Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Apollo's First 2013 Mock (w/Trades)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Apollo's First 2013 Mock (w/Trades) Reply with quote

Trade #7 to Jets for #9 and their 4th and 6th round picks



1. Chance Warmack/BAMA/OG: He's a special talent and if Keim truly is a BPA kind of GM, I think he'll go Warmack over a guy like Lane Johnson. I think we'll settle for Levi Brown/Nate Potter as our LT options this year.



2. Eric Reid/LSU/S: I expect Rashad Johnson to be the more in the box safety role so we need someone who can cover deep. Reid is a very athletic and aggressive safety who can line up at FS or SS. He's a big hitter in the mold of former LSU safety Laron Landry.



3. Corey Lemonier/Auburn/OLB: I don't like his snap anticipation as he's too slow off the line but he's a good athlete with a good motor who showed the ability to beat SEC tackles.


Trade 4th and 5th round pick for 3rd round pick



3. Travis Kelce/Cincinnati/TE: One of the few well-rounded TEs in this draft. A dominating run blocker who is just coming into his own as a receiver. He fits the versatile TE Arians wants. He can play H-Back, inline, or in the slot. Some injury concerns. Wasn't able to participate in the Senior Bowl or combine.



4. Matt Scott/Arizona/QB: We'll grab a QB in this draft eventually and I'm guessing it will be later in the draft. Scott only started one year in college so he's not ready to beat out Stanton but he's a mobile QB with a strong arm. I think he has the leadership and toughness Arians likes in his QBs.



6. Michael Mauti/Penn State/ILB: Major injury concerns so this is a risky pick but it's round 6 and Mauti's 2012 play leading up to a knee injury was worthy of a high 2nd round pick. Should be ready to contribute this season on ST.



6. Quanterus Smith/Western Kentucky/OLB: Lead the nation in sacks per game in 2012 until he tore his ACL. Another high potential player with an injury risk. Worth it to possibly find a game changing pass rusher.



6. Patrick Lewis/Texas A&M/C: A 4 year starter who can play guard or center. Provides valuable depth and can possibly push Sendlein for his job.


1. Chance Warmack/BAMA/OG
2. Eric Reid/LSU/S
3. Corey Lemonier/Auburn/OLB
3. Travis Kelce/Cincinnati/TE
4. Matt Scott/Arizona/QB
6. Michael Mauti/Penn State/ILB
6. Quanterus Smith/Western Kentucky/OLB
6. Patrick Lewis/Texas A&M/C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3510
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Dancing

Love it. Send it to Kiem
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5438
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it love it love it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - HATE Eric Reid. Plays out of control, poor tackler (Does not wrap up) is late to react in coverage, better playing closer to the LOS than farther away. Just not a player I want to be playing safety in an increasingly pass heavy NFL.

2 - I don't think Kelce gets to that stage of the draft, best TE in the draft to me, doubt he slips out of the top 64, though the off-field issue that caused him to be suspended in college could be a factor I have not completely accounted for.

3 - Not a fan of Scott, and I also don't think we are guaranteed to grab a QB this year. With Stanton, Hoyer, Skelton and Lindley all still on the roster it is feasible we add no QB in the draft. Keim loves to add them, but if we do I get the feeling it will be in 6 and no earlier.

4 - Quanterrus Smith is not going to be available in the sixth round. He does not make it out of the top 100. The ACL is not going to scare any teams away from potentially the best pass rusher in the draft.

I like bits of it, and hate others. I think Reid in 2 is a complete waste of a top 40 pick in such a deep draft. I love Mauti in 6. I like Lewis there too. Hate Scott. If Kelce and Smith get to those spots they are massive, massive steals.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I prefer Lane Johnson over Chance Warmack (but thats just my opinion)

-Reid misses too many tackles and is questionable in coverage

-I have Lemonier and Kelce in my mock too (Kelce i think will last until our 4th)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Kelce i think will last until our 4th


I don't see anyway that happens unless that off field issue is a lot more severe that anyone in the media/draftnik community knows and if that is the case I don't think we have interest in him anyway.

A TE like Kelce is very valuable in the NFL a guy who can play as both an inside blocker and as a split receiver. Is natural catching the ball, can go up and high point it and also provides a tangible benefit to your running game.

I don't think he gets much past our third round pick, if he even gets that far.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Kelce i think will last until our 4th


I don't see anyway that happens unless that off field issue is a lot more severe that anyone in the media/draftnik community knows and if that is the case I don't think we have interest in him anyway.

A TE like Kelce is very valuable in the NFL a guy who can play as both an inside blocker and as a split receiver. Is natural catching the ball, can go up and high point it and also provides a tangible benefit to your running game.

I don't think he gets much past our third round pick, if he even gets that far.


Here's why I think he will be there in the 4th:

-off the field issue
-missing the senior bowl and combine
-deep TE class (Eifert, Ertz, Escobar, Reed)
-TE's usually fall on draft day
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
1 - HATE Eric Reid. Plays out of control, poor tackler (Does not wrap up) is late to react in coverage, better playing closer to the LOS than farther away. Just not a player I want to be playing safety in an increasingly pass heavy NFL.

2 - I don't think Kelce gets to that stage of the draft, best TE in the draft to me, doubt he slips out of the top 64, though the off-field issue that caused him to be suspended in college could be a factor I have not completely accounted for.

3 - Not a fan of Scott, and I also don't think we are guaranteed to grab a QB this year. With Stanton, Hoyer, Skelton and Lindley all still on the roster it is feasible we add no QB in the draft. Keim loves to add them, but if we do I get the feeling it will be in 6 and no earlier.

4 - Quanterrus Smith is not going to be available in the sixth round. He does not make it out of the top 100. The ACL is not going to scare any teams away from potentially the best pass rusher in the draft.

I like bits of it, and hate others. I think Reid in 2 is a complete waste of a top 40 pick in such a deep draft. I love Mauti in 6. I like Lewis there too. Hate Scott. If Kelce and Smith get to those spots they are massive, massive steals.


1. Eh being overaggressive and not wrapping up is the hallmark of college safeties. That can be fixed. Guys like Elam, Swearinger, the Georgia safeties, Shamarko Thomas, etc all have the same issues. The difference with Reid is that he is both a gifted athlete and has the prototypical size and length for the safety position. He was definitely inconsistent in 2012 but he has undeniable potential. I think/hope a former safety like Todd Bowles can get the most out of him.

2. For what we need in a TE Kelce is my top guy as well. I also think Eifert, Ertz, Escobar, and McDonald will be taken ahead of him because he does have those character concerns and he was nursing an injury the whole off season. I think it's possible he'll be there for our 3rd round pick but no later, hence the trade up.

3. I personally like what I see in Scott. However, you're right about Quanterus Smith. It was a stretch to put him in the 6th round. I wanted him in my mock and just got too lazy to think of something more realistic. I think locking him in as a top 100 pick is a stretch though. I won't change the mock but if I had a do-over I'd replace Scott with Smith in the 4th. Then give me a guy like Sean Renfree in the 6th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
1. Eh being overaggressive and not wrapping up is the hallmark of college safeties. That can be fixed. Guys like Elam, Swearinger, the Georgia safeties, Shamarko Thomas, etc all have the same issues. The difference with Reid is that he is both a gifted athlete and has the prototypical size and length for the safety position. He was definitely inconsistent in 2012 but he has undeniable potential. I think/hope a former safety like Todd Bowles can get the most out of him.

2. For what we need in a TE Kelce is my top guy as well. I also think Eifert, Ertz, Escobar, and McDonald will be taken ahead of him because he does have those character concerns and he was nursing an injury the whole off season. I think it's possible he'll be there for our 3rd round pick but no later, hence the trade up.

3. I personally like what I see in Scott. However, you're right about Quanterus Smith. It was a stretch to put him in the 6th round. I wanted him in my mock and just got too lazy to think of something more realistic. I think locking him in as a top 100 pick is a stretch though. I won't change the mock but if I had a do-over I'd replace Scott with Smith in the 4th. Then give me a guy like Sean Renfree in the 6th.


1 - Only thing is that is the least of his worries. Consistently being late in coverage, not correctly hitting his landmarks and taking poor angles basically make him useless as a deep cover safety.

2 - Kelce is my top guy...Period.

3 - Pass rush is at such a premuim, a team will fall in love with what Smith can bring to the table (Most notably his explosion, speed off the edge, ability to bend and dip and ability to close) and take the risk.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with it if the dominoes fall into place. I can live with some of the picks depending on who's on the board. As Khodder said, some of it may not be super realistic but if it falls like this, I can be happy with it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group