Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Big Board #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be #2 on our BB?
Eric Fisher
71%
 71%  [ 30 ]
Dion Jordan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Dee Milliner
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Ziggy Ansah
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Jarvis Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Star Loutulelei
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sharif Floyd
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chance Warmack
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Bjorne Werner
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 42

Author Message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11665
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher.
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
I went Milliner. I don't think Fisher is the second best player in this draft. I don't even think he's top 5.


It's ok cause I wouldn't draft Milliner in first or second round
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8622
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I went Milliner. I don't think Fisher is the second best player in this draft. I don't even think he's top 5.


What don't you like about him?


It's not that I don't like him, I just like other guys more. I understand people value OTs higher than most positions, I do not. I value talent first and foremost.
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LION KING


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17430
Location: THE U.P. MICHIGAN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same argument over and over again you don't win Super Bowls with Offense it always comes down to how good your defense really is we need to stop thinking with your OFFENSIVE HEARTS! Rolling Eyes


I agree with Louis its a DB all the way anything else other then Defense this pick is a wasted pick to me!

We can't keep blowing top 10 picks on OFFENSE year after year and ignore the talent levels on defense we lack!
_________________
You have to stand bye your convictions, sometimes you might stand alone but when your proven right its a great feeling!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19637
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Same argument over and over again you don't win Super Bowls with Offense it always comes down to how good your defense really is we need to stop thinking with your OFFENSIVE HEARTS! Rolling Eyes


I agree with Louis its a DB all the way anything else other then Defense this pick is a wasted pick to me!

We can't keep blowing top 10 picks on OFFENSE year after year and ignore the talent levels on defense we lack!
Since 2009 we have spent more top 15 picks on defense then offense.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8622
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Same argument over and over again you don't win Super Bowls with Offense it always comes down to how good your defense really is we need to stop thinking with your OFFENSIVE HEARTS! Rolling Eyes


I agree with Louis its a DB all the way anything else other then Defense this pick is a wasted pick to me!

We can't keep blowing top 10 picks on OFFENSE year after year and ignore the talent levels on defense we lack!
Since 2009 we have spent more top 15 picks on defense then offense.


Why top 15? LK said top 10, and since 2009 we're even 1 and 1 with our picks. If you're going to change the argument, why not 1st round picks? Because it skews your argument?

2009:
1. Matthew Stafford QB
20. Brandon Pettigrew TE

2010:
2. Ndamukong Suh DT
28(?). Jahvid Best RB

2011:
13. Nick Fairley DT

2012:
23. Riley Reiff LT
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyguy1609


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 2373
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fisher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
RyanFuller003


Moderator
Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 20183
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Same argument over and over again you don't win Super Bowls with Offense it always comes down to how good your defense really is we need to stop thinking with your OFFENSIVE HEARTS! Rolling Eyes


I agree with Louis its a DB all the way anything else other then Defense this pick is a wasted pick to me!

We can't keep blowing top 10 picks on OFFENSE year after year and ignore the talent levels on defense we lack!
Since 2009 we have spent more top 15 picks on defense then offense.


Why top 15? LK said top 10, and since 2009 we're even 1 and 1 with our picks. If you're going to change the argument, why not 1st round picks? Because it skews your argument?

2009:
1. Matthew Stafford QB
20. Brandon Pettigrew TE

2010:
2. Ndamukong Suh DT
28(?). Jahvid Best RB

2011:
13. Nick Fairley DT

2012:
23. Riley Reiff LT

Or the second round, where the only defensive player we've taken has been Louis Delmas and every other one has been an offensive skill player. For what it's worth, I'd have no problem with that approach if it were producing wins. It worked just fine for the Colts in the 2000's.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)


Last edited by RyanFuller003 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was a totally skewed range. I'd actually go first two rounds, because I'm sure the majority of us expect starters from our 1st and 2nd round selections.

That would really skew the ratio offensively.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19637
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Same argument over and over again you don't win Super Bowls with Offense it always comes down to how good your defense really is we need to stop thinking with your OFFENSIVE HEARTS! Rolling Eyes


I agree with Louis its a DB all the way anything else other then Defense this pick is a wasted pick to me!

We can't keep blowing top 10 picks on OFFENSE year after year and ignore the talent levels on defense we lack!
Since 2009 we have spent more top 15 picks on defense then offense.


Why top 15? LK said top 10, and since 2009 we're even 1 and 1 with our picks. If you're going to change the argument, why not 1st round picks? Because it skews your argument?
Yes it does skew it. Whats your point? Laughing
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8622
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Same argument over and over again you don't win Super Bowls with Offense it always comes down to how good your defense really is we need to stop thinking with your OFFENSIVE HEARTS! Rolling Eyes


I agree with Louis its a DB all the way anything else other then Defense this pick is a wasted pick to me!

We can't keep blowing top 10 picks on OFFENSE year after year and ignore the talent levels on defense we lack!
Since 2009 we have spent more top 15 picks on defense then offense.


Why top 15? LK said top 10, and since 2009 we're even 1 and 1 with our picks. If you're going to change the argument, why not 1st round picks? Because it skews your argument?
Yes it does skew it. Whats your point? Laughing


Laughing
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan#1Pick


Joined: 24 Nov 2006
Posts: 1348
Location: Central Michigan University
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher for sure. Next one should be interesting to say the least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 9101
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I went Milliner. I don't think Fisher is the second best player in this draft. I don't even think he's top 5.


What don't you like about him?


It's not that I don't like him, I just like other guys more. I understand people value OTs higher than most positions, I do not. I value talent first and foremost.


Sorry to beat a dead horse, but why don't you view Fisher as talented as others? I think in a draft class that doesn't have many elite prospects, Fisher is one of the three.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8622
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I went Milliner. I don't think Fisher is the second best player in this draft. I don't even think he's top 5.


What don't you like about him?


It's not that I don't like him, I just like other guys more. I understand people value OTs higher than most positions, I do not. I value talent first and foremost.


Sorry to beat a dead horse, but why don't you view Fisher as talented as others? I think in a draft class that doesn't have many elite prospects, Fisher is one of the three.


Not to me. I would take Star, Joeckel, Warmack long before Fisher. They are the elite prospects. After that you have some potential elite guys like Milliner and Jones. Then you have the next tier of guys, the guys who are being hyped up due to the position they play, there you find Jordan, Ansah and Fisher. I'm almost willing to include Vacarro in this group. They are talented, but wouldn't be top ten picks any other year.
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group