Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forgotten Players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The only real back ups that I see having a legit chance to start next year are R. Leary at Guard and either Wilber or Albright at SAM.

Will Hannah start, or will we find somebody else. Plus I see Harris getting a shot also, or maybe Beasley.

Plus whats his name...Danny Coale is still there

Hannah will not be a starter for this team as long as witten is on it. He may "start" a couple games, but he wont be what I would classify a "starter".

Same with the WRs. Only 2 WRs are starters, Dez and Austin.

Come on Matts, if everytime we run a 2 TE set and Hannah is in doesn't that make him a starter? If everytime we run the spread, doesn't that make the slot reciever a starter?

we clearly have a different view of the term starter. There are only 11 of them. Everyone else is a back up.

You have me laughing now, how do you define eleven, If the first play of the game is a 2 TE set, are they the starters, or if we open with the spread, are they the starters....or does it simply have to be Pro-set...yeah we do disagree on who is a starter.

I feel sorry for Denver paying Welker all that money to not be a starter.

go to NFL.com
click on the cowboys
click on depth chart

that's how everyone else does it... Maybe your just unique?

I don't respond well to threads like this....just have it your way....win one for the keyboard.
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Forgotten Players Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Every single year when we have these conversations about how to fill a need, some players that are already on the roster, don't get discussed.

I see most places people still crying about Doug Free, I think its a forgone conclusion he'll not be playing T, and might get cut June 1st. So Parnell will be called to step in....But wait we signed this OT Darrion Weems to a 3 yr contract.

Anybody know anything about this guy, his job seems to be safe!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddus/Broaddus-Scouting-Report-For-Newly-Signed-OT-Weems/770a657c-0f93-42d9-9d98-a1e58b695335
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Forgotten Players Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Every single year when we have these conversations about how to fill a need, some players that are already on the roster, don't get discussed.

I see most places people still crying about Doug Free, I think its a forgone conclusion he'll not be playing T, and might get cut June 1st. So Parnell will be called to step in....But wait we signed this OT Darrion Weems to a 3 yr contract.

Anybody know anything about this guy, his job seems to be safe!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddus/Broaddus-Scouting-Report-For-Newly-Signed-OT-Weems/770a657c-0f93-42d9-9d98-a1e58b695335

Good positive information, thanks, sounds like if he worked out with our trainer this off season, might be a real plus. I really don't have a problem with what Calahan said.

I'm not an expert in anyways, I get some good info sometimes and I just pass it on.
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
What's he going to say? The line sucks, we need improvement? I doubt the team wants to show their hand going into the draft.

Everyone iin the NFL knows that the Cowboys need OL help so don't really why they would try to put up a smoke screen.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no issue with Callahan's comments. As others have said what is he supposed to say? He is aware of our cap situation and that we won't be getting any quality upgrades via free agency. He is also aware of the unpredictable nature of the draft - maybe we get some OL help maybe we don't. So he has to build up the guys he has because they could be all he has to work with. Can't trash the trash.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
At this point is Matt Johnson a backup player though? There's two safety spots, the Mccray experiment is over and all we have is church atm.

I really think it'll be oline and safety this draft.

Why is the McCray experiment over? I may have missed some news

I don't mean as far as the team goes I mean as far as starting at safety. He was pathetic last year.

Actually, I think Sensabaugh was pathetic, Danny can only get better, and this year in the Tampa 2 he might be a good rotational player. Plus he's aces on special teams....we need this kid.

McCray has little value other than Special Teams. He does not have the speed or range to play S in the Tampa 2.

HT thats your opinion and I can live with it.....but when the coaches all disagree with what you guys write....then they are all stupid and should never of had an NFL job.

There never was a McCray "experiment". He was never viewed as a starter. Due to injuries he was forced into a starting role last season. At this point he is "in the competition" but that is only until we address the position via the draft or FA. He should not and will not be in consideration for the starting gig unless he somehow improves dramatically. He is the special teams ace. Thats what he was brought back to do for us. No other reason. Emergency last resort starter. Possibly a hybrid linebacker/safety at times.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The only real back ups that I see having a legit chance to start next year are R. Leary at Guard and either Wilber or Albright at SAM.

Will Hannah start, or will we find somebody else. Plus I see Harris getting a shot also, or maybe Beasley.

Hannah will not be a starter for this team as long as witten is on it. He may "start" a couple games, but he wont be what I would classify a "starter".

Come on Matts, if everytime we run a 2 TE set and Hannah is in doesn't that make him a starter? If everytime we run the spread, doesn't that make the slot reciever a starter?

we clearly have a different view of the term starter. There are only 11 of them. Everyone else is a back up.

You have me laughing now, how do you define eleven, If the first play of the game is a 2 TE set, are they the starters, or if we open with the spread, are they the starters....or does it simply have to be Pro-set...yeah we do disagree on who is a starter.

go to NFL.com
click on the cowboys
click on depth chart

I don't respond well to threads like this....just have it your way....win one for the keyboard.

FYI Hawk, Hannah is NOT a starter. Now, yes, If they open in a 2 TE set, you can say he "started" if that makes you feel better. When i go to CBSSports and clk on "depth chart" Witten is the Starting TE. I hope that clarifies for you Smile
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

go to NFL.com
click on the cowboys
click on depth chart

FYI Hawk, Hannah is NOT a starter. Now, yes, If they open in a 2 TE set, you can say he "started" if that makes you feel better. When i go to CBSSports and clk on "depth chart" Witten is the Starting TE. I hope that clarifies for you Smile

To me its apples and oranges, and something for agents and owners to argue about. If you are one of the 46 guys suited up at the start of a game. Then to me you are an NFL Starter, ready to go at anytime.

Millions of dollars went into scouting, meetings film travel ect. to find these players. So when you wear an NFL Jersey and you are out there standing on the sidelines, you represent what millions will never achieve. You better be ready, and when I hear the words scrub, just a backup, nothing special....haha....because there is something very special about anybody that plays at the NFL Level.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
At this point is Matt Johnson a backup player though? There's two safety spots, the Mccray experiment is over and all we have is church atm.

I really think it'll be oline and safety this draft.

Why is the McCray experiment over? I may have missed some news

I don't mean as far as the team goes I mean as far as starting at safety. He was pathetic last year.

Actually, I think Sensabaugh was pathetic, Danny can only get better, and this year in the Tampa 2 he might be a good rotational player. Plus he's aces on special teams....we need this kid.

McCray has little value other than Special Teams. He does not have the speed or range to play S in the Tampa 2.

HT thats your opinion and I can live with it.....but when the coaches all disagree with what you guys write....then they are all stupid and should never of had an NFL job.

WTH are you talking about? I never said the coaches are stupid or shouldn't have jobs. I just don't see McCray as anything mroe than a ST guy and I don't think the coaches do either. The only reason he got so much playing time last season is because Church and Johnson both got hurt. He wasn't out there because the coaches thought he was good. He was out there because he knew the system better than the street free agents available. He was the best of a bunch of bad options.

If you have proof to the contrary, by all means, share it with us.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:

Not to thrust myself into this fascinating dialogue, but Hawksrealm asks an excellent question that deserves an answer... How do you define 11? Are you taking into account absolute value? What roll does nonzero infinitesimals play into your definition of "11?"

To further add to the complication... let's pretend Rob Ryan is calling the defense to start the game over 2 separate weeks. The first week he sends 13 players onto the field to start the game? Which of the 13 are the 11 starters? In week 2, he send 9 defenders onto the field to start the game... are their still 11 starters? If Rob Ryan craps in the woods but nobody is around to smell it, did he really crap in the woods OR does it just mean that we merely lost another starter for the season? [/u]
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
What's he going to say? The line sucks, we need improvement? I doubt the team wants to show their hand going into the draft.

Everyone iin the NFL knows that the Cowboys need OL help so don't really why they would try to put up a smoke screen.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer K...gotta be a reason Dallas kept him and let Nagy go...I liked Nagy

Peace
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Contrary to this board's belief, the offensive line is not the only problem position in Dallas and drafting a lineman at every single pick would not fix everything. They aren't going to do that and no rival organization expects them to do so; in fact, (get this), rival organizations probably don't know Dallas' plans with certainty.

There's a lot of ways that the team could reasonably go in the draft and they'd be silly to tip their hands in any way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: