Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Hawks Jeff Fisher style Draft and Off season New.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: T-Hawks Jeff Fisher style Draft and Off season New. Reply with quote

Hello Rams fans. It has been an exciting time for us fans. Things are changing and I couldn't be more excited. This is a mock that follows what Fisher likes in players. He won't draft an offensive line man in the first round. Snead and Fisher have said they are sold on Quick and they have no plan drafting a big receiver like Allen, Rodgers, or Hunter. He likes feisty players that get in your face. Lets keep the good times rolling!

Off Season

Resign William Hayes DE Rams- Hayes is a great third DE on our roster. He is our best run defender for our DE's. He is a great role player that really helps make our line complete and elite.

Sign Jared Cook TE Titans- Boy do I love this signing. Cook will work the slot and will be best friends with Bradford. Cook has just needed a great quarterback and he finally has one in Bradford. I think Cook is going to have a fantastic year next year.

Sign Jake Long OT Dolphins- I am not thrilled about this but the price was not the 11 million I thought he wanted. We finally have an elite left talent to protect Bradford. Fisher has his tackle he wants.

Resign Quinton Mikell SS Rams- Fisher has said he still might resign Mikell. I feel we can resign him to a cheaper contract. He is great in the box playing SS and is one of the best in the league.

NFL Draft

Round one- Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas- I have a feeling that Fisher wants his hard hitting safety. Fisher has a history of stockpiling safeties from the University of Texas. We really need a safety and Vaccaro is overated but pretty good. We have Cook in the slot and we need a safety.

Round one- Alec Olgetree OLB Georgia- Fisher said the number one thing to accomplish in the offseason was to stop the rushing quaterbacks. Olgetree is one of the most versatile linebackers I have seen in years. Have you seen his play on the goaline in the SEC national championship game. Wow this kid will be great for us. We usually only have two linebackers out at once. Put The Animal and Olgetree out there and our defense is scary.

Round two- Larry Warford OG Kentucky- Warford will be a great OG next to Long. Our line will be complete with the addition of Warford. He is a great all around guard in run and pass blocking.

Round three- Quinton Patton WR Lousiana Tech- Patton is a great Wide Reciever. Snead said no to the idea of getting a big wide out in Rogers. He said we have that in Quick. We will roll with Quick this year and see how things turn out. I really like Patton he is very smooth and a great route runner. He is a great all around player that reminds me a lot of Torrey Holt.

Round four- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU- Mathieu will be great depth for our team. He reminds me a lot of Finnegan. Finnegan can turn his life around and teach him things to end up replacing Finnegan in a few years. Mathieu can contribute on special teams giving us good field position.

Round five- Jordan Mills RT Louisana Tech- I really like Mills. He would be a great replacement at RT if Saffold doesn't come back next year. Mills can be developed this year by bordeau and next year he will be ready with Rok to replace Saffold and Dahl. Long, Warford, Wells, Rok, Mills will be a pretty good line.

Round six- Zac Stacey RB Vanderbilt- A power back at 216 pounds that is shifty with some powers. He is very underrated that will be a good compliment to our change of pace backs.

Round seven- T.J. Moe WR Mizzou- Moe will instantly be our slot reciever and a fan favorite because he has always been a St Louis native. He isn't special, but he is a hard worker that gets the job done. Moe will be a steal for us.

Roster
Offense
QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Isaiah Pead, Daryl Richardson, Zac Stacy
WR- Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Quinton Patton, Austin Pettis, T.J. Moe
LT- Jake Long
LG- Larry Warford
C- Scott Wells
RG- Harvey Dahl
RT- Rodger Saffold

Defense
DE- Chris Long, Robert Quinn
DT- Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford
MLB- James Laurinits
OLB- Alec Olgetree, Jo Lonn Dunbar
CB- Cortland Finnegan, Janoris Jenkins
FS- Kenny Vacccaro
SS- Quinton Mikell

What do you guys think. Comment what you guys think. Thanks. Go Rams!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say no to Vaccaro!
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind it, I just still feel like we are lacking a WR in this offseason, its different which I like but yea...

Welcome to St. Louis Austin, Ogletree, Bailey, Mcdonald, Stacy, McGee, and Jones
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, defense becomes top 10 and our offense improves enough this year. Guys we aren't going super bowl this year so the players we get are improving. I think this will be a nice 9 win team.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading Nick's Mailbag on the St. Louis Rams site and it seems that Fisher really likes Cook and he is going to play in the slot. Also Fisher is high on Vacarro and he likes his Texas Safeties and Dallas likes Vacarro and he won't make it to 22. This is a mock based on Fisher's draft tendencies. We went offense in the free agency. We load up on young defense the first round of draft. The wide reciever market is very deep. Plus, Fisher is sold on Quick and Givens just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're planning on winning every game 10-7 or maybe 14-7 I like it. Need a bit more offence in there my friend. Gotta get a playmaker in the first .

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
If we're planning on winning every game 10-7 or maybe 14-7 I like it. Need a bit more offence in there my friend. Gotta get a playmaker in the first .

Or Pead and Quick need to step it up this year. Which I think they will.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No
1. No
2. Yes
3. Iffy ( Rather have Rogers )
4. Doesnt bother me, but having him and Jenkins in a locker room together might not be so smart.
5. Saffold plays RT this season so No.
6. Doesnt bother me, but we have Ganaway and fisher likes him
7. Yes
DistantRam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Vaccaro at 16 only if none of the top three WRs (Patterson, Austin, Allen), neither of the top two guards nor Sheldon Richardson is there. He's my seventh semi-realistic choice at that spot.

Ogletree would be a real difference maker next to Laurinaitis, so I'd be all for him at 22 depending on the availability of the players previously mentioned. However, Greene and Brown offer almost as much and don't have the off the field concerns; one of them may well slip to our second round pick.

I really like Warford but I very much doubt that he'll make it past San Diego in round two.

The rest are all solid choices.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
1. No
1. No
2. Yes
4. Doesnt bother me, but having him and Jenkins in a locker room together might not be so smart.
7. Yes

Mills is a backup this year because I can gurantee you saffold is going to leave to be a LT next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but I would rather have Jarvis Jones (if he drops which is unlikely) or Arthur Brown instead of Ogeltree and I don't think we need another tackle this year. Maybe a better running back or some d-line depth
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting note the point about Fisher wanting to stop running QBs. Larry Warford won't be selected by the Rams. He's basically told all GMs & FO Personnel he's Exclusively at Right Guard. It's odd how opened he's been about that preference. It hurts his value.

He'll be on the Jets next yr. Good job overall.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
1. No
1. No
2. Yes
7. Yes

Mills is a backup this year because I can gurantee you saffold is going to leave to be a LT next year.

Why not draft a rt next year with a much deeper draft? id rather fill a void we have this year with another pick
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
1. No
1. No
2. Yes
7. Yes

Why not draft a rt next year with a much deeper draft? id rather fill a void we have this year with another pick

That is not how GMs think, they try to address every need the best they for that year.

I like the draft overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: