Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Draft Chat: Path to the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 25294
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones is a homeless man's Von Miller.

Miller far outclasses him. I think the earliest Jones goes is to the Saints at 15 since they are building a 34.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple Faithful


Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 2773
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
I'd bet my mortgage payment on the Vikings going with a WR on one of their first round picks. Feel that confident in them being that predictable.

As far as Allen and Hunter in general, I really hope neither are on this team. Never understood the intrigue.
yeah, agree with a lot of that. Agree Spielman is that predictable, just hoping it is my dislike that is coloring that thought. You are not helping my fear. Hunter - yeah. Drops, knee injury, slower now, less explosive - knee can't be good - no nfl trainer there in tennessee it looks like. Glad i am not alone on the no hunter/allen bandwagon.
_________________
Would Wilf please fire Spielman already?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple Faithful


Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 2773
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Jones is a homeless man's Von Miller.
haha, that's great!
_________________
Would Wilf please fire Spielman already?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AQuintus


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, Ogletree probably helped himself a little. A 4.63 40 still isn't the super freak speed that I was expecting, but it's better than a 4.70.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple Faithful


Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 2773
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I still see them using one of the Rd 1 picks on a WR, because they still need more in the way of outside guys. But, then again, it all depends upon what's available at those spots. The likeliest scenarios are that they go 2 out of the following 3: WR, DT, and LB.
Sounds like you are right. Looking at the draft and the depth, i think i'd like 3tech, safety or LB rd 1, depending on who's there, then in rd 2 lb like minter, maybe, (tape looks like rd 1 reach to me) or wr. also wr rd 3 as a possible. Too many elite safeties and we seen how one elite helped the defense out. The corners are not very good in this draft, imo. (so we cut winfield instead of kwill. unbelievable.)
_________________
Would Wilf please fire Spielman already?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple Faithful


Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 2773
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
In other news, Ogletree probably helped himself a little. A 4.63 40 still isn't the super freak speed that I was expecting, but it's better than a 4.70.
Watching the alabama tape on him, he doesn't look like much. not sure i still like him.
_________________
Would Wilf please fire Spielman already?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
I'd bet my mortgage payment on the Vikings going with a WR on one of their first round picks. Feel that confident in them being that predictable.


I don't know. There are no Golden Domers/Razorbacks to target that high.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6981
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
this providence wrote:
I'd bet my mortgage payment on the Vikings going with a WR on one of their first round picks. Feel that confident in them being that predictable.


I don't know. There are no Golden Domers/Razorbacks to target that high.


Sure about that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AQuintus


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:


Sure about that?


So now you want to take Te'o to play WR?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6981
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Klomp wrote:


Sure about that?


So now you want to take Te'o to play WR?


He never said anything about WR. I thought those were separate statements.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Worm Guts


Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 871
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
AQuintus wrote:
Klomp wrote:


Sure about that?


So now you want to take Te'o to play WR?


He never said anything about WR. I thought those were separate statements.


He quoted a post specifically referencing WRs
It was obvious what he meant. Anyway there is a receiver available from one of Spielman's favorite schools, say hello to Robert Woods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggsohnasty


Joined: 25 Dec 2008
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It blows my mind how people can not like Ogletree because of his lack of run stopping ability. The dude had over 100 tackles in like 9 games.

On top of that, people will watch the Alabama film and say he struggled (which may be true, though I'd argue it), to which I ask: how many NFL teams run 2 TEs, a FB, and a 235 lb HB? the answer is 1...us.

The new fad in the NFL is the zone read option game...based on spacing and deception. Ogletree is built perfectly to stop that kind of game. This isnt the 90s...Lorenzo Neal doesnt exist in the league anymore, teams don't run 2 TEs and iso teams into oblivion.

The only reservation people should have about him is the off the field garbage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6981
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
It was obvious what he meant. Anyway there is a receiver available from one of Spielman's favorite schools, say hello to Robert Woods.


Like I said, I thought they were separate unrelated statements. My bad...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AQuintus wrote:
Klomp wrote:


Sure about that?


So now you want to take Te'o to play WR?


He never said anything about WR. I thought those were separate statements.


He quoted a post specifically referencing WRs
It was obvious what he meant. Anyway there is a receiver available from one of Spielman's favorite schools, say hello to Robert Woods.


+1 for reading comprehension. Forgot about Spielman's USC fetish, though. I would not be the least bit surprised to see Woods drafted by us, then.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kellerman


Joined: 16 May 2010
Posts: 3598
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
It blows my mind how people can not like Ogletree because of his lack of run stopping ability. The dude had over 100 tackles in like 9 games.

On top of that, people will watch the Alabama film and say he struggled (which may be true, though I'd argue it), to which I ask: how many NFL teams run 2 TEs, a FB, and a 235 lb HB? the answer is 1...us.

The new fad in the NFL is the zone read option game...based on spacing and deception. Ogletree is built perfectly to stop that kind of game. This isnt the 90s...Lorenzo Neal doesnt exist in the league anymore, teams don't run 2 TEs and iso teams into oblivion.

The only reservation people should have about him is the off the field garbage.


I watched two Georgia games, the tackles he makes are 4-5 yards down the field 'jump on the pile' types of tackles.

PS: I'm not saying Ogletree is a bad player, or that we shouldn't pick him, but run-stopping appears to be his weakest trait.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 82 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group