Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Osi Umenyiora expresses desire to play for falcons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Osi Umenyiora expresses desire to play for falcons Reply with quote

Quote:
The Atlanta Falcons reportedly are making a strong push to bring free-agent defensive end Osi Umenyiora into the fold before the end of the weekend.

General manager Thomas Dimitroff shouldn't have to do much convincing. Umenyiora made it clear in a Friday radio interview on WZGC-FM in Atlanta that his preference is to join the Falcons.

Free-agent tracker
NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...
"There was nothing better than to be able to win (in New York)," Umenyiora said, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "The only thing I can think of that would be better than being able to win in New York would be to be able to win here in Atlanta. We'll see how that plays out. Hopefully, it works out in a positive direction."

Umenyiora resides in Atlanta during the offseason, and it certainly sounds like he was pandering to the hometown fans in the radio spot.

After making the short drive to Falcons headquarters Wednesday, Umenyiora described the visit as "very good." He believes the "sky is the limit" for the team in 2013. "From afar, I've never seen a team that has this much talent," added Umenyiora.

The Falcons need a proven pass rusher after losing John Abraham. This almost makes too much sense not to happen at this point. The holdup might be super agent Tom Condon, who appears to be concentrating on finding former Denver Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil a home before moving on to Umenyiora and ex-Indianapolis Colts linebacker Dwight Freeney.

@aboxofcookiesz

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153137/article/umenyiora-winning-in-atlanta-would-beat-winning-in-new-york?campaign=Twitter_atl

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him up and make it a team friendly contract like Steven Jackson.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nice and all that but if the guy doesn't take a reasonable contract then he needs to just take a hike. Part of me thinks he might be demanding to much due to the fact that he isn't already signed

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've had time to think about it, Im pleased about getting Osi

Abe only showed up against poor O-lines, injured or not. He's just about done. Osi, while not as high character of a player imo still has some prime left in the tank and seems to have respect and desire to play for the falcons. I still say we draft a DE on day one but this is a great vet addition

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Now that I've had time to think about it, Im pleased about getting Osi

Abe only showed up against poor O-lines, injured or not. He's just about done. Osi, while not as high character of a player imo still has some prime left in the tank and seems to have respect and desire to play for the falcons. I still say we draft a DE on day one but this is a great vet addition

You know ive never noticed that. Maybe im just stuck on the fact of losing a long term falcon.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: