Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream offseason!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Dream offseason!! Reply with quote

I've posted something like this in another thread but I thought I would just see if you guys agree with me about this offseason . I live in Nashville an ill tell ya after last season , this city just accepted who we are. Alot of negativity and no confidence in the fans , but over the last two weeks , after what this organization has done to show are fans we can be relivent and saving there a$$'s at the same time has put a 180 degree turn in the confidence of this city. As a long time fan I've never seen this out of the organization , 06 with mawae, givens (lol) , hope, Washington, and Thornton was a big offseason but I see this offseason being a huge step in the right direction and on paper we filled almost all are needs in the offseason except de which it's a deep draft for d lineman. We added veteran leadership in our secondary with Wilson , and pollard. They will both play and both make each other better . I've heard people say they both won't make the opening day roster , that's non sense , we don't bring in veterans with above average years last year and that could start for quite a few teams in the nfl to just drop them to a possible rival . Titans went after Wilson early cause he was available before free agency begun and I bet the titans didn't know this many safeties would be out there on the market, so we got two to fill are biggest weakness , arguably .. Then we go out and grab Johnny lee hill to bulk up the o line, fokou to be depth at lb, and de ??? Our offense got the gem of our offseason in levitre, a versatile guard who can play all positions but guard is what he's best at ( are biggest need) . Delanie walker doesn't have the best hands but with are offense he's perfect, he's a blocker, has above average speed , and is the definition of a football player . We lose cook and his attitude but we gain a guy who wants to play here . Shonn Greene gives us a goal line / 3rd and short yr back who had some 1000 yard seasons in new York . I just hope johnson doesn't throw a fit over losing carries cause he's already spoken out about it. Greene is a huge upgrade over Harper, ringer or whoever else we have. Now one of the underrated moves we made was adding fitz and losing Hass , why ? Cause when Hass came in last year we held are breath , it wasn't the same guy we saw a year before bring are team from one win away from the playoffs the year before. I understand fitz isn't the best qb out there but I bet he's one of the best back ups . He had success in buffalo but struggled at times cause there the bills. He had one wr who's barely 6 ft in SJ and a duo of Rbs in taylor and spiller who are above average and remind me of are running backs in johnson and greene ironically. We own the 10 th pick and have 5 in the top 107 picks. We know we're getting a wr cause Washington is out more then likely and we need another guard on offense. Defense I'd like to see a cb and a de somewhere. I know that asking a lot but it's a deep draft and we still have Tommie Campbell so with are new upgrade in the secondary I think we go later on a cb and focus on wr , de, and olvwith are first 3 picks. Go Titans ( needed to get that off my chest ).
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream offseason!! Reply with quote

FutureIsWhite wrote:
I've posted something like this in another thread but I thought I would just see if you guys agree with me about this offseason . I live in Nashville an ill tell ya after last season , this city just accepted who we are. Alot of negativity and no confidence in the fans , but over the last two weeks , after what this organization has done to show are fans we can be relivent and saving there a$$'s at the same time has put a 180 degree turn in the confidence of this city. As a long time fan I've never seen this out of the organization , 06 with mawae, givens (lol) , hope, Washington, and Thornton was a big offseason but I see this offseason being a huge step in the right direction and on paper we filled almost all are needs in the offseason except de which it's a deep draft for d lineman. We added veteran leadership in our secondary with Wilson , and pollard. They will both play and both make each other better . I've heard people say they both won't make the opening day roster , that's non sense , we don't bring in veterans with above average years last year and that could start for quite a few teams in the nfl to just drop them to a possible rival . Titans went after Wilson early cause he was available before free agency begun and I bet the titans didn't know this many safeties would be out there on the market, so we got two to fill are biggest weakness , arguably .. Then we go out and grab Johnny lee hill to bulk up the o line, fokou to be depth at lb, and de ??? Our offense got the gem of our offseason in levitre, a versatile guard who can play all positions but guard is what he's best at ( are biggest need) . Delanie walker doesn't have the best hands but with are offense he's perfect, he's a blocker, has above average speed , and is the definition of a football player . We lose cook and his attitude but we gain a guy who wants to play here . Shonn Greene gives us a goal line / 3rd and short yr back who had some 1000 yard seasons in new York . I just hope johnson doesn't throw a fit over losing carries cause he's already spoken out about it. Greene is a huge upgrade over Harper, ringer or whoever else we have. Now one of the underrated moves we made was adding fitz and losing Hass , why ? Cause when Hass came in last year we held are breath , it wasn't the same guy we saw a year before bring are team from one win away from the playoffs the year before. I understand fitz isn't the best qb out there but I bet he's one of the best back ups . He had success in buffalo but struggled at times cause there the bills. He had one wr who's barely 6 ft in SJ and a duo of Rbs in taylor and spiller who are above average and remind me of are running backs in johnson and greene ironically. We own the 10 th pick and have 5 in the top 107 picks. We know we're getting a wr cause Washington is out more then likely and we need another guard on offense. Defense I'd like to see a cb and a de somewhere. I know that asking a lot but it's a deep draft and we still have Tommie Campbell so with are new upgrade in the secondary I think we go later on a cb and focus on wr , de, and olvwith are first 3 picks. Go Titans ( needed to get that off my chest ).

Just out of curiousity, what exactly did CJ say about having Shonn Greene as a counterpunch? I hope he didn't start getting all sour-assed about it. Maybe this will push him towards another 2K season.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream offseason!! Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Just out of curiousity, what exactly did CJ say about having Shonn Greene as a counterpunch? I hope he didn't start getting all sour-assed about it. Maybe this will push him towards another 2K season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152503/article/chris-johnson-unhappy-about-shonn-greene-signing
Quote:

"I have never been a big fan of the two-back system, so I don't know how we plan on using him," said Johnson via The Tennessean, reiterating comments he made to NFL.com last month. "I'm not afraid of competition, but I was thinking we'd maybe get a draft pick for the other back. And you don't give a guy that kind of money to be just a goal-line guy and in tough-yardage situations. So we'll see what happens."

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 4 Yds: 54 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 4/4 Long: 47 XP: 2/2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: