Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47560
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Albert, much like Percy Harvin, just seems like the kind of person you dont want on your team. Having that voice that is above management, its concerning.

Id trade Albert, it almost seems a necessity. If youre andy reid, whats the point of hanging onto a player who has no positional flexibility or willingness to do whats best for the team.

If the Chiefs pay Albert what he wants, why does it matter if he plays LT or RT? Just doesnt make sense.


Exactly. Your position on the field is not something you personally claim a stake in. There is no such thing as "I earned it." Even if being moved is a blow to your ego, suck it up Buttercup...and do what is best for the team.


this is how Harvin was for MN. He only played roughly half the snaps to 3/4 of the snaps for the offense in 2011 because he was so limited in two WR sets. He didnt have a role when the Vikes went two WRs.

He whined and complained about not being a focal point in the offense, so the Vikes forced him on the field in two WR sets, despite him really not having the skills to be on the field. they used gimmicks to get him involved to keep him happy. He had tons of touches, but again, half being completely manufactured through bubble screens.

Point being, no player should be able to tell coaches what there role has to be on the team. Same situation applies to KC, move on from Albert. He may have earned the LT spot through his play, no doubt, he is a good player. But he doesnt deserve it outright, especially with a regime change.

Lesson learned, trade troubled players while you can still get value.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
skrILL wrote:
The Chiefs are trying to be a bit too cute IMO. Like someone else said they're making this OL situation way more complicated than it has to be.


Albert has also made it hard for them. After Winston was released he posted some things on twitter about refusing to move to RT and then deleted his twitter.


It was poor communication on the part of the Chiefs management. They should have simply asked what Albert thought about it. He would have expressed his disapproval and the chiefs could have kept Winston.


That's insane. Albert could be the first ever LT/GM...


You aren't asking Albert for advice...you are discussing your team's plans with him to give yourself the best chance of keeping the right guys. You simply sit down with Albert and ask him if he would be ok with playing RT to help the team. If he says "sure"...then you ditch Winston and keep Albert. If he doesn't say yes...then you have the choice of ditching Albert and keeping Winston, or tagging Albert. Either way...it doesn't hurt you. It helps you. The Chiefs ASSUMED that Albert would be ok with the move...and they were wrong. Now they are going to be without Winston...and will be with a disgruntled player. Stupid in my book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47560
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt Eric Winston only fit in a ZBS.

Andy Reid has always preferred massive Lineman who are better in man blocking schemes.

Winston was a poor fit and I think his situation has no relevance to Alberts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Archimedes


Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 722
Location: KC, Mo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Albert, much like Percy Harvin, just seems like the kind of person you dont want on your team. Having that voice that is above management, its concerning.

Id trade Albert, it almost seems a necessity. If youre andy reid, whats the point of hanging onto a player who has no positional flexibility or willingness to do whats best for the team.

If the Chiefs pay Albert what he wants, why does it matter if he plays LT or RT? Just doesnt make sense.


Albert has been an incredibly good soldier in KC. Moving to RT would be a horrible long term financial move for him considering the level he's played at on the left the last couple years. He had always kept his mouth shut till this year, but if I were his agent I'd smack him upside the head if he even considered moving.

He's criminally underrated because he's played on so many bad teams. He's a complete stud in pass-blocking, and passing is the focal point in today's NFL. In all honesty, I'm going to be sad to see him go, especially partly because I don't trust Joeckel. When he gets to his next team, those fans are gonna love him.
_________________
Numbers rule the universe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11120
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people are comparing Albert to Harvin then People dont know what they're talking about plain and simple.Laughing
_________________
Andy Reid on Tommy Bahama Shirts wrote:
You wear them and you can hide cheeseburgers underneath and no one will ever know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22789
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
The problem with this logic is multifold:

1. There are no reports on "how much Kelly likes Geno". At all. Chip has not given any indication that he likes him more than any other prospect. The closest quote is him sayinf that "If Geno is the best guy on our board, we'll take him". Which could be said about any prospect.


What would you expect him to say? If he comes out and openly admits he's in love with Geno, it'll kill every bit of leverage the Eagles have in trade talks. That's just part of the poker game.

killdawabbit wrote:
2. The Eagles' need at QB is as yet undetermined. Even Kelly doesn't know for sure. They may very well need a QB, but they also have 5 on the roster. At this point they are more likely to add one as a later round pick. Frankly, even if they like Geno (possible, but unsubstantiated at this point), there is a far better chance they feel he will drop to 4 than them trading up.

If Geno is there at #3 for Oakland, I don't see him falling any further. The Jaguars are said to have a lot of interest in Geno, too. At this point, it seems unlikely he'll fall to #4.

killdawabbit wrote:
3. The whole Lurie attending a pro day argument is poor at best. The last time he attended a pro day was also the last time they had a top ten pick and the last time they had a brand new coaching staff. It's the media looking for some kind of connection, nothing more.


I'll give you this.


So the "reports on how much Kelly likes Geno" are simply your speculation, then...

Groovy but, once again, the Eagles "need" for a QB is largely undetermined at this point. Regardless of anyone else's opinion of them, the Eagles are also documented to really like some of the guys on the roster.

If the Eagles trading up is the "most likely scenario", then KC trading down is simply not very likely...at all.


Speculation? Yes. On my part? Not really. I've seen plenty of other people who have said the same thing, so it's not like I'm the only person who thinks it's a possibility. BTW, if you want to discredit my opinion by claiming it's just speculation, you're discrediting your own opinion in the processa. You believe the Eagles won't trade up for Geno and I think it's possible. Neither of us work for the Eagles' front office, so both of us are doing nothing but speculating. We're on an internet chat forum. That's what this forum is here for. Try getting off your high horse every once in a while. The view is nice from down here. Our crystal balls don't work as well, but the conversation amongst peers is much better. Everyone seems to be more credible, too. Wink
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 12049
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's worth a high second, but I didn't think Harvin was worth what we got for him.

I'm sure a late first is all they will get.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 12049
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
If people are comparing Albert to Harvin then People dont know what they're talking about plain and simple.Laughing


While I agree it's apples to oranges. I view Albert more of a OT/OG hybrid like I view Harvin slightly more as an RB than a WR. If anything garçons real position is ATH.

Obviously the chiefs do not see Albert as a true LT because they don't want to pay him LT money. That or Reid is going to use a ZBS
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
The problem with this logic is multifold:

1. There are no reports on "how much Kelly likes Geno". At all. Chip has not given any indication that he likes him more than any other prospect. The closest quote is him sayinf that "If Geno is the best guy on our board, we'll take him". Which could be said about any prospect.


What would you expect him to say? If he comes out and openly admits he's in love with Geno, it'll kill every bit of leverage the Eagles have in trade talks. That's just part of the poker game.

killdawabbit wrote:
2. The Eagles' need at QB is as yet undetermined. Even yKelly doesn't know for sure. They may very well need a QB, but they also have 5 on the roster. At this point they are more likely to add one as a later round pick. Frankly, even if they like Geno (possible, but unsubstantiated at this point), there is a far better chance they feel he will drop to 4 than them trading up.

If Geno is there at #3 for Oakland, I don't see him falling any further. The Jaguars are said to have a lot of interest in Geno, too. At this point, it seems unlikely he'll fall to #4.

killdawabbit wrote:
3. The whole Lurie attending a pro day argument is poor at best. The last time he attended a pro day was also the last time they had a top ten pick and the last time they had a brand new coaching staff. It's the media looking for some kind of connection, nothing more.


I'll give you this.


So the "reports on how much Kelly likes Geno" are simply your speculation, then...

Groovy but, once again, the Eagles "need" for a QB is largely undetermined at this point. Regardless of anyone else's opinion of them, the Eagles are also documented to really like some of the guys on the roster.

If the Eagles trading up is the "most likely scenario", then KC trading down is simply not very likely...at all.


Speculation? Yes. On my part? Not really. I've seen plenty of other people who have said the same thing, so it's not like I'm the only person who thinks it's a possibility. BTW, if you want to discredit my opinion by claiming it's just speculation, you're discrediting your own opinion in the processa. You believe the Eagles won't trade up for Geno and I think it's possible. Neither of us work for the Eagles' front office, so both of us are doing nothing but speculating. We're on an internet chat forum. That's what this forum is here for. Try getting off your high horse every once in a while. The view is nice from down here. Our crystal balls don't work as well, but the conversation amongst peers is much better. Everyone seems to be more credible, too. Wink


Someone has a pretty thin skin... You are the one that claimed there were "reports". Was some of the stuff I wrote speculation? Sure. But I never claimed there were "reports" about it either. The rest is logic based on studying the roster and reading quite a bit of the information that actually is available. The high horse is where you believe you are sitting, getting uptight like that for no reason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47560
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
If people are comparing Albert to Harvin then People dont know what they're talking about plain and simple.Laughing


Then you are oblivious to the situations that both players are/were in. Harvin thought highly of himself enough to be an every down player, Albert sees himself as a LT only.

At the end of the day, both players voiced concern over the role with the team and refused to comply with the coaching staff, similar situations, yes?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22789
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Someone has a pretty thin skin...


Cool story, bro. Just because I pointed out the fatal flaw in your reasoning doesn't mean you have to get defensive. No thin skin here. Just pointing out that you're coming off as a know-it-all when in all reality, you're just doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing (speculating).

killdawabbit wrote:
You are the one that claimed there were "reports".


Uhh...there are "reports". Chip Kelly has publicly shown interest in Geno. The Eagles have a need at QB. Chip Kelly's entire offense is run through the QB. Connect the dots. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon. Denial ain't just a river, ya know...

killdawabbit wrote:
Was some of the stuff I wrote speculation? Sure. But I never claimed there were "reports" about it either.


That's because there aren't any "reports" supporting your speculation. There are, however, "reports" supporting my speculation. In fact, there are a lot of other people who share my opinion on the matter, too. Don't act like I'm the only one who has this stance. I don't blame you for believing the poker face statements the Eagles' front office is feeding the media. Most fans tend to believe what they hear in press conferences. The fact of the matter is that you just simply can't take anything a team says this time of the year at face value. It's all about posturing, smoke screens and veiling your true intentions in an effort to be in the best position to improve your team. If a GM or HC comes out and says they're in love with a specific prospect, not only would they disappoint fans if they don't get the chance to actually draft said player, but it would also destroy any leverage they had in trade talks. It would also tip their hand to other teams who are also interested in that player, possibly resulting in that other team trading in front of the Eagles to draft him.

killdawabbit wrote:
The rest is logic based on studying the roster and reading quite a bit of the information that actually is available.


"Reading quite a bit into the information"? Hmm. Now you're reaching. Isn't that just a fancy way of saying "speculation"?

killdawabbit wrote:
The high horse is where you believe you are sitting, getting uptight like that for no reason.


Accusing me of getting uptight isn't going to prove your point. You're acting like you KNOW the Eagles won't trade up for Geno and as a result, decided to rip me for posting an obvious piece of speculation, based on reported interest from Chip Kelly. Well, considering that neither of us are on the Eagles' payroll or related to any of their staff, NEITHER of us actually KNOW. Well, guess what? You don't know anything about the Eagles' plans. Neither do I. I don't know anything about the Chiefs' plans. Neither do you. It's just that time of the year. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, man. 'Tis the season for mystery and fun. Let people speculate. It's just part of being a fan. It is what it is, so why not have fun with it?
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32459
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
The problem with this logic is multifold:

1. There are no reports on "how much Kelly likes Geno". At all. Chip has not given any indication that he likes him more than any other prospect. The closest quote is him sayinf that "If Geno is the best guy on our board, we'll take him". Which could be said about any prospect.


What would you expect him to say? If he comes out and openly admits he's in love with Geno, it'll kill every bit of leverage the Eagles have in trade talks. That's just part of the poker game.

killdawabbit wrote:
2. The Eagles' need at QB is as yet undetermined. Even Kelly doesn't know for sure. They may very well need a QB, but they also have 5 on the roster. At this point they are more likely to add one as a later round pick. Frankly, even if they like Geno (possible, but unsubstantiated at this point), there is a far better chance they feel he will drop to 4 than them trading up.

If Geno is there at #3 for Oakland, I don't see him falling any further. The Jaguars are said to have a lot of interest in Geno, too. At this point, it seems unlikely he'll fall to #4.

killdawabbit wrote:
3. The whole Lurie attending a pro day argument is poor at best. The last time he attended a pro day was also the last time they had a top ten pick and the last time they had a brand new coaching staff. It's the media looking for some kind of connection, nothing more.


I'll give you this.


So the "reports on how much Kelly likes Geno" are simply your speculation, then...

Groovy but, once again, the Eagles "need" for a QB is largely undetermined at this point. Regardless of anyone else's opinion of them, the Eagles are also documented to really like some of the guys on the roster.

If the Eagles trading up is the "most likely scenario", then KC trading down is simply not very likely...at all.


Speculation? Yes. On my part? Not really. I've seen plenty of other people who have said the same thing, so it's not like I'm the only person who thinks it's a possibility. BTW, if you want to discredit my opinion by claiming it's just speculation, you're discrediting your own opinion in the processa. You believe the Eagles won't trade up for Geno and I think it's possible. Neither of us work for the Eagles' front office, so both of us are doing nothing but speculating. We're on an internet chat forum. That's what this forum is here for. Try getting off your high horse every once in a while. The view is nice from down here. Our crystal balls don't work as well, but the conversation amongst peers is much better. Everyone seems to be more credible, too. Wink



Chip actually said he was excited about EJ Manuel, he has said a whole lot of nothing about Geno.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22789
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Chip actually said he was excited about EJ Manuel, he has said a whole lot of nothing about Geno.


Here's the real question, then; is that an indication that he's NOT interested or that he IS interested in Geno? One could argue either way and have valid reasoning.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11120
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
If people are comparing Albert to Harvin then People dont know what they're talking about plain and simple.Laughing


Then you are oblivious to the situations that both players are/were in. Harvin thought highly of himself enough to be an every down player, Albert sees himself as a LT only.

At the end of the day, both players voiced concern over the role with the team and refused to comply with the coaching staff, similar situations, yes?

As far as I can remember Albert has been a quiet hard worker for years now. Never an argument with coaches, in fact he hasn't even talked to the new coaching staff as far I know(don't even think its allowed in the CBA). He's earned a LT spot with years of great play at the position, starting solidly for years now.

Albert voiced concerns over twitter with fans telling him he'd have to switch over since they cut Winston and would draft a Tackle 1st overall. Its something he's continuously dealt with since he's been drafted, every year it seems like analysts are trying to move Albert back to guard or to the Right side so the Chiefs can draft a LT. When the need isn't there.

I'd be a little ticked off too lol. Especially if I'm a Great LT, and if switched over won't see that sorta pay day.

Basically I've always seen Harvin as a problem child, Albert has only really stood his ground this offseason. Mainly I think the FO is concerned about his back issues, they don't know how debilitating it may be, and aren't trying to give him a big contract. Now that he blew up on fans on Twitter they're trying get rid of him and retain value just like Winston(who also blew up on fans publicly)

Plus I think its the FO's master plan from jump street to draft a LT 1st overall, because that's BPA.
_________________
Andy Reid on Tommy Bahama Shirts wrote:
You wear them and you can hide cheeseburgers underneath and no one will ever know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 8586
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
If people are comparing Albert to Harvin then People dont know what they're talking about plain and simple.Laughing


Then you are oblivious to the situations that both players are/were in. Harvin thought highly of himself enough to be an every down player, Albert sees himself as a LT only.

At the end of the day, both players voiced concern over the role with the team and refused to comply with the coaching staff, similar situations, yes?


It isn't a matter of high opinion of himself, though, it is more a matter of how much work he put into changing positions. It took the greater part of 3 years, so I can understand him not wanting to trash all that work. It isn't a matter of him simply being stuck up and thinking he is too good for another role/position.

There is also a difference in that Harvin wasn't satisfied with his existing role. Albert doesn't want his role to be suddenly changed. Which is a difference. It is the difference between complaining to your boss that you don't have a better job (Harvin), and complaining about the fact that they're trying to give you a different job that you don't want, when you haven't done anything wrong at your current one.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 7 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group