Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 names for 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: 2 names for 2014 Reply with quote

I Know we havnt started 2013 but how do you guys think Mat Flynn would fit in morningwegs system. Now I'm not saying trade for him especially a 2nd rounder (like Alex smith) but I think seatle will end up cutting him loose , Russel Wilson is not going to play for that salary after this season.

Secondly I think jeremy Maclin is a free agent next year and he looks good in green .

it seems Idzick is talking a patient approach to rebuilding this mess.He realizes its not a quick fix

* Flynn of course is if we don't get teddy bridgewater
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying get Flynn in 2014 or now? I personally wouldn't mind him this year for the right price. If in 2014, then no, I'd rather draft someone in the 1st. Also, Maclin could be a good fit depending on what route we go this year at receiver.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Bridgewater gets so much love. He could tank out or get injured. I'm also not a fan of Matt Flynn. He had a few good games with great talent. I think Kevin Kolb would be a better fit than Flynn. Maclin would be a good fit too if the jets have a chance at him. I just hate looking to far ahead because the jets could do really well and Mark Sanchez could be the answer.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I don't know why Bridgewater gets so much love. He could tank out or get injured. I'm also not a fan of Matt Flynn. He had a few good games with great talent. I think Kevin Kolb would be a better fit than Flynn. Maclin would be a good fit too if the jets have a chance at him. I just hate looking to far ahead because the jets could do really well and Mark Sanchez could be the answer.

So could LaDainian Tomlinson. Laughing

Seriously, Bridgewater gets so much love because as of RIGHT NOW he is the best QB prospect in college football. He is not far behind where Luck was after this point in his collegiate career.
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Seriously, Bridgewater gets so much love because as of RIGHT NOW he is the best QB prospect in college football. He is not far behind where Luck was after this point in his collegiate career.
He's not close to Luck.

But I will say he's one hell of a good prospect. I there isn't any QB that is even remotely close to Luck going into next year's draft.

[]_[] Family
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

He's not close to Luck.

But I will say he's one hell of a good prospect. I there isn't any QB that is even remotely close to Luck going into next year's draft.

Does anyone remember another Louisville Jr who was the presumptive #1 pick, stayed in school and wound up barely being drafted?

Hint, he was a qb and this is last 5 yrs
green24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
JMG wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

He's not close to Luck.

Does anyone remember another Louisville Jr who was the presumptive #1 pick, stayed in school and wound up barely being drafted?

The only Louisville QB I can think of from recent drafts is Brian Brohm, and he was a second round pick.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
JMG wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

He's not close to Luck.

The only Louisville QB I can think of from recent drafts is Brian Brohm, and he was a second round pick.

Yeah and Louisville hasnt had a decent quarterback since Brohm. Not to sure who your talking about bro...
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is about 10 QB's that will be elgible for the 2014 draft that I like so far. So I'm not really looking at the potential QB's on the FA list.

No one wants Flynn now, so I doubt he will be high on anyone's list in 2014. The QB market is terrible at the moment, and no one still is showing high interest in him. Even when he was a FA, Miami & Seattle were the only teams that were interested. It's kind of shocking to me, but it's also a major red Flag imo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
JMG wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

He's not close to Luck.

Bridgewater is a true sophomore and just turned 20 in Nov...

Jets.
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's obviously talking about Johnny Unitas
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brohm was drafted in 2008 so I'm guessing that's who he's talking about.

- Cliff Burton
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escobar.8 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
JMG wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

He's not close to Luck.

Bridgewater is a true sophomore and just turned 20 in Nov...

Ok and he'll be a junior next year so...

N E W Y O R K J E T S
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

He's not close to Luck.

He's just about up there with Luck as a prospect. There's not a flaw in Bridgewater's game.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: