Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns schedule private workout w/ QB Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
^^

It would be Nice to see a leader with a sack for a change...

I don't get why you'd want Smith then. We have sooo many needs that could be significantly upgraded with our sixth pick, or by trading it down(unlikely). We definitely need to address QB, next year. We can draft an OG who makes our O line arguably the best in the league. We can draft a CB, giving us one of the best CB duos in the league. We can draft a WR/TE giving us one of the most dynamic passing attacks in the league. We can draft an OLB giving is one of the most versatile LB groups in the league. Or we could draft Smith, who may or may not start, and may or may not be a leader. He won't be one of the best QBs in the league. If you really believe he will be, then and only then, does it make sense to draft him. If you want a TE, WR, OG, OLB, ILB, CB, you could make a convincing argument for those positions based on the impact any of those picks will have on the team. Do you really in your heart of hearts think Geno Smith will be as impactful at QB as drafting one of the other positions will be at theirs?

I've said that many times that Smith is not my ideal choice at 6, however the probability of Geno being picked by the Browns (for reasons we all know or at least should know by now) at 6 is very high if he is available. I also think everyone understands the impact that a franchise QB would have on this team, not just next year but in the future as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
most recetn grading on Geno has him "just a notch behind RG3 and Luck last year." - to use Morts words. Given that Luck was a once in a decade or two(?) prospect and RG3 become an instant superstar, Id say that is very high grading grading on him. Some Fans dont like to here it, but the professional thoughts on Geno seem to be very high. You can have a different opinion of course, but I value the professionals more on this.

You also said you question his leadership. Luck and RG3 came in and took the reins of their respective teams immediately. If you question his leadership skills, why would you want him?

Also, Kiper said Weeden is better than any QB in the draft this year. I don't know if I agree with this or not. I see Weeden, Smith, Wilson as interchangeable in terms of talent. I don't see any of these QBs as ones who are going to be elite. My favorite QB of all time, Montana, won four Super Bowls(2 without Rice). He won an NCAA championship, and a high school state championship. What made him great was his leadership and poise under pressure. Both Weeden and Smith lack this trait. Flaccid, Big Ben, Eli, Rodgers, Brady all have this quality. Just my opinion, but taking Smith, whose biggest knock is performing well when being pressured, is a mistake. Next year is a better year to draft a QB. I want a leader with poise. A QB who won't look out of his element when the defense blitzes him on 3rd and 12 in the playoffs, trailing by 5 with 30 seconds left and no timeouts. Neither Smith or Weeden are that guy. I respect your POV, and I disagree with you 100%. If we draft Smith, I will want him to prove me wrong, and I will even root for him to do so. If you're wrong about Smith, you have to make out with Kaluka Maiava.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
most recetn grading on Geno has him "just a notch behind RG3 and Luck last year." - to use Morts words. Given that Luck was a once in a decade or two(?) prospect and RG3 become an instant superstar, Id say that is very high grading grading on him. Some Fans dont like to here it, but the professional thoughts on Geno seem to be very high. You can have a different opinion of course, but I value the professionals more on this.

You also said you question his leadership. Luck and RG3 came in and took the reins of their respective teams immediately. If you question his leadership skills, why would you want him?

Also, Kiper said Weeden is better than any QB in the draft this year. I don't know if I agree with this or not. I see Weeden, Smith, Wilson as interchangeable in terms of talent. I don't see any of these QBs as ones who are going to be elite. My favorite QB of all time, Montana, won four Super Bowls(2 without Rice). He won an NCAA championship, and a high school state championship. What made him great was his leadership and poise under pressure. Both Weeden and Smith lack this trait. Flaccid, Big Ben, Eli, Rodgers, Brady all have this quality. Just my opinion, but taking Smith, whose biggest knock is performing well when being pressured, is a mistake. Next year is a better year to draft a QB. I want a leader with poise. A QB who won't look out of his element when the defense blitzes him on 3rd and 12 in the playoffs, trailing by 5 with 30 seconds left and no timeouts. Neither Smith or Weeden are that guy. I respect your POV, and I disagree with you 100%. If we draft Smith, I will want him to prove me wrong, and I will even root for him to do so. If you're wrong about Smith, you have to make out with Kaluka Maiava.

i never said I question Geno's leadership?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I wasn't trying to imply that you need to be emmotional to be a good leader or that being you had to be extremely vocal to be a leader. It would just be nice to have an emmotional leader for a change. We have had a bunch of emmotionless robots(DA, Weeden), timmid little boys(McCoy), or airheads(Frye) for leaders.

Dropkick_pride wrote:
^^ It would be Nice to see a leader with a sack for a change...

^^ Talking about our current and past QBs, not directing a negative comment towards Geno or any other prospect.

As to college success, its often a double edged sword. Great college players suck in the nfl sometimes, and sometimes relative poor college qbs are great in the nfl... college production and the teams win-loss record is just one facet. There are many factors involved there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I wasn't trying to imply that you need to be emmotional to be a good leader or that being you had to be extremely vocal to be a leader. It would just be nice to have an emmotional leader for a change. We have had a bunch of emmotionless robots(DA, Weeden), timmid little boys(McCoy), or airheads(Frye) for leaders.

Dropkick_pride wrote:

^^ Talking about our current and past QBs, not directing a negative comment towards Geno or any other prospect.

As to college success, its often a double edged sword. Great college players suck in the nfl sometimes, and sometimes relative poor college qbs are great in the nfl... college production and the teams win-loss record is just one facet. There are many factors involved there.

Sorry. I read that back aspwards.

2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Sorry. I read that back aspwards.

haha, thats okay I do that often...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, you still have to make out with Kaluka Maiava....you get your papers done?

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Regardless, you still have to make out with Kaluka Maiava....

I heard Maiva is a catcher now that he is OAK, which is good because Im a pitcher...

NewWorldOrder wrote:
you get your papers done?

no....... Laughing Crying or Very sad I hate this grad class....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell stated on Path to the Draft Thursday that Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib is his No. 1-rated draft-eligible quarterback.
Cosell agrees with Russ Lande of the National Football Post, who also grades Nassib as this year's top signal caller. Cosell cited Geno Smith's "slow eyes" in terms of anticipation and "ball location" on intermediate to deep throws as reasons for concern. "My No. 1 quarterback based on the film study I've done is Ryan Nassib," Cosell said. "I liked him overall more than Geno Smith. I think he's a much more precise intermediate thrower. I think the ball comes out with a little better velocity at the intermediate level. And I think he's a little more accurate. And I like his footwork a little bit better."

Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:
Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell stated on Path to the Draft Thursday that Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib is his No. 1-rated draft-eligible quarterback.
Cosell agrees with Russ Lande of the National Football Post, who also grades Nassib as this year's top signal caller. Cosell cited Geno Smith's "slow eyes" in terms of anticipation and "ball location" on intermediate to deep throws as reasons for concern. "My No. 1 quarterback based on the film study I've done is Ryan Nassib," Cosell said. "I liked him overall more than Geno Smith. I think he's a much more precise intermediate thrower. I think the ball comes out with a little better velocity at the intermediate level. And I think he's a little more accurate. And I like his footwork a little bit better."

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Buff at 8. Me personally I'd be really concerned about his deep ball. I wasn't too impressed with him. I'd take him in the 2nd round and try to develop him.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: