Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can we still win in Free Agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Can we still win in Free Agency Reply with quote

I know everyone coming down cause we havent made moves but if we sign Alan Branch (DT), Sebastian Vollmer (OT), and Brent Grimes (CB). Could we redeem ourselves.
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stayed away from the big contracts. That already makes us winners
corry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Can we still win in Free Agency Reply with quote

greg007 wrote:
I know everyone coming down cause we havent made moves but if we sign Alan Branch (DT), Sebastian Vollmer (OT), and Brent Grimes (CB). Could we redeem ourselves.

O Greg, I've missed your threads. Where have you been. Laughing

iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your idea of "winning" Free Agency is throwing money around to a bunch of players, then no, we won't be winning Free Agency in any of the next few years to come. Teams that win Free Agency rarely win when the season rolls around. Probably because the teams that have to spend big in Free Agency are the teams who can't build a competent team through the draft, so they always have more holes than they can fill with big contracts.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like either way we wont be able to amount to much this year, so why spend a crazy amount of money, although I would like Vollmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Corry, lol.. have been training for this Bodybuilding show. I'm 6'0 249 now. Body Fat is 8% have to shed 20lbs man. its been hard. But yeah man I miss the crazy threads as well.lol.. But back to my point. I think the more I look at the draft the more it's loaded with DT's, DE's,OT's. Thats why were not gonna sign any.
greg007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Vollmer Reply with quote

Yes. He's an upgrade and make the line better. I can't really come down on Blaine or Henne not making excuse for them. They had a bad RT all season and no MJD. Say what you want every team is built differently. Give either QB a RT like Vollomer and a healthy MJD with young WR's our offense will be better.
greg007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddy T this year big contracts are not being given out. 90% of the deals is a one to two year deal at an average of 3-5 million a year. i disagree with you. In years past yes this year no.
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg007 wrote:
Freddy T this year big contracts are not being given out. 90% of the deals is a one to two year deal at an average of 3-5 million a year. i disagree with you. In years past yes this year no.

While you raise a good point about low contracts, it is entirely possible that having an extra team interested in a player could jack up the price.

Vollmer will garner about 5-6 mill a year for a couple of years at age 28 and I'm not sure Andre smith fits our offensive plan moving forward.

Grimes just doesn't fit the Gus bradley mold of corners.

I can't tell you why not consider Alan branch. It is possible Gus wasn't a big fan of his.

I'd rather us continue to get younger
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
greg007 wrote:

While you raise a good point about low contracts, it is entirely possible that having an extra team interested in a player could jack up the price.

Vollmer will garner about 5-6 mill a year for a couple of years at age 28 and I'm not sure Andre smith fits our offensive plan moving forward.

Grimes just doesn't fit the Gus bradley mold of corners.

I can't tell you why not consider Alan branch. It is possible Gus wasn't a big fan of his.

I'd rather us continue to get younger

Also, isnt Roy Miller basically everything Alan Branch is? A NT with no real pass-rush threat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pont freddy, i think that we will look like the Colts last year then build after that. I'm like any other passionate fan that want to see my team grab name players that will upgrade our team right now.
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg007 wrote:
Great pont freddy, i think that we will look like the Colts last year then build after that. I'm like any other passionate fan that want to see my team grab name players that will upgrade our team right now.

Gotta stay the course my man. Just like in your weight lifting plan, the hard way is the right way.

Build through the draft
greg007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the training is because I played D-1 Football at a high level. It's the dieting thats hard. Thanks everyone for the continue support.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all know we need a RT and it would benefit the QB greatly to do so, but will we shell out the cash for a RT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: