Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How does your first round big board look?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stepover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great video interview with Greg Cosell on Tavon Austin - he thinks he's a top 5 pick. The point he makes (and I agree) is that the rule changes and the way the game has changed means an undersized player like Austin can thrive now. And anyone saying he's Ted Ginn 2 obviously has never watched any tape of him - I don't think I've ever seen a player cut at speed the way Austin does and the biggest difference between him and Ginn is that while Ginn was fast he took a while to get up to top speed whereas Austin goes from 0-60 in the blink of an eye.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152811/Is-Tavon-Austin-a-top-10-pick
Russ57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said it enough to sound like a broken record.....but:)

Drafting a DT is probably BPA and both of our starting DT's contracts are up next year. They are going to command too much money. We need to get younger and cheaper. We need true 4-3 defensive linemen.

Draft a DT, move Odrick inside, and then draft a DE. There are later round DT's that look like they could develop (Lemonier), or guys that are hurt (Jeffcoat), or guys that will slip because they said criminally dumb stuff (Montgomery). Or play it safe and get the best guy you can somewhere in the second round.

No doubt we need O-line help but I think we need to get D-line when the draft allows it.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stepover wrote:
I think this is a great video interview with Greg Cosell on Tavon Austin - he thinks he's a top 5 pick. The point he makes (and I agree) is that the rule changes and the way the game has changed means an undersized player like Austin can thrive now. And anyone saying he's Ted Ginn 2 obviously has never watched any tape of him - I don't think I've ever seen a player cut at speed the way Austin does and the biggest difference between him and Ginn is that while Ginn was fast he took a while to get up to top speed whereas Austin goes from 0-60 in the blink of an eye.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152811/Is-Tavon-Austin-a-top-10-pick

Yeah, I don't think I have seen somebody break so many ankles since Reggie Bush left USC.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, considering who is likely to be there.

1. Lane Johnson
2. Kenny Vacarro
3. Jonathan Cooper
?. Tavon Austin- I love his ability even though he is not at all a need. I'd heavily question the pick but love it at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Richardson fan. I think he is a mid first value at best. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I'm not a Richardson fan. I think he is a mid first value at best. But that's just me.

Lets hope he falls and Dallas likes him enough to move up....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: