Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Only Mock Draft (Up to Round 6)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylormade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Redskins Only Mock Draft (Up to Round 6) Reply with quote

My last post was misconstrued, I do agree our cornerback situation is dire. BUT there are other options like bring back D. Hall for a cheap contract. I'd rather have D. Hall over Fred Davis. Fred Davis is overrated imo. Paulsen will just be fine. We can draft an athletic tight end down the road. Or Now.

I'm pretty indifferent to this draft; we don't have a first rounder. 2nd and 3rd rounders usually aren't expected to have a huge impact their rookie years. So I like to go with the guys with the high boom / bust reward, who could blossom with no pressure on them. I don't care too much about character, either. We seem to have a good locker room. Oh, and is Leonard Hankerson the new 50/50? Seems our young receivers are very mehhh.

Redskins Only Mock Draft

ROUND TWO

SECOND ROUND, PICK 51: David Amerson - CB NORTH CAROLINA ST. - Hey guys remember me, former top-10 pick All American David Amerson? Amerson answered his athleticism skeptics at the combine this year with a solid 4.44 ~ He is a playmaker, with size 6'1 205 lb size. The thing is, he can only play in a zone. If we ever switch to man coverage, he will suck. We run a lot of zone, and EJ Biggers / Josh Wilson aren't really playmakers. Amerson has the 10+ int a year potential at CB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbcWTBYdMMU

other options ~ Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon St., Darius Slay, CB Miss. St, Terron Armstead, RT Ark. Pine-BLuff, Kyle Long, RT Oregon

3rd Round, PICK 85:Da'Rick Rogers - WR TENNESSEE TECH. - First round talent, 3rd round brain. He gets the nod over the Honey Badger because he actually played last year. The only thing that concerns me is his forty time, but eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF3BUyakyag

other option ~ the Honey Badger, CB LSU, Bacarri Rambo, FS George

4th ROUND< PICK 119:Marquise Goodwin - WR TEXAS - Ideally, I would have liked a stud TE right here, but I don't see how any will be available. Goodwin has legit 4.3 speed and we need competition at the PR spot. Whatever Goodwin does at WR is gravy. We just can't hand that position over to Crawford.

5th ROUND, PICK 154Nick Casa - TE COLORADO - Much needed competition at TE.

5th ROUND, PICK 162Robert Lester - S ALABAMA - Competition at safety

TOO LAZY TO DO THE REST OF THE DRAFT Smile

In FREE AGENCY I WOULD SIGN -

CB DeAngelo Hall
FS Kherry Rhodes
FS Gerald Sensabaugh
TE Kevin Boss
DE Alan Branch

"Ryan Torrain has more yards than both Larry Johnson and FWP put together!" - Me, Bold Predictions Thread, May 4th 2010
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Amerson pick. I think he gambled alot his senior year which led to bad games. With proper coaching O think he could be a great corner early in his career and transition to FS later.
I hate the Rodgers pick. The dude has unbelieveable talent but is garbage off the field. I feel the same way about Tyler Brey. I know I give Mathieu alot of slack from messing up in college, but Rogers as more baggage than just Drugs violations. I would run as far from him as possilbe. Rogers and Goodwin seem like wants more than needs. I would rather take a later round reciever that can play the slot like Ace Sanders, Conner Vernon, or Chris Harper.
We will need to take a ILB somewhere in this draft. Losing Alexander makes that pick a huge need. Im not sold on Brian Kiel and Robinson is comming off an injury. Im sure I didnt spell Kiel right...sorry
I would like to see us take a FS early. I really like DJ Swearinger from South Carolina. He played FS and Nickle Corner for the Gamecocks. He doesnt mind to hit. Sure, he will need some coaching but I think he would be a good pick in the second or even better in the third.
Im not trying to hate on your Mock..You know as much as I do about who we are picking....just my 2 pennies!!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. We don't have the money to sign those free agents, so most of the players we get from here on our are going to be through the draft and very cheap free agents to fill out the roster.

We have no need for one wr, let alone two. Our top 5 wrs remain in tact and a lot of people project Hankerson to break out this year if given more targets. Garcon is our best wr, Morgan is a good possession wr, as is Hank, Moss is an excellent slot wr and Robinson is a tremendous deep threat. We still have Briscoe also who has proven to be a decent #3 or 4 while at Tampa but here he's our #6. We don't have a need for a wr. Especially not in the 3rd or 4th when we should be taking a FS, Tackle prospect or LB prospects. Instead of taking a WR in the 3rd or 4th, just take a wr in the 5th or 6th like Ace Sanders or Josh Boyce.

Remember Rob Jackson is suspended the first 4 games we need another reserve OLB and because we lost Alexander it'd be good to invest in an ilb to compete with Robinson and Keil for a reserve spot.

You don't have us taking a true FS, but have us taking a SS and we are loaded at SS. Confused

If Davis is not back I'm fine with that but he's far less overrated by tedskins fans than how much they overrate MeAngelo Hall! I want nothing to do with him on a roster, 1. He sucks as coverage 2. He's conceited 3. He sets a bad example for young players and is a poor mentor 4. He takes horrible penalties whether they be during the play or dead ball that really, really hurt the team and cost us games. It sets a horrible example for our young players.

So if Davis isn't back I'd take us drafting a TE but if we draft one we don't need to spend much money on signing one because we still have Paulsen and Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially in the "Trade Down" camp.

I don't know how much money we would need to sign 10-12 draftees.
But if we have the ability to trade down multiple times, I would do it.

This draft is very deep with D-Backs, O-Line & D-Line.

Why be set with 7 draft picks, when you can add 3 or 4 more. Which is what I think Bruce Allen & Mike Shanahan will do.

What do you do, when you have no 1st rd pick?
You trade down and add Quantity and hope for Quality.
We will be drafting best available player, along with need.

That damn draft simulator convinced me. Laughing

We could potentially land 2 Safeties, 2 CB's (we need it bad)
A Guard or Center (Always look to upgrade O-Line)
A WR (always look for RG3 weapons)
An ILB (london retiring) and possibly an OLB (with Jackson's 4 game Suspension)
A 3rd QB (RG'3 injury)

The usual & annual Shanahan late rd RB. (Royster is so-so and Helu is not healthy still)
Maybe a Punter, unless Rocca is for sure the man. (to compete)

That's 10 to 12 picks right there.

Even if we just hit on 4 (33%) of these 10-to-12 positions listed here.

That's at least 1 if not 2 more, than if we stay where we are with the 7.

I believe the Washington Redskins will trade down, sometime during this 2013 draft.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm officially in the "Trade Down" camp.

I don't know how much money we would need to sign 10-12 draftees.
But if we have the ability to trade down multiple times, I would do it.

This draft is very deep with D-Backs, O-Line & D-Line.

Why be set with 7 draft picks, when you can add 3 or 4 more. Which is what I think Bruce Allen & Mike Shanahan will do.

What do you do, when you have no 1st rd pick?
You trade down and add Quantity and hope for Quality.
We will be drafting best available player, along with need.

That damn draft simulator convinced me. Laughing

We could potentially land 2 Safeties, 2 CB's (we need it bad)
A Guard or Center (Always look to upgrade O-Line)
A WR (always look for RG3 weapons)
An ILB (london retiring) and possibly an OLB (with Jackson's 4 game Suspension)
A 3rd QB (RG'3 injury)

The usual & annual Shanahan late rd RB. (Royster is so-so and Helu is not healthy still)
Maybe a Punter, unless Rocca is for sure the man. (to compete)

That's 10 to 12 picks right there.

Even if we just hit on 4 (33%) of these 10-to-12 positions listed here.

That's at least 1 if not 2 more, than if we stay where we are with the 7.

I believe the Washington Redskins will trade down, sometime during this 2013 draft.
hmmm. I think we'll trade up if anything.

I think it's good to trade up and get the best DB we can in the draft at the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM inclined to agree with Turtle. IMO we need quality over quantity. We ahve a decent roster. I think we can fill holes with quality players in our current draft spots
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
IM inclined to agree with Turtle. IMO we need quality over quantity. We ahve a decent roster. I think we can fill holes with quality players in our current draft spots
yeah, if we traded up we could get a cb like Desmond Trufant, Jonathan Banks or Darius Slay and then come back in the 3rd and get a FS like Phillip Thomas, Eric Reid who Walter has dropping a round or DJ Swearinger or TJ McDonald if the two better FS's are gone.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
yeah, if we traded up we could get a cb like Desmond Trufant, Jonathan Banks or Darius Slay and then come back in the 3rd and get a FS like Phillip Thomas, Eric Reid who Walter has dropping a round or DJ Swearinger or TJ McDonald if the two better FS's are gone.

Trading up can work, but it's a risk. Exclamation

if you miss on Trufant or whomever D-Back your trading up for, it can cost you big.

Not to mention we would most likely only have 4 or 5 total picks because we traded up.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying it's a risk.
Obviously, you increase your chances of hitting because of the talented player.

And maybe that's what we'll do because we don't have the money or roster room to sign 10-12 rookie draftees? Which is possible if not likely. (As if they'll make the team..lol)

I'm not against it, but I do like the option of trading down a little more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get a jersey with Honey Badger on it Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
I'd get a jersey with Honey Badger on it Laughing
why? He probably will play 12 games a rookie, miss his second season and be out of the league for good for drugs within 5 years. Laughing

That's would be a bad decision as buying a Haynesworth jersey in 09. Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Trading up can work, but it's a risk. Exclamation

if you miss on Trufant or whomever D-Back your trading up for, it can cost you big.

Not to mention we would most likely only have 4 or 5 total picks because we traded up.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying it's a risk.
Obviously, you increase your chances of hitting because of the talented player.

And maybe that's what we'll do because we don't have the money or roster room to sign 10-12 rookie draftees? Which is possible if not likely. (As if they'll make the team..lol)

I'm not against it, but I do like the option of trading down a little more.
its a risk to trade back and miss on a top talent also.
taylormade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Look at the date. Pretty pumped about this draft so far. I wonder if we gamble on Da'Rick Rogers? Also called us going for a TE.

"Ryan Torrain has more yards than both Larry Johnson and FWP put together!" - Me, Bold Predictions Thread, May 4th 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: