Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manipulating the Draft Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Manipulating the Draft Board Reply with quote

We know Dominick is not afraid of draft day trades and it has been quite successful (last years move up for Martin and David). There also may be some truth to the Revis trade, but who knows for sure besides Dominick. So what if we could trade for Revis, because he salary would not be an issue with our 27 million under the cap, and still somehow manage to have a large amount of picks.

First we trade for Revis---- and give up our first next year, our 2nd this year, and our first 4th this year.

That leaves us with draft picks: 1,3,4,5,6,6 this year.

Second, we trade back to the end of round 1--- giving up our 13th pick for a pick somewhere in the 22-28 range and receive a 2nd and 4th also.

Now we have: 1,2,3,4,4,5,6,6

Now the last move we do is trade out of the first round for 2nd and a 3rd.

So we end up with picks: 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,6,6 and Revis this year.
while essentially only giving up next years first for Revis.

Im not sure on the value of each pick, so I may be wrong on what picks we would receive for each trade, but its just an idea that came to mind. Given the depth that is available at most positions in rounds 2-4, we could add some good talent and competition to our roster.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all sounds good, but the problem is, in this draft, most teams are looking to move down. The team with the most Ammo to make a big jump is the Niners, 15 picks. Do you really want to move down that far and miss out on some pretty solid players?

I'd hate to lose out on a guy like Trufant, Richardson, Rhodes, and even a TE like Eifert.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of this...but it also severely hinges on who is available when we pick. If there's no one there that fits what we're looking for than trade down...but I don't plan on picking in the top 15 every year so when you're there and a franchise cornerstone can be available I'd rather take one of those than 3 average guys
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking maybe a team wants a qb or if star or Richardson or Jarvis jones fall, a team may be tempted to move up. We could solidify our corners with jamar Taylor and Robert Alford in the second. And still have picks 3,3,4,4 for either dt, de, slb, wr or even rt, Te, or qb. A cb depth chart of revis, Taylor, Alford, Johnson, Gaitor seems solid.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Revis and trade down with the first. Pick up Banks with our first pick and then let the rest of the draft fall together.

Imagine if we could get Revis and walk away with the first 3 rounds with a Banks, Carradine and Jenkins/Hankins....

drooooooolll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuccaneersFan34 wrote:
I was thinking maybe a team wants a qb or if star or Richardson or Jarvis jones fall, a team may be tempted to move up. We could solidify our corners with jamar Taylor and Robert Alford in the second. And still have picks 3,3,4,4 for either dt, de, slb, wr or even rt, Te, or qb. A cb depth chart of revis, Taylor, Alford, Johnson, Gaitor seems solid.

If star fell and we traded down instead of taking him I would probably light my tv on fire
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
BuccaneersFan34 wrote:

If star fell and we traded down instead of taking him I would probably light my tv on fire

We said the same thing around this time last year about Morris Claiborne..we truly never know with Dom.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
BuccaneersFan34 wrote:

We said the same thing around this time last year about Morris Claiborne..we truly never know with Dom.

I mean I actually wasn't a big Mo fan- but I liked him more than Barron. I still to this day believe Dom gambled and lost on Mo- though he could move down and get him but didn't
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
BuccaneersFan34 wrote:

I mean I actually wasn't a big Mo fan- but I liked him more than Barron. I still to this day believe Dom gambled and lost on Mo- though he could move down and get him but didn't

I loved Claiborne, still wish we took him. I was pissed, hopefully Barron proves me wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star would obviously be bpa, it's just the heart thing that scares me. If your going to invest a first rounder in a player, you better know for sure he will be able to even play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: