Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers Double 7 Round Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Steelers Double 7 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

Not going to even pretend like I know what I am doing but was bored at lunch so here we go.

The first draft is partly the more likely scenario, but the second I decided to go a little off the path.

Let me know what you guys think.

Round 1) Terrance Williams WR Baylor-I like what he brings to the table as well as his catch radius. The talent pool in this draft at the receiver position is not very deep. So I would hope they take one of the best of this class off the board.

Round 2) Will Davis DB Utah State-He seems to be raw but the man to man skills are undeniable. Also willing to come up in run support, good play recognition.

Round 3) Bicarri Rambo S Georgia-Able to make plays on the ball, willing hitter. I think he would be a fine replacement for Ryan Clark in 2014.

Round 4) Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA-While he does not have the break away speed you may want in a starting back. I like the fact he falls forward and has a little wiggle to his game. May surprise some people next season.

Round 5) Quanterus Smith OLB WKU-He has one pass rushing move, but he has a non stop motor. He will need to be brought along slowly but could be a real find.

Round 6) Cory Grissom NT USF-Hard to move but does not defeat the double team on a consistent basis.

Round 6) Michael Mauti ILB Penn State-Good hustle, good tackler as well. Injury history red flag.

Round 7) Sean Renfree-Yeah he is awful but is a film junkie, and could develop into a serviceable #2 in the right system.

Draft # 2

Steelers Trade Back with Indianapolis allowing them to select Alec Ogletree

Steelers acquire # 24 pick trade #17 pick to the Colts.

Round 1) Terrance Williams WR Baylor-Yes I have a man crush. He will not replace Wallace's speed but I am not sure they need to do that. He catches the ball I repeat he has hands and knows how to use them. Mike never quite figured those tough catches out.

Round 2) D.J. Swearinger S SCU-More of an in the box safety, but he does possess some coverage ability. Seems to always be around the ball big hitter as well.

Round 3) Le'Veon Bell RB MSU-Lets stop trying to find the next Jerome Bettis and get someone who can you know run the damn ball. He has great hands for a running back, and could be really good if we are actually switching to a zone scheme.

Round 3) from the colts Brian Winters OG Kent State-Good movement, if he gets his hands on you then that's it. Could stand to improve his strength and technique.

Round 4) Sean Porter OLB Texas A & M-Good Blitzer, very good use of his hands to keep blockers at bay. Will need to improve the angles he takes to the ball. Could also stand to improve his strength.

Round 5) Chris Gragg TE Arkansas-Lets face it Paulson is just ok not a very good blocker but adequate depth. David Johnson will get you about 2-4 yards. Gragg has his limitations as well but is a former receiver and a big time threat.

Round 6) Terrence Brown CB Stanford-Good an to man skills can be slow to react to the ball in the air. Could develop into a decent nickel back.

Round 6) Ray Grahm RB Pittsburgh-Could become a good change of pace back. While he does have some red flags due to an acl injury. He could be a good backup running back and occasional spot starter.

Round 7) Onterrio McCalebb RB/PR Auburn-Strictly a returner cant do anything else.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a little bit of both but the first round pick in neither. I like Williams I just don't believe he is a first round WR.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never take Williams that early.

I like the 2nd draft more, but I dont really like either that much.
The36Bus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of either draft. I also don't like Williams in round 1. If we are taking WR at #17 I'd like to see Patterson or Allen and I wouldn't rule them out for taking Austin. If we trade back a few I really like Hopkins and Hunter.
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back guys I am going to do another when we get closer, also my espn insider subscription will be coming soon. I will try to share as much as possible.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
cjfollett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with 3-4 on this. I think Williams can be gotten in the 2nd round, so it seems like both mocks are a reach. I do like the trade back option tho.

At 24, I think I would take Lacy, if he was there.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most of the other comments. I like T. Williams but I think #17 is too early. I also don't like CB in the second, we have more important needs. In mock 1, I like 3-6 rd, but don't like QB taken this year in particular not a fan of Renfree.
I like the 2nd draft better overall but I'd take a RB earlier and get rid of Gragg. As someone astutely said we don't need anymore backup TEs right now. Swearinger might be a reach in the 2nd but I do like him.

Good job wade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: