Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots to place QB Ryan Mallett on trade block
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron_man wrote:
Quote "53 TDs to 57 INTs with a 57.8 completion %. Over a 41 game sample, that's pretty dreadful."

Well if you don't include his best season, yeah it's pretty dreadful.

His one best season which was 3 seasons ago and he's shown no ability to reproduce?

3 below average seasons and one great one, that's not what I'd call a solid career.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
Whoa, all this disrespect that Freeman is getting

Disrespect? Or pointing out the obvious - that right now he's not a good QB?

Matt Cassel had good years in 2008 and 2010 and I think the general consensus is that he's a bad starting QB. How is Freeman any different?
jofos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Naq wrote:
Whoa, all this disrespect that Freeman is getting

Disrespect? Or pointing out the obvious - that right now he's not a good QB?

Matt Cassel had good years in 2008 and 2010 and I think the general consensus is that he's a bad starting QB. How is Freeman any different?

Also don't forget that Freeman played 4 games a year againts the Saints and Panthers and they both are pretty bad on defense.
cochise

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an article on NFL.com by Bucky Brooks where he did a redo of the 2011 Draft. Three things jumped out at me:

1. What a great draft. Cam Newton, Von Miller, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareus, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith. JJ Watt, Nate Solder. And Collin Kaepernick in the 2nd and Richard Sherman in the 5th.

2. Actually had Nate Solder moving up 3 spots to 14th.

3. He had Minnesota taking Ryan Mallett at 12 instead of Christian Ponder.

Does anyone in the NFL agree with him? If so, the Pats should be able to get a 2nd round pick easy. Timing. Does he have to display his elite skills in the preseason to prove this value. At that point the Pats would look to trade him next offseason. The only question is, "Will only 1 year remaining on his contract bring his value down?"
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochise wrote:
I saw an article on NFL.com by Bucky Brooks where he did a redo of the 2011 Draft. Three things jumped out at me:

1. What a great draft. Cam Newton, Von Miller, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareus, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith. JJ Watt, Nate Solder. And Collin Kaepernick in the 2nd and Richard Sherman in the 5th.

Does anyone in the NFL agree with him? If so, the Pats should be able to get a 2nd round pick easy. Timing. Does he have to display his elite skills in the preseason to prove this value. At that point the Pats would look to trade him next offseason. The only question is, "Will only 1 year remaining on his contract bring his value down?"

The fact that two of my favorite pass rush prospects ever (that I hyped to no end in J.J. Watt and Aldon Smith) were in the same draft and relegated Von Miller to the third most coveted pass rusher in that class is something I doubt I'll see again.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
cochise wrote:

The fact that two of my favorite pass rush prospects ever (that I hyped to no end in J.J. Watt and Aldon Smith) were in the same draft and relegated Von Miller to the third most coveted pass rusher in that class is something I doubt I'll see again.

Of all the years the Raiders had to choose that one to not suck Crying or Very sad

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:
cochise wrote:

Of all the years the Raiders had to choose that one to not suck Crying or Very sad

I remember in that off season everyone banking on the Pats getting a Top 10 pick.

Imagine though, we could have had Aldon Smith, would we still be running a 2-4 if that were the case?!

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:
cochise wrote:

I remember in that off season everyone banking on the Pats getting a Top 10 pick.

Imagine though, we could have had Aldon Smith, would we still be running a 2-4 if that were the case?!

If we'd had an earlier pick I would have wanted Watt. Watt-Wilfork would be a killer combo.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 8 Yards: 72 TDs: 1
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:
cochise wrote:

If we'd had an earlier pick I would have wanted Watt. Watt-Wilfork would be a killer combo.

Then we could have traded up from 28 to 23 to snag Cameron Jordan. Traded back from 33 to grab Vereen, Ridley, Justin Houston (instead of Mallett)

- - - - - - - Jordan - Wilfork - Watt
Ninkovich - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Houston
- - - - - - - - Spikes - - - - -Mayo

DAT FRONT 7

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:
cochise wrote:

Then we could have traded up from 28 to 23 to snag Cameron Jordan. Traded back from 33 to grab Vereen, Ridley, Justin Houston (instead of Mallett)

DAT FRONT 7

Why would they take Jordan? They could just take Wilkerson at 28. Why bother with Vereen? Take Torrey Smith. Why Ridley? Take Richard Sherman.

Even if you're going by Bucky Brooks's draft, there are far better combos than Jordan, Vereen, Ridley, Houston if we're going with perfect hindsight.
_Oypus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, hold it. Does anyone here honestly expect Mallett to be traded for anything significant? Where does this impression come from?

The only argument I see as of now is if a team figured he's more valuable than any QB they could take with say, a 1st or 2nd round pick, so it makes sense to give up one in order to get him. But after some QB shuffling, which teams does that apply to? Bills, Browns, Cardinals? All of those teams seem to have acquired a QB better than Mallett, so why would they make a trade now?
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:
cochise wrote:

DAT FRONT 7

Why would they take Jordan? They could just take Wilkerson at 28. Why bother with Vereen? Take Torrey Smith. Why Ridley? Take Richard Sherman.

Even if you're going by Bucky Brooks's draft, there are far better combos than Jordan, Vereen, Ridley, Houston if we're going with perfect hindsight.

OMG. Call the overreaction police!

If you recall (which I'm sure you will because you remember EVERYTHING. I'm sure you have a filing cabinet with all our details and post history in your office.) I was clamoring for Cameron Jordan and Justin Houston before the draft and I was merely merging my own 'picks' and the selection of Watt by ChazStandard. I was trying to keep the draft as close to reality as possible.

In the scenario where the Raiders sucked and we got a Top 10 pick, Chaz wanted Watt instead of Solder, I wanted Jordan and Houston (whom we could have had instead of Dowling and Mallett) and still maintained the rest of the draft which occurred IRL.

Should all those scenarios occurred. We'd have quite the Front 7. That is all I was suggesting. Stop being such a GRUMP.

Jeeeeeeeez.

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
rabbisson wrote:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/04/qb_ryan_mallett.html

Quote:
Multiple teams have called the Patriots this week about a potential trade for backup quarterback Ryan Mallett, according to three league sources.

Whether the Patriots will trade the 2011 third-round pick is the question. But all three sources said the odds are slightly stronger that Mallett is dealt than kept by the Patriots.

The Patriots have been heavily scouting quarterbacks in the leadup to the draft, and could very well select one during the draft.

Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/327456807259869185

Quote:
Browns don't have a 2nd-round pick, but their 68th pick in the third round is higher than where the Pats selected him (74). 3rd plus pick?

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/327461162033770497
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/327456807259869185

FWIW, Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network saying he's heard the Browns are happy with Weeden and he doesn't think Mallett is going to end up in Cleveland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: