Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Are They Now: Redux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I remember my UDFA Profile on Darius Reynaud; was extremely excited that we picked him up.

Now I'm just sadfaced.
I never got why we threw him in that trade. Loved watching him in purple.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double, where are they now?

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Patriots are signing WR Michael Jenkins.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/317334170491842561

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The @KCChiefs announced today that Brad Childress has joined their coaching staff to serve as Spread Game Analyst/Special Projects.#Chiefs

http://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Reid/statuses/317384752560746496

Was the Browns offensive coordinator last season.

disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid's asking Childress to "facilitate a compromise" between 2 different types of offenses? That's a good one.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Michael Jenkins isn't done just yet. Released by the Minnesota Vikings earlier this month, the veteran receiver is signing with the New England Patriots, the team announced.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Released_by_Vikings_Michael_Jenkins_gets_another_chance_with_Patriots032813

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@caplannfl: Jaguars announced that they released DT C.J. Mosley.”
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
WR Michael Jenkins isn't done just yet. Released by the Minnesota Vikings earlier this month, the veteran receiver is signing with the New England Patriots, the team announced.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Released_by_Vikings_Michael_Jenkins_gets_another_chance_with_Patriots032813

Glad to see Jenkings get another gig in the NFL. Dude has as reliable hands as they come inside 10 yards, Brady should enjoy a good security blanket.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl53s
Former Jaguars DT C.J. Mosley is expected to sign with the Lions, per source.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later this month, former Minnesota Vikings DE Ray Edwards will compete in Superior...in a boxing ring. Edwards is now a professional fighter and it has been announced that he'll fight on the "War at Wessman" card on April 13th at Wessman Arena against an unnamed opponent.

Edwards was recently in the news when his opponent was suspended for intentionally losing. On February 9th, Edwards defeated Nick Capes (0-4) at a boxing event in West Fargo, North Dakota. A video review of the fight between Capes and a much larger Ray Edwards clearly shows Capes was not hit before he dropped to the canvas. Capes was a last-minute substitution after the scheduled opponent didn't show up for the weigh-in and event promoter Cory Rapacz told Eyewitness Sports that Capes was expected to try to win.

Edwards won his most recent fight, defeating Van Goodman (2-3-2) by 3rd Round TKO on March 15th in Hinckley, Minnesota. Edwards is 4-0 as a pro boxer.

http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/S2984697.shtml?cat=10347

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Bills defensive lineman Alan Branch, who played with Tarvaris Jackson in 2011 with the Seattle Seahawks, offered high praise for Jackson and says Buffalo is getting a quality quarterback.

Branch: "I'll say this: Tarvaris Jackson is one of the toughest competitors I've seen out there. When he played when I was in Seattle, the guy was hurt in more than half the games and he kept playing. He had us winning games, too. We were in every single game. It’s not like we ever got blew out. It was a rebuilding process for Seattle. So Jackson didn’t have quite the tools Seattle had last year. But the guy is tough as nails, smart and has a cannon for an arm. Buffalo fans should definitely realize that they got some stature back there."

Jackson had a career year with Seattle in 2011. He started 14 games, went 7-7 as a starter, and threw for 3,091 yards, 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Those are decent numbers, especially if Jackson was playing injured. However, Jackson hasn't thrown a regular-season pass since.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/57175/branch-has-high-praise-for-tarvaris-jackson

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its beyond me why they stuck with Ryan Fitzpatrick last year.

He wasn't taking them anywhere. Maybe Jackson wouldn't be either, but he's a good relief QB.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Edwards, who now embraces boxing in large part because the NFL no longer embraces him, is the subject of a slow-news-day profile in USA Today. He claims he didn’t know about Nick Capes’ plan to take a no-punch dive. Edwards also claims that his football career didn’t deserve the knockout blow it received from the Falcons.

Edwards: “When they say you’re a bad apple, they don’t want you on your team; Terrell Owens is evidence. Before he left the game, he was a 1,000-yard receiver, but he didn’t get a job because of people saying he’s a bad person. It’s hard to get second chances in the NFL because it’s a product line coming out of college. I think Mike Smith [gave me the problem player label] because me and him weren’t on the best of terms. He felt someone was better than me, but I knew he wasn’t. Players didn’t agree with him. He just didn’t like me.”

If you don’t do what they tell to do in the NFL, exactly how they tell you to do it, you have a bad attitude. I have a bad attitude because I want to be on the field? That sounds like a winning attitude to me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/09/ray-edwards-disputes-problem-player-label/

we definitely got the best of Edwards' short-lived NFL career.

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that Ray has not yet learned when he should just zip his lip. I think he's a clear example of what a stellar job the Vikings' organization has done to manage personalities.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention, Edwards was labeled as a "problem player" back when he was at Purdue and argued with coaches there.

this is hardly new, Ray.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorful Okoboji area marina operator Butch Parks has bought one of the boats at the center of a 2005 Minnesota Vikings sex scandal and will offer cruises on the family friendly Iowa Great Lakes. The fully restored boat will offer drinks, dinner, and great views, but none of the racy activities some of the Vikings were accused of while cruising on Lake Minnetonka.

Still, Parks couldn’t resist having a bit of fun when he discovered that the 1994 Skipperliner had bit of a colorful past. He thought about naming the 63-foot vessel “Love Tank” or “Mischievous” but settled on this idea from one of his staff members: “Scandalous.” As he talked about the boat’s attributes, the seller told him about the Vikings’ alleged fun. “I didn’t know the story,” Parks said. He does now. And he plans to plant a Vikings jersey on the boat as a reminder.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130408/NEWS/130408016/-Minnesota-Vikings-sex-boat-cruise-Iowa-Great-Lakes?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

SMOOOOOOT!

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL announced on Tuesday that Mike Tomlin will become the newest member of the Competition Committee. He replaces former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/09/mike-tomlin-joins-competition-committee/

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 63 of 101

Jump to: