Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
The draft should be very interesting. We are truly in a position to take the BA player. I wouldn't mind to see either Hankins or Jenkins for our dline in round 1 and OLB Jamie Collins in round 3.
If Collins is somehow available I will weep years of joy. I'm all for a trade back into the second to take Collins. He is a perfect fit opposite Mathis.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with the updates in free agency, I see two positions of need:

1.) WR: There is room for immediate contribution here. Reggie and TY look like the starters, then its Lavon Brazill and nobody. But also, Reggie isn't a young man. It would be nice to have his ultimate replacement (Andy's #1) in place before he leaves.

2.) OLB: Erik Walden is not Roberts long term replacement. I'm not sure Walden is the answer opposite Robert right away. So a situational OLB who can mold into the long term answer at the position would be nice.

Trade up for Patterson? Look at Austin or Hunter? Trade back for Hopkins or Allen?

What about Ansah, Montgomery or Mingo? These are the types of names I'm looking at.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeytonFan18 wrote:
Well, with the updates in free agency, I see two positions of need:

1.) WR: There is room for immediate contribution here. Reggie and TY look like the starters, then its Lavon Brazill and nobody. But also, Reggie isn't a young man. It would be nice to have his ultimate replacement (Andy's #1) in place before he leaves.

2.) OLB: Erik Walden is not Roberts long term replacement. I'm not sure Walden is the answer opposite Robert right away. So a situational OLB who can mold into the long term answer at the position would be nice.

Trade up for Patterson? Look at Austin or Hunter? Trade back for Hopkins or Allen?

What about Ansah, Montgomery or Mingo? These are the types of names I'm looking at.

1. I can see it but there's also no star too....I feel like this draft is all OL/DL and CB. Next year is better I think in terms of finding a #1. Not sure though

2. I agree. Wish there was a Clay Matthews kinda guy at our spot, a late first rounder/early seconder that has starter ability with superstar potential. I don't see it in this year's crop at this spot though.

3. Bust, bust, and bust. I don't want to have anything to do with those guys. Ansah is way too raw, and we aren't the Giants. I'd like to take the chance but it could take way too long to do so. Montgomery and Mingo don't have any pass rushing moves and seem to rely on their athleticism. I doubt they make much of an impact in the NFL, much like their LSU brethren in years past. I also think Mingo busts real hard.

I don't really know this year's crop of guys so I can't really help out there in terms fo throwing out names.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We're voting on the Colts pick at 24 in the Draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518003

Cheers

GFW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: