Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your ideal yet realistic 6 draft choices would be???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade this draft.
A
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
B
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Your ideal yet realistic 6 draft choices would be??? Reply with quote

What would you say the best case scenario for us would be assuming we make no trades and just hold our 6 picks where they are? List your guys but be realistic about it.

RD1 P18= Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Guards always fall in the draft and this yr with 2 great ones odds are 1 falls in our lap. In this case it's the monster power guard. I would love this pick as he reminds me a little of some guy named Larry Allen!

RD2 P17= Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
Love this guy. With his size ( 6"3, 315 LBS) and his ability to collapse the pocket and put pressure on the qb up the middle he would be an every down dt capable of stopping the run as well as rushing the passer. Would start day 1 next to Ratliff.

RD3 P18= Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
Very good value here and has potential to end up being a very good NFL RT. He would have every chance to start day 1 assuming he beats out D.Free.

RD4 P17= J.J. Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
Kind of a under the radar guy it seems but I really like this guy. I don't think he is far off talent wise from the higher ranked safeties that will go round 1-2. He has good size at 6"1, 213 lbs. I don't know if he would start right away but he would have a chance to compete for sure with our lack of depth at this position.

RD5 P18= Stefphon Jefferson, RB, Nevada
Would be a nice backup to Murray and could take over and carry the load I believe if Murray got hurt.
He finished second in the FBS in rushing this year with 1,883 yards (5.0 average) with 24 touchdowns

RD6 P17= Cameron Lawrence, OLB, Mississippi State
Good size and athleticism with starter potential down the road and ST'S player plus depth at the LB position. This would be nice value in the 6th.

Well here is mine. Let me know what you guys think about my selections and list yours as well!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
resilient

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first 3 picks play in the trenches. That makes it a B at minimum for me.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very solid draft for me. You addressed 3 of our biggest needs with the first 3 picks and was still able to add a RB and Safety to give us some much needed depth at very thin positions.

I graded this an A simply because I think Warmack could be the best player in this draft period and getting him at 18 would be a steal!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DCRA twins would love this draft.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
not just them. I don't belong to either club, but I do know that we need to upgrade the trenches heavily! Been a firm believer that Championships are won in the TRENCHES!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
not just them. I don't belong to either club, but I do know that we need to upgrade the trenches heavily! Been a firm believer that Championships are won in the TRENCHES!!

I agree 100% which is why this would be an ideal draft to me. You win in the trenches where all the dirty work goes down!

SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there can be a starting OLB in the 4th which goes a longer way then adding to our developmental safety depth. However, we'd walk away a very good team with that draft and I'll give it a B.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first 3 picks and like the positions of the last 3 picks, but the players themselves are suspect. It would really depend on who else at those same positions is also available.

For instance, if DJ Swearinger or Baccari Rambo - both 3rd-to-4th round safety prospects - are still there in the 4th, I'd prefer one of them over Wilcox. And if Marcus Lattimore is there in the 5th, I'd much prefer him (and his exploding knees) over Jefferson.

Either way, it's a solid B/B+ draft as it sits, and that ain't bad.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it...u have guys that can and would come in right away and start or contribute..which this team needs at these position...OG, OT, DT, S and RB

Peace
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I love the first 3 picks and like the positions of the last 3 picks, but the players themselves are suspect. It would really depend on who else at those same positions is also available.

For instance, if DJ Swearinger or Baccari Rambo - both 3rd-to-4th round safety prospects - are still there in the 4th, I'd prefer one of them over Wilcox. And if Marcus Lattimore is there in the 5th, I'd much prefer him (and his exploding knees) over Jefferson.

And you know that's much better than what were really gonna get which will most likely be an f- thanks to Jerruh

Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Also I think Swearinger will end up going much higher than some think. I believe he may go in the mid 2nd round. Now Lattimore has much more talent but he may not be ready to contribute this season. With Murray's injury prone history I think we need a capable back who could carry the load if need be and Jefferson is a guy who could do that imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: