Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins agree to terms with CB EJ Biggers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4241
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.
wilson gave up alot of yards to dez bryant on thanks giving and also gave big plays to cruz too.

Its fine tho but he isnt better than hall they both suck in coverage except hall gets picks .


Wilson be a good nickle for sure tho but come on they both suck idk why. U like wilson but he wasnt that good.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.
wilson gave up alot of yards to dez bryant on thanks giving and also gave big plays to cruz too.

Its fine tho but he isnt better than hall they both suck in coverage except hall gets picks .


Wilson be a good nickle for sure tho but come on they both suck idk why. U like wilson but he wasnt that good.
advanced stats show that Wilson and Biggers are better in coverage than Hall. They pass the eye test more than Hall who gives up a reception 2 out of every 3 targets that come his way or more.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 7017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.


Err. Hall covered Bryant in our biggest game vs. them, and shut him down. Wilson was put on the best WR early and was blown away constantly, it wasn't till later that he even wound up as average.

And calling out the FS, thought Hall does get hepl, is valid for both. Though you're completely wrong on "getting no help". Hall gets help, but he trusted that help and it left him out to dry many times. It happened to both Wilson and Hall on Cruz. Same route, same concept, and Williams blew it for both of them. However, between the 2 of them one has shown a knack of making big plays, solid tackling, and periods of dominate coverage (albeit very intermittently) while Wilson, besides his first year with us, has been only consistent in his varying degrees of averageness to below so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4241
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.
wilson gave up alot of yards to dez bryant on thanks giving and also gave big plays to cruz too.

Its fine tho but he isnt better than hall they both suck in coverage except hall gets picks .


Wilson be a good nickle for sure tho but come on they both suck idk why. U like wilson but he wasnt that good.
advanced stats show that Wilson and Biggers are better in coverage than Hall. They pass the eye test more than Hall who gives up a reception 2 out of every 3 targets that come his way or more.
stats mean nothing its performānc.




Hall not back with us but idk how u believe hall wasnt our best cb, biggers is awful as a starter and wilson wasnt that good either.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20760
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
I've heard nothing but negative things about this guy. I guess we're going with a certain poster's (I think Woz, but I'm not certain) strategy at finding someone to play in the secondary: Keep throwing poo at a wall and hoping it sticks. Not the best metaphor in the world, but it gets the job done. Laughing


Given our cap situation and draft picks, it's all we can do.

Can't say I'm crazy about the pick, especially when there were other guys available (yes, Winfield is older but he's better and could probably be had for a "two" year deal).


Who's to say we won't make some room still and sign Winfield? If Winfield is out there for much longer, he could just be looking to be employed.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151491/

Quote:
The Vikings cut Winfield on Tuesday after the cornerback declined a pay cut. Winfield was within his rights, especially coming off a season in which he remained a premier run defender while not surrendering a single touchdown through the air.


I mean this is a pretty amazing stat! You gotta love those buckeyes!


Given that he's now visiting with us ... I'm much happier.

Biggers as a nickel corner is fine ... Biggers as our #2, eh, not so good. He's got potential, but boy did he get burned badly last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
I've heard nothing but negative things about this guy. I guess we're going with a certain poster's (I think Woz, but I'm not certain) strategy at finding someone to play in the secondary: Keep throwing poo at a wall and hoping it sticks. Not the best metaphor in the world, but it gets the job done. Laughing


Given our cap situation and draft picks, it's all we can do.

Can't say I'm crazy about the pick, especially when there were other guys available (yes, Winfield is older but he's better and could probably be had for a "two" year deal).


Who's to say we won't make some room still and sign Winfield? If Winfield is out there for much longer, he could just be looking to be employed.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151491/

Quote:
The Vikings cut Winfield on Tuesday after the cornerback declined a pay cut. Winfield was within his rights, especially coming off a season in which he remained a premier run defender while not surrendering a single touchdown through the air.


I mean this is a pretty amazing stat! You gotta love those buckeyes!


Given that he's now visiting with us ... I'm much happier.

Biggers as a nickel corner is fine ... Biggers as our #2, eh, not so good. He's got potential, but boy did he get burned badly last year.
so did Hall. Actually Hall got burnt more. Lol
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.
wilson gave up alot of yards to dez bryant on thanks giving and also gave big plays to cruz too.

Its fine tho but he isnt better than hall they both suck in coverage except hall gets picks .


Wilson be a good nickle for sure tho but come on they both suck idk why. U like wilson but he wasnt that good.
advanced stats show that Wilson and Biggers are better in coverage than Hall. They pass the eye test more than Hall who gives up a reception 2 out of every 3 targets that come his way or more.
stats mean nothing its performance.

Hall not back with us but idk how u believe hall wasnt our best cb, biggers is awful as a starter and wilson wasnt that good either.
yeah and Halls performance since he came to DC has been at best average and we've paid him to be a top cb. Look we're just going to have to disagree, because I never thought Hall was any good in Atl, Oak and he was only good here in 08 as our #3 cb behind Rogers and Smoot, and he pulled a Haynesworth on us and played his heart out for a big contract the rest of 08 which we have him instead of giving it to our own drafted and better cb Carlos Rogers, who had gone to to be one of the best in the league since he skipped town and DHall has continued to be one of the worst in the league since Rogers left.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.


Err. Hall covered Bryant in our biggest game vs. them, and shut him down. Wilson was put on the best WR early and was blown away constantly, it wasn't till later that he even wound up as average.

And calling out the FS, thought Hall does get hepl, is valid for both. Though you're completely wrong on "getting no help". Hall gets help, but he trusted that help and it left him out to dry many times. It happened to both Wilson and Hall on Cruz. Same route, same concept, and Williams blew it for both of them. However, between the 2 of them one has shown a knack of making big plays, solid tackling, and periods of dominate coverage (albeit very intermittently) while Wilson, besides his first year with us, has been only consistent in his varying degrees of averageness to below so.
however. Josh Wilson was kept, Hall was not and Hall wasn't even restructured, he was flat out fired. He hasn't gotten another job and I've heard no rumblings from beat reporters (only from Hall fans who are apologists for how poor he plays) that the redskins are interested in Hall returning in the future.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group