Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rehab Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Rehab Thread Reply with quote

Since we have multiple players rehabbing, I thought maybe there should be a thread for updates,

If this belongs somewhere else or is already done, please let me know, but I can't even cover everyone in one post lol

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Shanahan-Griffin-III-Stronger-Than-Expected/9f102157-d16c-4a4e-9bcc-53b23f757555

Griffin coming along nicely and looking strong,

Quote:
"Fred Davis, same thing. He is working extremely hard, doing everything we were hoping that he would be able to do at this time," Shanahan said. "He is not ready yet, but he will be ready for this season.

Other good news is Rak and Keenan practicing together in Texas--I like that aLOT
Quote:
"Keenan is making some strides as well. He should be back ready to go with no setbacks."

Can't count on Minnifield in 2013:
Quote:
Redskins CB Chase Minnifield is now experiencing problems with his left knee after tearing his right ACL in last year's minicamp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7526/chase-minnifield
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rehab Thread Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Since we have multiple players rehabbing, I thought maybe there should be a thread for updates,

If this belongs somewhere else or is already done, please let me know, but I can't even cover everyone in one post lol

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Shanahan-Griffin-III-Stronger-Than-Expected/9f102157-d16c-4a4e-9bcc-53b23f757555

Griffin coming along nicely and looking strong,

Quote:
"Fred Davis, same thing. He is working extremely hard, doing everything we were hoping that he would be able to do at this time," Shanahan said. "He is not ready yet, but he will be ready for this season.

Other good news is Rak and Keenan practicing together in Texas--I like that aLOT
Quote:
"Keenan is making some strides as well. He should be back ready to go with no setbacks."

Can't count on Minnifield in 2013:
Quote:
Redskins CB Chase Minnifield is now experiencing problems with his left knee after tearing his right ACL in last year's minicamp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7526/chase-minnifield

The bolded underlined is a good sign that he will be resigned.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a surprise that Minifield is struggling with his left knee right now. I've heard the same about RG3.

Great news about Rak and Keenan. Thanks for the updates Dcred

That's great news about Fred. I hope we can make a few more cost saving moves and sign Fred.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant link the quote because Im at work but its on Rotoworld....

It says Helu is having complications and is only jogging. It is a lil concernig that its almost April and he still cant run!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I cant link the quote because Im at work but its on Rotoworld....

It says Helu is having complications and is only jogging. It is a lil concernig that its almost April and he still cant run!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6593/roy-helu

Quote:
Redskins RB Roy Helu (injured reserve) is still having problems with his turf toe injury.

Helu's condition has improved, but it's a concern that he's still having pain. Although he's been jogging, he still can't sprint. Helu does expect to be ready for OTAs, though it sounds like skepticism is advised. Following Alfred Morris' emergence as a bell cow, Helu's future is as a change-of-pace back. Jan 7 - 9:35 AM

Source: Washington Examiner

I'm not too concerned marcus. The update was from 3 months ago, right after the season. I haven't heard any updates sense, but Incan only guess he's doing muh better in March than he was in January. We still have 5 months till Training camp starts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading a story about how well Fred Davis is doing just 4 months, now almost 5 after he tore his achillies.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145464/article/fred-davis-medically-cleared-for-workouts-report-says

The report is that he's been medically cleared for workouts.

Quote:
Just four months later, Davis has been given clearance to resume running and other related rehabilitation activities, according to ProFootballTalk.com

Dr. Robert Anderson, who performed surgery on Davis' tendon, reportedly has concluded the 27-year-old player is healing well and that he should be ready to take part in offseason workouts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/fred-davis-gets-medical-clearance/

DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I was just reading a story about how well Fred Davis is doing just 4 months, now almost 5 after he tore his achillies.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145464/article/fred-davis-medically-cleared-for-workouts-report-says

The report is that he's been medically cleared for workouts.

Quote:
Just four months later, Davis has been given clearance to resume running and other related rehabilitation activities, according to ProFootballTalk.com

Dr. Robert Anderson, who performed surgery on Davis' tendon, reportedly has concluded the 27-year-old player is healing well and that he should be ready to take part in offseason workouts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/fred-davis-gets-medical-clearance/

That is awesome news... Not sure how we afford him, but sounds great that he is coming back so fast. Confirms what Shanahan was saying
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fansided.com/2013/03/23/robert-griffin-iii-marcus-lattimore-acl-tear-recoveries-are-super-human/

Rg3 and Marcus Latimore's ACL tear recoveries are superhuman!

Quote:
Griffin and Lattimore could become the latest athletes to shock the sports world with their speedy recoveries. At least that is what the man who performed their surgeries, Dr. James Andrews, has told ESPN.

Per ESPN’s Stephania Bell:
Dr. Andrews also described RGIII and Lattimore as “superhuman,” in their ability and motivation to recover. Compared to Bo Jackson and AP.
— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) March 22, 2013

It is encouraging to hear that RG3 and Latimore are doing well in their rehab but neither should be rushed back and play before they are 100 percent. if neither are patient enough to get to 100% it could be even more devastating for the franchise long term.

The people around both of them have to protect them and make sure they are truly ready to go before they play in games.

Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So RGIII is superhuman? Tell me something I didn't already know.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
So RGIII is superhuman? Tell me something I didn't already know.
marcus Latimore is also. Wink

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1667614-5-undrafted-washington-redskins-players-who-could-prove-to-be-gems/page/5

Seems like Chase Minifield Is making good strides on his way back from his torn acl

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1667614-5-undrafted-washington-redskins-players-who-could-prove-to-be-gems/page/5

Seems like Chase Minifield Is making good strides on his way back from his torn on though

I had heard he was still sidelined recently, so any news of him getting on the field would be Great news. Still very skeptical about (ever?) relying on him for anything more than spot-duty or nickel role given his awful luck with injuries...

I'd like to see us draft another CB next year regardless of what happens with Amerson, Wilson, Hall, Crawford.
There are still some serious ?Question marks? with that group...
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Seems like Chase Minifield Is making good strides on his way back from his torn acl

I had heard he was still sidelined recently, so any news of him getting on the field would be Great news. Still very skeptical about (ever?) relying on him for anything more than spot-duty or nickel role given his awful luck with injuries...

I'd like to see us draft another CB next year regardless of what happens with Amerson, Wilson, Hall, Crawford.

Quote:
Minnifield has just returned to practice with the team, although Shanahan is understandably keen to take his progression slowly. When speaking to Zac Boyer at the Free Lance-Star, the Redskins coach outlined his plans for ensuring Minnifield remains healthy going into the new season:

Anytime a guy comes off a knee injury, we like him to practice when he’s OK, but we don’t want to overdo it, especially when you’ve got a month and a half of recovery time. So, he’s going to practice next week on Tuesday and we’ll probably give him Wednesday off as well.
I think we'll sign someone in free agency. I think Hall's a gonner after this year and possibly Wilson also.

I'm not against drafting another cb but I think we need to give these young guys a fair chance first. The same reasons I didn't think we'd draft a WR this year are the same reasons why I don't think we'll draft a cb next year. After you draft a player high in the draft or you have a few young guys developing at a position you need to give them a few years to develop and prove themselves before you go replacing them with another high draft pick.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Safety Brandon Meriweather is expected to be ready to practice when the Washington Redskins open training camp next month in Richmond, Coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday.

“According to the doctors, he’s ready to go in July,” Shanahan said following Tuesday’s minicamp practice at Redskins Park. “They don’t think there’s any question about it. He’ll be full speed, ready to go. Hopefully there is no setback. But right now the doctors have told me that they believe that he’ll be ready to go once we go to Richmond.”
This is great news

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/11/meriweather-will-be-ready-at-the-outset-of-training-camp-shanahan-says/

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
Minnifield has just returned to practice with the team, although Shanahan is understandably keen to take his progression slowly. When speaking to Zac Boyer at the Free Lance-Star, the Redskins coach outlined his plans for ensuring Minnifield remains healthy going into the new season:

Anytime a guy comes off a knee injury, we like him to practice when he’s OK, but we don’t want to overdo it, especially when you’ve got a month and a half of recovery time. So, he’s going to practice next week on Tuesday and we’ll probably give him Wednesday off as well.
I think we'll sign someone in free agency. I think Hall's a gonner after this year and possibly Wilson also.

I'm not against drafting another cb but I think we need to give these young guys a fair chance first. The same reasons I didn't think we'd draft a WR this year are the same reasons why I don't think we'll draft a cb next year. After you draft a player high in the draft or you have a few young guys developing at a position you need to give them a few years to develop and prove themselves before you go replacing them with another high draft pick.

Well what you alluded to with Hall and Wilson gone is exactly why I would expect us to draft another CB.
You really think Crawford and Minnifield are going to keep us from drafting another CB, even if it's just another to develop???

I don't, and I expect we will draft another next year. Even if one of those guys steps up, we will still be looking thin at CB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: