Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:
Christian Gin ‏@Christian_Gin 34s
RT @RapSheet: Nnamdi Asomugha is still torn between #49ers and #Saints, I'm told. But New Orleans pushing really hard to get him. #Staytuned

I'm guessing Saints are offering a better contract, we are offering a better situation as far as being dang near his hometown team and big time Super Bowl contender

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:
RT @RapSheet: Nnamdi Asomugha is still torn between #49ers and #Saints, I'm told. But New Orleans pushing really hard to get him. #Staytuned

I'm guessing Saints are offering a better contract, we are offering a better situation as far as being dang near his hometown team and big time Super Bowl contender

I think he's goes to the Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he comes home to Cali...

Err.. Hope would be a better way to put it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:

There's a second part to that which says that we wouldn't even guarantee him a starting spot prior to camp. If that's the case, I can't see him picking us over the saints unless he really wants to come home from California

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Psychlone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:

There's a second part to that which says that we wouldn't even guarantee him a starting spot prior to camp. If that's the case, I can't see him picking us over the saints unless he really wants to come home from California
If he's not confident enough to think he can secure a starting spot, don't want him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Forge wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:

If he's not confident enough to think he can secure a starting spot, don't want him.

well stated.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it means anything on the Nnamdi front, but Tracy Porter visited the Saints yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Time's ticking Reply with quote

It would be prudent for Nnamdi to decide soon. The whole landscape changes with each new signing or trade. Like the Tracy Porter visit to New Orleans or the always impending trade of Darrell Revis. No guarantee of a better deal out there awaiting him after the draft as well.
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 49ers are not offering a gaurantee on a starting spot an mybe less money. The Saints are prob offering a starting spot on the outside an a little more money. I think he wants to play for us more but the playing situation is better in LA so he is torn. Hope he comes to SF. We could use him.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt MaioccoVerified account ‏@MaioccoCSN

If Nnamdi Asomugha signs w/ 49ers, he'll compete against Carlos Rogers. 49ers will not cut Rogers because he might be better than Asomugha.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

If Nnamdi Asomugha signs w/ 49ers, he'll compete against Carlos Rogers. 49ers will not cut Rogers because he might be better than Asomugha.

Yep, and it makes NO sense cutting Rogers before June 1st anyways. This would be the best scenario as we can let go of Rogers IF he gets out played by Asomugha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSN Bay Area expects free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha to compete with Carlos Rogers if he's signed by the 49ers.
Asomugha is reportedly "torn" between the 49ers and Saints, and this is surely a factor. Rogers took a big step back last season, but had a better year than Asomugha. If the money is close to equal, Asomugha would likely be better off reuniting with DC Rob Ryan in New Orleans. If Rogers was reduced to competing for his starting job, he'd almost certainly be asked to cut his $5.5 million salary.

roto
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

Yep, and it makes NO sense cutting Rogers before June 1st anyways. This would be the best scenario as we can let go of Rogers IF he gets out played by Asomugh.

I think you can technically cut players right away and designate them as post-June 1st cut anyway. That's what the Bills are doing with Ryan Fitzpatrick (after further research, each team is allowed to designate up to 2 players as post-june 1st cuts prior to june 1st). He would have cost them 11+ mil against the cap if cut in the traditional fashion, but by designating him a post-june 1st cut, the cap penalty is spread over two years instead. So, we could technically cut Rogers and take a roughly 6 millions cap penalty this year, or designate him a post-june 1st cut and have cap hits of 3 millions for each of the next two years. Do we really need to save 4 millions that bad that we'd pay for him not to play? I'd rather keep him and find cap relief elsewhere. Then we cut him next year and pay next to nothing in penalty.

We have several players we can extend or cut before Rogers. Goodwin is a good example. Let's extend Davis and Iupati right away (I think they're eligible for renegotiation, since they finished their third year, right? Not sure about the new rule... maybe it's 4 years). Then we have Justin who is on the bloated end of his deal (earning 8 millions). Imagine we extend him two more years, and convert 6 of 7.5 mil base salary this year into a signing bonus. His cap hit for 2013 would go from 8 to 4.5. And we could do a little magic trick with Andy Lee's contract too. He currently has a roster bonus due this year, good for 1.75 mil. If we converted that roster bonus into a signing bonus, even without extending his contract, we would save over 1.9 millions this year, while increasing his cap hit for the following year by 290k. His cap hit already goes down dramatically after 2013, so a 290k increase would still place him below market value for all-pro punters (actually, roughly the same price has the franchise tag for punters is, so an average of the top 5 punter salaries). Just with Lee and Justin Smith, we could easily save upwards of 6.4 millions. That's more than we need to sign our 2013 draft class. If we evaluate that we can go forward with a better alternative than Goodwin at center, we'd save an additional 5 millions. So, the situation isn't nearly as bad as some might think.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
CSN Bay Area expects free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha to compete with Carlos Rogers if he's signed by the 49ers.
Asomugha is reportedly "torn" between the 49ers and Saints, and this is surely a factor. Rogers took a big step back last season, but had a better year than Asomugha. If the money is close to equal, Asomugha would likely be better off reuniting with DC Rob Ryan in New Orleans. If Rogers was reduced to competing for his starting job, he'd almost certainly be asked to cut his $5.5 million salary.

roto

But why would Carlos accept to slash his salary? He has leverage. The niners can't really release him right away. Maybe he'd do it be cause he feels it makes the team better, but on the other hand, he knows he's probably not going to be a niner after 2013, and his next contract won't be a blockbuster. Nearing the end of his career, making money might be more important than giving his employer a chance to sign the guy who will replace him...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only makes sense (to me) to keep Rogers IF we keep him as a LCB at all times (maybe moving Culliver to FS). If we are still looking at Rogers as a NCB in our 70% of the time Nickel? Then I'd rather we just cut him loose and take the 3-3 mil cap hit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 88 of 99

Jump to: