Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Sign OT Jake Long
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray we're putting together a great team!!! Maybe we'll make the playoffs next year, if not for sure the year after.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I'd want a 2nd or a 3rd at worst(probably would want another pick with the 3rd). Can't speak for the Rams though. They might be willing to settle for a 3rd or even less.

He's a young LT who has shown the ability to be a top 10 player at his position when healthy. Durability is his biggest question mark.

Certainly wouldn't trade him cheap. Too talented.

I wouldn't trade a pick that high for him. He's due to be an UFA after this season. With his durability concerns, why not just wait until he's a free agent next season? Unless the Rams would accept a lower round pick for him...
Id take a 4th for him easily. Wont be back next year, Id rather get something for him.

you have no idea if he'll be gone next year. No way I'd take a fourth rounder for someone who graded out as one of the best pass blockers in the league. I'd rather keep him for a year and hope we can sign him.

If the Rams can draft Cooper, Warford or Warmack they will have improved their oline immensely.

The line improved a ton at the end of the year when Wells and Saffold returned but if they had.

LT J. Long LG C.Warmack/Cooper C S. Wells RG H.Dahl RT R.Saffold

They could go from one of the worst lines to one of the best.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I'd want a 2nd or a 3rd at worst(probably would want another pick with the 3rd). Can't speak for the Rams though. They might be willing to settle for a 3rd or even less.

He's a young LT who has shown the ability to be a top 10 player at his position when healthy. Durability is his biggest question mark.

I wouldn't trade a pick that high for him. He's due to be an UFA after this season. With his durability concerns, why not just wait until he's a free agent next season? Unless the Rams would accept a lower round pick for him...

I'm fine with waiting too. Someone else might decide they need a LT next year and/or they want exclusive negotiating rights with Saffold.

Worst case scenario, he leaves in FA. Or...looking at the market in 2013...maybe we keep him and re-sign him to a 5 year 34 million dollar deal.

Rams aren't between a rock and a hard place. No reason to sell low on a player who was one of the league's better pass protectors at LT in 2012.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm fine with waiting too. Someone else might decide they need a LT next year and/or they want exclusive negotiating rights with Saffold.

Worst case scenario, he leaves in FA. Or...looking at the market in 2013...maybe we keep him and re-sign him to a 5 year 34 million dollar deal.

Rams aren't between a rock and a hard place. No reason to sell low on a player who was one of the league's better pass protectors at LT in 2012.

yeah trading Saffold for a fourth or fifth would be a huge mistake. You're basically trading your 2nd best linemen, one who has tons of upside and who will upgrade your RT spot a ton for a guy who might not even make the roster.

Who knows what happens in the next year. So it's way premature to say he'll never resign.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true, this might be the biggest move of the offseason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
If this is true, this might be the biggest move of the offseason

If what's true?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: