Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATED: Romo Contract - 7YR/119M/$40 Guaranteed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
A fantastic signing for the NFC East all the way around.

Sweeping the Eagles again sure sounds good...

I think Alabama had a shot at sweeping us last year.

Not remotely true. The Eagles would've mopped the floor with Alabama by a minimum of 4 TDs. There isn't a college team on the planet that can beat an NFL team. Even with 0-16 Detroit Lions would've beaten the best college football team that season.

Which is why his statement was the quintessential hyperbole.

I understand that. I just hate it when people spew such nonsense when they know better.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
A fantastic signing for the NFC East all the way around.

Sweeping the Eagles again sure sounds good...

I think Alabama had a shot at sweeping us last year.

Not remotely true. The Eagles would've mopped the floor with Alabama by a minimum of 4 TDs. There isn't a college team on the planet that can beat an NFL team. Even with 0-16 Detroit Lions would've beaten the best college football team that season.

While obviously true, insert that Alabama roster as a team into the NFL, they might be able to hang in about 5 years. That team is absolutely stacked with future NFL stars.

A similar comment can be said about LSU. They're loaded as well.

Northland wrote:
chumpy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: 35? Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:

Will Allen will be 35 to start this season. If we sign him, I will take a dump in Kiffin's shredded wheat. Do our guys have to be 1st or 2nd round picks to be able to start within 4 years of being drafted?

Will Allen
Safety
Personal information
Date of birth: June 17, 1982 (age 30)
Place of birth: Dayton, Ohio
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 200 lb (91 kg)

from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Allen_%28safety%29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: 35? Reply with quote

chumpy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Will Allen will be 35 to start this season. If we sign him, I will take a dump in Kiffin's shredded wheat. Do our guys have to be 1st or 2nd round picks to be able to start within 4 years of being drafted?

Will Allen
Safety
Personal information
Date of birth: June 17, 1982 (age 30)
Place of birth: Dayton, Ohio
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 200 lb (91 kg)

from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Allen_%28safety%29

The guy from the Steelers. Sorry, I thought they were talking to the guy from the Patriots.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 19m

Quote:
Marcus Spears said Mingo could be in the categories of Aldon Smiths and D-Wares. Also said he didn't think Ryan should have been fired.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:
Marcus Spears said Mingo could be in the categories of Aldon Smiths and D-Wares. Also said he didn't think Ryan should have been fired.

Spears is an even bigger dumbarse than I though. Glad he's finally gone.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:

Spears is an even bigger dumbarse than I though. Glad he's finally gone.

Yeah, that's not a very smart thing to say on his part. Aldon Smith and DeMarcus Ware had actual on-field production in college. Mingo? Not so much. The guy has "bust" written all over him. I hate guys who are overdrafted based on hype and "potential". It rarely ends well.

Northland wrote:
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-romo-cant-be-tagged-in-2014/

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-romo-cant-be-tagged-in-2014/
well that answers that question.

Have to get a contract done now.

For those that didn't read the article, Romo actually has 3 years remaining in his contract that become voidable if he is on the roster at the end of the 2013 league year. Since The Franchise Tag period ends before he becomes a FA (at time of contract voiding), Romo woul be not eligible for the Tag. Thus making him an immediate FA at the start of the 2014 League Year. Big loop hole in his contract.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[shrugs]

I expect him to retire a Cowboy. And I would rather not franchise him.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

For those that didn't read the article, Romo actually has 3 years remaining in his contract that become voidable if he is on the roster at the end of the 2013 league year. Since The Franchise Tag period ends before he becomes a FA (at time of contract voiding), Romo woul be not eligible for the Tag. Thus making him an immediate FA at the start of the 2014 League Year. Big loop hole in his contract.

Romo holds so much power in these negotiations, it's crazy. He should really rob us, no way we get out of this without overpaying a lot. The question is just, how much are we going to overpay?

- I'm by no way a Jerry Jones hater, but he and the rest of the FO really had been thinking short term with that contract. It might have gotten Romo and his agent to agree earlier and cheaper at the time, but know it comes back to bite us in the a**.
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Romo holds so much power in these negotiations, it's crazy. He should really rob us, no way we get out of this without overpaying a lot. The question is just, how much are we going to overpay?

- I'm by no way a Jerry Jones hater, but he and the rest of the FO really had been thinking short term with that contract. It might have gotten Romo and his agent to agree earlier and cheaper at the time, but know it comes back to bite us in the a**.

especially if Aaron Rodgers signs his extension before Romo.

WareWolf94

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

I dont think anyone pays Romo more than 17 mil a year. He hasn't won anything. And with the reputation Romo has with most non cowboy fans they would be looking to burn the GM or Owner who overpays in free agency for him at the stake. If he chooses to leave, its him conceding the role is too big for him, and the pressure is too much.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this a big deal that we can't franchise Romo? Is this something that the Cowboys organization didn't already know? Highly unlikely. They know what is going on, and that is why they are working on a deal. It is what it is

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

I dont think anyone pays Romo more than 17 mil a year. He hasn't won anything. And with the reputation Romo has with most non cowboy fans they would be looking to burn the GM or Owner who overpays in free agency for him at the stake. If he chooses to leave, its him conceding the role is too big for him, and the pressure is too much.

You can compare it to someone reaching for a QB in the draft. The Browns would overpay for Romo if given the chance as they have been in QB hell since they came back into the league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 5 of 25

Jump to: