Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Free agent safety Mike Mitchell says he's agreed to terms on a 1-year deal with #Panthers. Will compete w/ DJ Campbell and H Nakamura at SS.

http://twitter.com/josephperson/statuses/314499503992500225

If he loses to Nakamura, he should probably retire...

He won't, he'll make a solid starting SS. The difference between him and Tyvon Branch is insignificant. The Raiders made the mistake to committ to Branch last year though.

If the difference between Mitchell and Branch is 'insignificant', then apparently I've been vastly overrated Branch -- Mitchell is very mediocre.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Free agent safety Mike Mitchell says he's agreed to terms on a 1-year deal with #Panthers. Will compete w/ DJ Campbell and H Nakamura at SS.

He won't, he'll make a solid starting SS. The difference between him and Tyvon Branch is insignificant. The Raiders made the mistake to committ to Branch last year though.

If the difference between Mitchell and Branch is 'insignificant', then apparently I've been vastly overrated Branch -- Mitchell is very mediocre.

You have. He's not the same player he was. Could not cover to save his life last year. His angles on the ball were atrocious too.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
You have. He's not the same player he was. Could not cover to save his life last year. His angles on the ball were atrocious too.

The bold is the biggest problem with Branch. Just terrible terrible angles that lead to big plays...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

The bold is the biggest problem with Branch. Just terrible terrible angles that lead to big plays...

I think it was against Tampa, I remember seeing him take just the absolute worst angle of pursuit I have ever seen. I could not believe it.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

If you think Branch is much better than Mitchell, then yes, you have. Branch isn't a playmaker, all he does is rack up tackles and he's usually a reliable tackler, although he wasn't that good with that last season.
The way i see it, Mitchell played better than Branch at the end of last season.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Panthers sign former Raiders Safety Mike Mitchell Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
He was a solid starter when Branch was out so i guess we'll see.

I liked how he threw his hands up in confusion when Gates went right by him in the endzone for an easy TD. He's a solid tackler but he has terrible awareness.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: