Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How would you rank our need positions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I'm entirely open to the idea that I'm wrong, I just appreciate people taking the time to discuss it rather than make snide comments that bring zero value to the forum or the discussion

Dont get sensative on us now. Just teasing a little.

Wilber, Albright and Spencer could all play the position. Its not as important as Safety, DE or DT. As far as positional value, its one of the lowest on defense. I just dont see it as a high need are.

That said - I do think we should address it. And I would even be open to addressing it early if the right guy fell to us. But I just dont think that SAM is the difference between winning and loosing next season. Our OL and Safety play is a much bigger concern.

BTW - No one has answered me in the other thread, but can D Moore from A&M play Sam at a high level?

I don't know about D Moore

I'm a big Spencer fan as you know, but it seems like he's been cemented in at SDE and will not play any SAM.

DE has two very strong starters already lined up - and if Spencer gets extended like many think will happen - it drops significantly on need list.

DT I agree but moreso b/c we have 3 starter quality 3-techs and no 1-techs - but I think we see Hatcher / Lissemore / Ratliff rotating at the two spots with some Price if he can step up and overcome his adversity. So we have 3 starter quality guys to play 2 spots there which would seem to drop it down the needs list as well.

Where does the bolded come from? Same place you found out we're switching to a ZBS?

^daboyle250
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Where does the bolded come from? Same place you found out we're switching to a ZBS?

Comments by Rod and Monte - and as for ZBS, if you're referring to FFMD, that was what Des/FM30/JWin said, so I'm confused why you brought it up

Don't get me wrong though - since Kiffin was hired, I advocated Spencer to play SAM. I even set it up recently with Hatcher at SDE, Ratliff and Lissemore inside, Ware at WDE and Spencer at SAM on running downs, then sliding Spencer down to DE on Nickel and Dime packages with Rat/Liss/Hatch rotating inside.

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you've mentioned again somewhere else since FFMD. Saying Fluker won't be a fit for our ZBS.

^daboyle250
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Because you've mentioned again somewhere else since FFMD. Saying Fluker won't be a fit for our ZBS.

I believe you're referring to when you said Warmack shouldn't be considered by Dallas b/c he didn't fit a ZBS and then said Fluker would be a good RT prospect. If we are passing on Warmack for ZBS reasons, then Fluker likely should be passed on as well.

Perhaps we just misunderstood each other.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said Warmack would be a bad fit for us. Must have been someone else. Anyways, we are getting off topic...

^daboyle250
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
I never said Warmack would be a bad fit for us. Must have been someone else. Anyways, we are getting off topic...

No worries - I apologize - poor memory (I've slept therefore I've forgotten Laughing)

EDIT: Think it may have been Buckwild - but not guarantees - haha

Sig courtesy of mack.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I think they are needs, but I probably wouldn't draft a RB before the 4th (I'd like to see two OL and a safety personally) and I'm not sure if I would draft a WR at all. I want to see what Harris and Beasley and Coale can provide - I just worry about Miles' hammies. I also think decent back up RBs and WR can be bought this summer.

Yeah I think we are really on the same terms as far as our team needs. Do I expect us to fix the entire o line besides LT? Absolutely not, but every one of those positions could possibly be classified as "needs". They are all garbage. Livings was the only "serviceable" player last season IMO.

Id be thrilled if we got two quality o-linemen and a quality safety like you said. The 4th is the earliest I would consider taking a RB. I wouldnt draft a receiver. I would rely on possibly finding some undrafted FA's again, or finding someone on the cheap(Laurent Robinson if he can pass concussion tests), and as it stands right now there are some cheap options at the RB position as well. The key is extending Romo, june 1st cut Free, finding these cheap options, and having another successful draft. Our defense should be good with a small addition to the D line, another guy at safety, and added linebacker depth.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez...every single spot? Ill give u my top 4 and why

1. C - no decent center = no run game and no pass protection and cant hold a lead

2. OG - no decent guards = no run game and no pass protection and cant hold a lead

3. OT - no decent tackles = no run game and no pass protection and cant hold a lead

4. RB - no healthy running back = no run game and no pass protection and cant hold a lead

I hope u get my point...fix the OL and find a running back that can stay healthy and see what happens with this team...

That being said...Draft order

1. OL

2. OL

3. OL

4. OL

5. RB

6. OL

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: