Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Respect: Todd McClure to Join the Ring of Honor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Respect: Todd McClure to Join the Ring of Honor Reply with quote

Todd McClure's words resounded and spoke truth Monday.

"I love this franchise. I'll be a Falcon for life," he told the crowd of media members, Falcons executives and staff and teammates gathered at the Arthur M. Blank Family Office in Atlanta during an emotional ceremony to officially announce his retirement.

After 13 seasons with the Falcons a rare feat in today's free agency era perhaps it's no more true of any other former player that he will be a Falcon for life. McClure has left a legacy that won't soon be overshadowed in Falcons history.

His story is an inspiring one of a seventh-round draft pick without much hope of making the team, let alone carving a significant notch into the history books of an NFL franchise.

...from the Atlanta Falcons website.
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job Mcclure Respect is much deserved!
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if any player has put more of their lives into the Atlanta Falcons than Todd McClure has.

So much respect for the mud dog, I hope he does stay involved with the organization. Class act and outstanding consistent football player, he will be missed in the locker room and on the field

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad day for me when my favorite falcon on the team decides to hang them up and not be with us anymore. Mud Duck will be cherished by all the people he played with and that have watched him play. He deserved a Pro Bowl bid many times and should have left with a SB ring that he deserved more than any falcon on the team imo.

Hopefully he comes back as a coach for us in some way or form for the lineman one day. He was one of the smartest lineman i have ever seen play and would do wonders for the kids we have now and bring in for the future.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to talk the Creative guy who does the banner into having Mud Duck on there somewhere.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: