Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Potential FA Rumors - OT Winston rumored
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Aside from price, I don't see Durant as an improvement over Connor.

Seeing as they play different positions, I don't think it's fair to compare them. Would Durant be better than Albright/Wilber is the better question.

He's played OLB before. So it's not unfair.

But it wasn't his primary position and I don't think I've seen a single person suggest he would've been in the running for the SAM spot. You can't compare the two when its clear that Connor wasn't going to play the position Durant would be playing.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
young_gunner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff set to visit Monday

@clarencehilljr: ***UPDATE*** former Longhorns and Raiders safety Michael Huff @Huffy247 also visiting cowboys monday.. http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/03/cap-strapped-cowboys-hosting-two-free-agents-monday-but-cant-offer-deals-.html
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these visits on Monday makes me think a Romo extension is close to being finalized. We might see it done within the next few days. Depending on money obviously, I'd love to see us end up signing Slauson, Durant, and Huff. Would be 3 very solid signings imo.

GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we need Romo to get an extension, so we can create cap space, but aren't they planning to do the same with Spencer? I know Spencer will receive probably 8mil per year.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
I know we need Romo to get an extension, so we can create cap space, but aren't they planning to do the same with Spencer? I know Spencer will receive probably 8mil per year.

I think he will as well. Sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

I think he will as well. :(
All i want to know is will this team be able to extend Lee, Carter and Tyron Smith? that should be out priority. Not a DE that is peaking and a QB that is past the prime

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

All i want to know is will this team be able to extend Lee, Carter and Tyron Smith? that should be out priority. Not a DE that is peaking and a QB that is past the prime

Look, I love Sean Lee as much as the rest of you. But, what if Sean Lee breaks his arm next year? Or tears an ACL? Do we really want to extend him? If he gets injured again, he'll not have played a full season since he's been here. Same with Carter and same with Murray. I just think we need to wait and see if those guys can actually stay healthy long enough to deserve a longterm deal.

buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Can't extend Smith until next March, and don't you want Carter to actually play a full season before giving him an extension.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Given that I can't remember the last time we let someone get away we wanted to keep - I'd say there is a strong chance we will be able to, yes.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

I think he will as well. :(

Look, I love Sean Lee as much as the rest of you. But, what if Sean Lee breaks his arm next year? Or tears an ACL? Do we really want to extend him? If he gets injured again, he'll not have played a full season since he's been here. Same with Carter and same with Murray. I just think we need to wait and see if those guys can actually stay healthy long enough to deserve a longterm deal.
I hear ya. Health is important but i just want to have the ability.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Gvegas222

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agents SLB Justin Durant and S Will Allen took physicals for the Cowboys on Monday

Quote:
Free agent FS Michael Huff was also in town, but he didn't undergo a medical screening.

Wonder if we are really going to sign any of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question - would we be $10 million under the cap right now if we hadn't been slapped with that penalty?

The eyes of Texas are upon you...
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado Dan wrote:
A question - would we be $10 million under the cap right now if we hadn't been slapped with that penalty?

Anyone feel free to correct me, but wasnt it 10 million over 2 years? 5 mil last season and 5 mil this season?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Desperado Dan wrote:

Anyone feel free to correct me, but wasnt it 10 million over 2 years? 5 mil last season and 5 mil this season?

Correctamundo.

sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durant sounds interesting...as long as Albright and Wilber get to compete...Albright impressed me last year and why draft a guy like Wilber if he cant compete...I really am getting tired of Dallas going after these low priced old or back up players to come in and tear up the league on the OL...so whats the deal...every year bring in someone new and see how they do...why not just draft a guy high or bring in an established younger guy that can play out a 4-5 year deal and know "hes our guy"...like Grubbs last year or Levitre this year? Look at what a team like Pitts does with their line in a couple of years they completely rebuild with 2 #1 picks and 2#2 picks...or Frisco...3#1 picks on their line...

Frustrated....for sure...

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 18 of 34

Jump to: