. One with great experience and a large resume outside of a youtube sensation video

I understand both sides to this argument. Here is my stance. He has enough talent to make some long field goals. By working him out, the Browns are seeing in person if Kickalicious genuinely has talent, and seeing how he responds to that pressure. He's been working out with former NFL kicker Husted. He didn't say Rugland should start immediately. He said practice squad for a year. In the meantime, we can still draft or sign an undrafted kicker, Sturgis, for example. If Sturgis is all that and a bag of tricks, the Browns win. If Havard, after a year on the practice squad lights it up, the Browns win. The Browns were the third team to give Dawson a shot. When he was an unknown, the coaching staff brought in a veteran kicker to see how he'd handle the pressure. Kicker is the most fickle position in the NFL. Remember that kicker Pittsburgh had a few years back, who melted down out of nowhere? Kickers can lose "it" at any given moment. They're like the closing relief pitcher in baseball.
The best part about working out Kickalicious is that while he most likely may never be an NFL kicker, our team is exploring all possibilities to make our team better. That in itself is a great sign.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god the Cleveland Browns Organization isnt completely crazy lol

Listening to ESPN 850, they had Grossi on the really big show preparing for the announcement the WKNR got the Browns rights to air the games...well when I was driving home, they were talking roster spot needs like a kicker, punter, long snapper, and etc. When Kicker was talked about they talked about Kickalicious, Grossi said his try was...ummm...pretty worthless. Rizzo was saying he heard other ppl in the organization saying "why the hell did they call me down to the field house to watch that"

Basically they are saying Kickalicious and his kicking ability is...um...sucks.
They were joking around saying his tryout might of been better if he was kicking to someone on a craft down the cuyahoga river

im glad they think he is as much garbage as I do!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they gave him a shot. I'm just glad they're looking at all possibilities to make the team better. Sometimes it may not work out, but you don't know if you don't try.

2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
At least they gave him a shot. I'm just glad they're looking at all possibilities to make the team better. Sometimes it may not work out, but you don't know if you don't try.

yeah and it sounds like it was a complete waste of time tho.

yeah ppl should get workouts but to ppl who would be worth it. IMO he was never it, just doing a background check on him seeing he is what 27-28years old. Never kicked in a real football game, and all his hype is coming off of a hype video where only god knows how many times he tried those kicks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

so should we hire someone to watch youtube trick shot videos?

we need a QB, so we should give this guys a shot right? he looked cool in his video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0WMd0Y6hIw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

we need a QB, so we should give this guys a shot right? he looked cool in his video.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

we need a QB, so we should give this guys a shot right? he looked cool in his video.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

Kickers and punters that have played other sports have had success in the NFL, so although it is improbable, it isn't impossible.

Also, a former NFL kicker had worked with him, saying he'd take a year or two to develop. Based on all of the facts, and not just the video, there was no harm in exploring into whether or not he could be an NFL kicker.

You're taking one fact and ignoring everything else.

bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

We already have one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbUb2_WEk_U
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

Kickers and punters that have played other sports have had success in the NFL, so although it is improbable, it isn't impossible.

Also, a former NFL kicker had worked with him, saying he'd take a year or two to develop. Based on all of the facts, and not just the video, there was no harm in exploring into whether or not he could be an NFL kicker.

oh man a former NFL player worked with him...he much be good Rolling Eyes

former NFL QBs have worked with college QBs all the time to help them prepare for the NFL. Should we start trusting their judgement more?

also the former kicker that coaches him Michael Husted, last time I checked he was never that great of a kicker.

they could of used their time and worked out a kicker with experience and more potential then him

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Agree.

oh man a former NFL player worked with him...he much be good Rolling Eyes

former NFL QBs have worked with college QBs all the time to help them prepare for the NFL. Should we start trusting their judgement more?

also the former kicker that coaches him Michael Husted, last time I checked he was never that great of a kicker.

they could of used their time and worked out a kicker with experience and more potential then him

And would that have had as much lulz?

I think not.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno, it looks like you get your wish because the Browns reportedly worked out Derek Dimke and Thomas Weber recently. Both have spent time on NFL rosters after NCAA careers (Illinois and Arizona State respectively).
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
buno, it looks like you get your wish because the Browns reportedly worked out Derek Dimke and Thomas Weber recently. Both have spent time on NFL rosters after NCAA careers (Illinois and Arizona State respectively).

ok im happy they are looking at legit kickers now lol

holding out hope for Kevin Harper. I think it be nice to replace one of the best Browns kicker of all time with one of the best area kickers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: