Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free-Agency Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bergw60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Post Free-Agency Mock Reply with quote

Hey guys, this is my first post but I've been reading up on this forum for a couple years now. So, i figured I should start to contribute something to the forum. Im home on spring break and bored outta my mind, so here's my mock that I've been working on so far today.

FA: (Already signed FA's in bold)
David Garrard, QB
Mike Goodson, RB
Antwaan Barnes, OLB
Antonio Garay, DT
Willie Colon, G

Dawan Landry, S
Matt Slauson, G

*I believe that the Revis to Tampa Bay Trade will get done before the draft. In this mock, I have the Jets getting the Bucs 2013 1st rounder, and a conditional pick in the 2014 draft (as low as a 4, high as a 2).*

Round 1(9): Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU

- Mingo has the athleticism to be a beast in the 3-4 (assuming we stay with it). His production wasnt that of a Jarvis Jones, mainly because the LSU defensive scheme did not have him pinning his ears back and rushing the QB as much as he would with us. Rex finally gets his OLB this year, even though his time in NY may be running out.

Round 1(13): Cordarrelle Patterson, WRm Tennessee

- Patterson is a playmaker. He's very slippery in the open field and will add much needed athleticism to our depleted roster. Patterson does use his body too much to catch the ball, but I believe he can improve on that in the NFL. He can return kicks and punts as well. A trio of Patterson, Hill, and Kerley in the future could be dangerous (granted we get someone who can get the ball to them sometime in the fututre as well).

Round 2(9): Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama

- I love Jones with this pick. He can play anywhere on the OL and did it for the best team in the nation. I have him playing guard for us, and I think he can make an impact right away and help add depth to the OL. T think this pick is pretty much going to be the BPA at the guard position.

Round 3(9): Matt Elam, S, FLorida

- I really liked this guy at Florida. From what I've seen he is pretty aggresive and a good open field tackler. We really need a safety with Bell and Landry gone, and I think Elam would be a great pick and would probably see time right away. Not sure if he will be available, but hey I can wish.

Round 4(9): Jordan Reed, TE, Florida

- With Keller in Miami, we really need another TE. Cumberland is OK, but Im not a huge fan and IMO isnt a great fit in the WCO. Reed is in my opinion similar to Keller in many ways. He ran a 4.7 (Keller ran 4.53) so hes not as fast but he can catch the ball and block decently. I think he could be a good fit in the WCO.

Round 5(9): Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union

- Seen some love for him on this forum in the past, and you can never have too many weapons in the NFL today. Don't think he would see much time this year, but when Holmes is gone he could step into a bigger role.

Round 6(9): Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE, Florida State

- I know I have us taking Mingo and with the signing of Barnes, we have our 2 OLBs. However, Jenkins is much more that a late round talent and is down here due to an injury. Let him develop behind Barnes, and see what he can be in a couple years.

Round 7(9): Cooper Taylor, CB, Richmond

-Helps add depth to the position.

Depth Chart
QB: Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Greg McElroy
HB: Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
FB: Lex Hilliard
WR:: Santonio Holmes, Cordarelle Patterson, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Jasper Collins
TE: Jeff Cumberland, Jordan Reed
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG: Willie Colon, Vlad Ducasse
C: Nick Mangold
RG: Barrett Jones, Vlad Ducasse
RT: Austin Howard

LE: Muhammad Wilkerson
RE: Quinton Coples, Antonio Garay
DT: Kenrick Ellis, Antonio Garay
ROLB: Antwaan Barnes, Garrett McIntyre Brandon Jenkins
LOLB: Barkevious Mingo, Ricky Sapp
ILB: David Harris, Demario Davis, Nick Bellore
CB: Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, William Middleton, Ellis Lankster
FS: Dawan Landry, Josh Bush
SS: Matt Elam, Antonio Allen
mikejets22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft. I don't think Elam lasts till the 3rd and I haven't picked Barret Jones in any of my mocks, but I can see the value in his versatility.
Also prefer a more polished route runner, but Patterson's immense potential and play making ability make him okay by me for the Jets.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I really like this mock. The only major flaw I see is the Elam pick. I don't think he makes it to the 3rd. This is a very deep safety class, so there should be many other good options available with that pick.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with everyone else Elam won't be there but Rambo might.

I'd take Ansah at #9 if he was still on the board over Mingo but I can live with him. Love Patterson at #13 though.

Love the rest of the positions you selected (all areas of need). Solid job.

Props to Mack on the sig
mikejets22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Yeah I agree with everyone else Elam won't be there but Rambo might.

I'd take Ansah at #9 if he was still on the board over Mingo but I can live with him. Love Patterson at #13 though.

Love the rest of the positions you selected (all areas of need). Solid job.

Can't agree enough with this. Ansah will be best defensive player taken in this draft in 2-3 years. Such an untapped high-ceiling.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the direction you took with the draft. I'm just not sold on Jones or Mingo. But I couldn't be mad at this at all.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it but Jenkins should be well gone by the 6th. He was an end of the 1st early 2nd round talent pre injury

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Laughing overall not bad but Mingo and Patterson are both very raw. We already have one raw WR in Hill. Go with a safer reciever in Allen and maybe Jarvis Jones over Mingo. But overall its good.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
Welcome! Laughing overall not bad but Mingo and Patterson are both very raw. We already have one raw WR in Hill. Go with a safer reciever in Allen and maybe Jarvis Jones over Mingo. But overall its good.

No way I would take Jones over Mingo. Patterson is also pretty comfortably ahead of Allen IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: