Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
If Im not mistsken Tannehills 40 time was like a Tenth slower.
Thing is he doesnt come ftom an "option off", Im OK with that given he throws a more catchable/touch ball & hr played WR.

I wouldnt trade QBs given our HC & Off syst.

Sug

I wouldn't either....I think both work well in the systems they are in. The biggest thing is seeing him with some guys who can score and make big plays....look at what Crabtree, Boldin, and smith do for their QB's and what Pitta and Davis do to create mismatches in the seem and end-zone.

I really like Hartline, but this team went into last season with Hartline, Bess and Fasano as their main receiving core....Hartline, Bess and freaking Fasano....all are good guys and good football players, but not one even remotely needs to be game planned for....not a one scares a defense.

Couple that with mediocre line play and a average running game and it is surprising that Tannehill was successful as he was.

I know you and I go back and forth on the OT position, but if Long goes I will be pissed if we pass on Eric Fisher if is he is there at 12 or not getting someone with the 1st two picks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:
If Im not mistsken Tannehills 40 time was like a Tenth slower.
Thing is he doesnt come ftom an "option off", Im OK with that given he throws a more catchable/touch ball & hr played WR.

I wouldnt trade QBs given our HC & Off syst.

Sug

I wouldn't either....I think both work well in the systems they are in. The biggest thing is seeing him with some guys who can score and make big plays....look at what Crabtree, Boldin, and smith do for their QB's and what Pitta and Davis do to create mismatches in the seem and end-zone.

I really like Hartline, but this team went into last season with Hartline, Bess and Fasano as their main receiving core....Hartline, Bess and freaking Fasano....all are good guys and good football players, but not one even remotely needs to be game planned for....not a one scares a defense.

Couple that with mediocre line play and a average running game and it is surprising that Tannehill was successful as he was.

I know you and I go back and forth on the OT position, but if Long goes I will be pissed if we pass on Eric Fisher if is he is there at 12 or not getting someone with the 1st two picks.

Yeah any comparison by Tannehill & Kappernick has to start by putting things in proper perspective.

1). I've been saying the past 2 yrs that S.F. has the best Oline in the NFL
Clearly that's hard to dispute.

2). Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree & Vernon Davis - nough said.

I prefer having Tannehill in Miamis Off than Kapp & I love the fact he ran the West Coast Off, in College with the "No Huddle".
Way more sophisticated QB play & "Read Deff" capable.

Kapp struggled loosing valuable time huddling & then trying to make verbal changes.

just my observation
sug
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap is good, but would not look that good on Miami, he has a ton of help in the Line, WR and RB. Tanney had that line, Frank Gore and 2 of his WR's and he could won a Super Bowl, IMO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Tannehill-Excited-About-New-Look-On-Offense/da537589-1c46-4edf-877b-0f319941a711

It has been a while since we discussed Tannehill so I thought I would bump this with an article....

Joe Philbin
Quote:
Hes been in the facility a lot already working. Hes working at his trade. The guys a worker. So, yeah, were excited about the future for growth with him as well.

Good to here the guy is putting in work...with all these weapons he's going to need to take a big step forward.

Quote:
Hes been watching tape from the 2012 season and also has been throwing passes to several of his teammates who have been in South Florida, such as Rishard Matthews, Michael Egnew, Jeff Fuller and Armon Binns.

Granted several of these guy will not be with the team next season (though I hope Rishard Matthews is), but he is throwing and working with who he has.....I'm also glad to see Egnew doing what he can to make the team next season.

Tannehill
Quote:
Im excited, Tannehill said. I think that I can make a big jump this year, but youve got to put in the work and the time to do it. Im excited to get on the same page with our new guys, start to build that chemistry and hopefully we can do something special this year.

He seems like he gets it... Work hard to get better....hopefully Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Keller, and Gibson get to South Florida to put in that work too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Tannehill-Excited-About-New-Look-On-Offense/da537589-1c46-4edf-877b-0f319941a711

It has been a while since we discussed Tannehill so I thought I would bump this with an article....

Joe Philbin
Quote:
Hes been in the facility a lot already working. Hes working at his trade. The guys a worker. So, yeah, were excited about the future for growth with him as well.

Good to here the guy is putting in work...with all these weapons he's going to need to take a big step forward.

Quote:
Hes been watching tape from the 2012 season and also has been throwing passes to several of his teammates who have been in South Florida, such as Rishard Matthews, Michael Egnew, Jeff Fuller and Armon Binns.

Granted several of these guy will not be with the team next season (though I hope Rishard Matthews is), but he is throwing and working with who he has.....I'm also glad to see Egnew doing what he can to make the team next season.

Tannehill
Quote:
Im excited, Tannehill said. I think that I can make a big jump this year, but youve got to put in the work and the time to do it. Im excited to get on the same page with our new guys, start to build that chemistry and hopefully we can do something special this year.

He seems like he gets it... Work hard to get better....hopefully Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Keller, and Gibson get to South Florida to put in that work too.

I think he has a lot more talent to work with and I do think he explodes in our pass happy offense. He finally has a number 3 AND 4 receiver. That's huge when half of our passing playbook is 3 and 4 receiver sets. Heck, our base set is a three receiver set.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think he does better if they let him run around a little more this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

Man I was screaming the first 3 gms cause we werent utilizing that staple designed roll out thats so
prevalent in WC off.
But once they did we really got a chance to see Tanney's arm strength & accuracy on the run.

I said to my buddy Neidermeyer (watching the GM at my place) that the throw he made to Fasano on the run convinced me that Tanney will go down as the next best QB post #13.

sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Required reading

http://www.phinfever.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=940
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Man I was screaming the first 3 gms cause we werent utilizing that staple designed roll out thats so
prevalent in WC off.
But once they did we really got a chance to see Tanney's arm strength & accuracy on the run.

I said to my buddy Neidermeyer (watching the GM at my place) that the throw he made to Fasano on the run convinced me that Tanney will go down as the next best QB post #13.

sug

the one he made to reggie in the corner of the end zone got me excited
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Tannehill is pissing of Patriot fans....

Quote:
@Get_Em_Jeezy: Tom Brady n his wideouts have already started working!!

Been having throwing session w my wideouts for weeks now

And apparently that meant he was being disrespectful abd felt a need to explain himself in another tweet.

Is Brady's ego that fragile?

By the way....found out that Tannehill doesn't have a facebook.....that is a huge win...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Quote:

And apparently that meant he was being disrespectful abd felt a need to explain himself in another tweet.

By the way....found out that Tannehill doesn't have a facebook.....that is a huge win...

If there's one person I want to punch in the face it's Tom Brady. Even more so that I live in Patriots country.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, non story IMO. I don't see anything wrong here. I dont know who if anyone truly responded to Tannehill, but if someone did, they seriously need to chill out.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our FO is pretty stringent about Twitter / social media wouldn't be surprised if they asked Tannehill to clarify that tweet.

Not that he should have to but athletes have to play politician to the media.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Quote:

I like him better already!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots fans just getting scared at what Miami's building. Its out time now! Cool

Jarvis "Juice" Landry
2014 Stats: 0 REC 0YDS 0TDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: