Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Team Needs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRT2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Updated Team Needs? Reply with quote

Hey Fellas,

After Recent Free Agency, I was wondering if you could help me on an updated list of Team Needs, this is what I have so far:

HIGH Priorities: (Possible Reach)
Feature Wide Receiver (not a slot or a possession guy)
34 Defensive End
34 Outside Linebacker
Cornerback

MEDIUM Priorities: (Wont reach)
Right Tackle
Guard
Center
Left Tackle
Feature Running Back (able to carry the full load)
Inside Linebacker (Strong and Weak)
Safeties (Free and Strong)

LOW Priorities: (Draft for depth)
Nose Tackle
Quarterback
Change of pace Running Back
Possession Wide Receiver
Tight End

...Correct me on any mistakes please
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put G (RG/C) in the high priority and move both NT and DE to medium priority

And depending on age/ability of this WR being targeted by Irsay/Grigson it might move WR to medium priority

And I would re-arrange the medium priority to
NT (this also depends on the recovery/health of Chapman and McKinney)
DE
WR(?)
HB
S (either)
ILB
LT
LG
CapitalColts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pull "Featured Wide Reciever" off the list simply because there really isn't anyone who fits that bill in this class. Mayock described the WR class as "average" and he's right. There are a few guys who could become good #2 recievers (like Allen, Dobson, and Patton) but no one who really can become that #1 guy. The strength of this draft is long the defensive and offensive lines. THAT'S where the value is.
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think CB is a high priority.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Priorities:
- I would remove 3-4 DE and CB from this list. Those are two positions Grigson has addressed with significant investment in veterans in each of the last two off seasons.
- I would say only WR and OLB fit into high priorities. Two very important positions on the field where our big time contributors are aged.

Medium Priorities:
- You can move RT right off this list. Gosder was paid big bucks to play that spot for the next 5 years. The Link was re-signed as a swing back up.
- LT can be removed to. The investment in Gosder shows the teams faith in Castonzo who I think is very good.
- I'd remove Safety and ILB from this list too. Not only are those 2 of "not the most important" positions on the field, but we have starters filled in both of those spots.
- I'd put RB here, but for a big play type player, not the full time back ... I think thats Vick Ballard.
- What about FB? Pep has used a lead blocker at Stanford.
- I'd list medium priorities in order of importance: Guard, Center, NT, RB and 5T.

Low Priorities:
- This is where OT fits in. A good swing back-up tackle would be nice.
- Safety: A solid 3rd safety would be nice for depth and specials.
- Corner: Can never have too many.
- ILB: We seem to have 3 already. But this may not be the best system for Angerer.
- QB: You have to carry 2 right?

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeytonFan18 wrote:
High Priorities:
- I would remove 3-4 DE and CB from this list. Those are two positions Grigson has addressed with significant investment in veterans in each of the last two off seasons.
- I would say only WR and OLB fit into high priorities. Two very important positions on the field where our big time contributors are aged.

Medium Priorities:
- You can move RT right off this list. Gosder was paid big bucks to play that spot for the next 5 years. The Link was re-signed as a swing back up.
- LT can be removed to. The investment in Gosder shows the teams faith in Castonzo who I think is very good.
- I'd remove Safety and ILB from this list too. Not only are those 2 of "not the most important" positions on the field, but we have starters filled in both of those spots.
- I'd put RB here, but for a big play type player, not the full time back ... I think thats Vick Ballard.
- What about FB? Pep has used a lead blocker at Stanford.
- I'd list medium priorities in order of importance: Guard, Center, NT, RB and 5T.

Low Priorities:
- This is where OT fits in. A good swing back-up tackle would be nice.
- Safety: A solid 3rd safety would be nice for depth and specials.
- Corner: Can never have too many.
- ILB: We seem to have 3 already. But this may not be the best system for Angerer.
- QB: You have to carry 2 right?

Good post and I agree, except the QB post, now with Hasselbeck we have 3 ...I believe Chandler Harnish is on the roster!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure that I would list any position in the high priority list. I dont believe we have a position that is a must fill in round 1.

We still need a WR to start opposite Wayne (depending if Irsays rants come true). After that everything pretty much is upgrades. After all the off season moves I would not be shocked to see RG select the BPA.

I would like to see an upgrade at NT brought in and a pass rushing OLB. Or even an speed back to pair with Ballard.

Here is my list:

HIGH

None

MEDIUM

WR
NT
OLB
RB
OG
OC

LOW

ILB
CB
SS
FS
DE
OT
TE
QB

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NT is not even low priority anymore, Also I think the WR thing the other night was a smoke screen.

RG/C
OLB
WR

DE
CB
HB
S

ILB
C
OT
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
NT is not even low priority anymore, Also I think the WR thing the other night was a smoke screen.

WR
OLB
RG/C

DE
CB
HB
S

ILB
C
OT

I think WR is the biggest priority right now!! Crazy how many FA we brought in!! Love it!! Cant wait to see what we add in the draft, and still here in Free Agency!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:

RG/C
OLB
WR

DE
CB
HB
S

ILB
C
OT

Thats interesting, except its predicated on the idea that Grigson convinced Irsay to tweet something ... when my experience suggests not even Irsay knows what's being tweeted most of the time.

I also agree with ColtsFan40. Not sure any position is a "high priority". Could go a number of different directions in round 1.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High
RG
LOLB
WR (future #1)

Medium
CB
FB

Low
RB
C
DE

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeytonFan18 wrote:
stallyns wrote:

RG/C
OLB
WR

DE
CB
HB
S

ILB
C
OT

Thats interesting, except its predicated on the idea that Grigson convinced Irsay to tweet something ... when my experience suggests not even Irsay knows what's being tweeted most of the time.

I also agree with ColtsFan40. Not sure any position is a "high priority". Could go a number of different directions in round 1.
not necessarily, Irsay had said in the past that he has final say on all personnel matters but rarely used that with Polian. Likely he isn't going to use it much with the exception of Manning's release and drafting Luck
FirsTime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Priorities
-WR This is my number 1 Priority (unfortunately Wayne is starting to get older and we need a good #2/3)
-OLB

Medium Priorities
-OG/C
-FB (Depending on how much one is incorporated with new system)
-NT

Low Priorities (solid backups needed)

-S
-DE
-ILB (Angerer can suffice for another season or two)
-OT
-CB (Just in Case)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: