Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone say hello! Introduction Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been remiss in not keeping up with the newbies introducing themselves.

Welcome to the Lions Den. Don't be shy, it can get a bit heated from time to time but it's not personal and new views are always a good thing.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
SeattleLionFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

I am SeattleLionFan...

I was born in Detroit, MI in 1958 which makes me 54...sad to say that in my entire life, the Detroit Lions have never won a football championship or been to the Super Bowl.

I moved to Seattle in 1990 but remain a staunch Lions fan. I could have very easily cheered for another team and in fact did so for a time when the Seahawks made their Super Bowl run...but my love for my hometown team never left and I've been a hopeless fan ever since.

I was a major contributor for the Fire Millen.com site and when that came to an end, I was a writer for the Bleacher Report. However, that site has become nothing more than a place for wanna-be sports writers instead of fans wanting to voice about their teams. After writing for them for over 5 years, they decided that I wasn't good enough to write for them anymore.

I researched a lot of sites before setteling on Footballs Future...the reason I hope to be accepted here reminds me a lot of the Fire Millen site where fans just want their teams to do well...a lot of lively debates and what appears to be a self-discipline to treat each other with respect...even if they are a Bears fan.

See you inside!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see another senior statesman in these parts Cool

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully you can find what you need here at FF. I look forward to having a new voice around here.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
thenoilif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, thenoilif here.

Long time FF consumer but now I hope to be able to add to the discussion.
I was born and raised in Lansing, MI but now I'm residing in Bangkok, Thailand.
Been a loyal Lions fan since 1988. Barry Sanders has always been my favorite player and it was his play for the Lions that really got me into football.
I look forward to talking Lions and everything else football with all of you.

Cheers
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the Capitol of a Thailand? BANGKOK!!!

I love that joke.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

It's always nice to see someone new. A fresh perspective is always appreciated.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imBlackSheep

I'm 22 years old and currently attending Eastern Michigan University. I'm currently working on getting my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and hopefully by this time next year I will be on my way to graduating. I've lurked here for some time having viewd mock drafts and this place for whatever reason stuck out. I currently reside Ann Arbor and hopefully I can attend the University of Michigan ofr my Graduates. I look forward to talking lions football with all of you and making some good friends along the way.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imBlackSheep wrote:
imBlackSheep

I'm 22 years old and currently attending Eastern Michigan University. I'm currently working on getting my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and hopefully by this time next year I will be on my way to graduating. I've lurked here for some time having viewd mock drafts and this place for whatever reason stuck out. I currently reside Ann Arbor and hopefully I can attend the University of Michigan ofr my Graduates. I look forward to talking lions football with all of you and making some good friends along the way.

Welcome to the circus! Glad to have you here.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Backus76

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been lurking off and on for years in the offseason, decided to jump on board. 23 year old from Nebraska, my first memory of pro football was the 1997 thanksgiving game and been a Lions fan ever since. Huskers will always be my #1 though. I'm a high school OL coach with the goal of being a high school head coach some day. I spend a lot of time studying various schemes and scouting players so feel free to ask me anything relating to offensive line play.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the boards. Always good to have new opinions. I look forward to the perspectives of a coach.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Arbitrage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Done some lurking around here and tried to register a couple of times but ran into issues.

Born and raised in West MI, and became a football fan in '88, but moved out of state in 1995, taking my love of all things HB&S with me across 5 other states of residence in the interim. Now settled (more or less permanently) in SoCal, but continue to suffer through each and every Lions' game. Some of the suffering is done in sports bars, some at home when I spring for Sunday Ticket. This year is a Sunday Ticket year, thanks to Madden 25.

I prefer my football discussion smack-free (or at least, light on the smack), and try to be balanced in my outlook. I try to avoid blaming refs for losses, but I do hate stupid rules or poor interpretations of rules such as Calvin's catch (and Marcus Pollard, and Samkon Gado's forward fumble, and Suh's hair pull, and Suh's push in Cutler's back, and Schwartz's challenge flag, and...oops, I think my slip is showing).

Anyhow, hope to have some good discussions round these parts.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arbitrage wrote:
Hello all,

Done some lurking around here and tried to register a couple of times but ran into issues.

Born and raised in West MI, and became a football fan in '88, but moved out of state in 1995, taking my love of all things HB&S with me across 5 other states of residence in the interim. Now settled (more or less permanently) in SoCal, but continue to suffer through each and every Lions' game. Some of the suffering is done in sports bars, some at home when I spring for Sunday Ticket. This year is a Sunday Ticket year, thanks to Madden 25.

I prefer my football discussion smack-free (or at least, light on the smack), and try to be balanced in my outlook. I try to avoid blaming refs for losses, but I do hate stupid rules or poor interpretations of rules such as Calvin's catch (and Marcus Pollard, and Samkon Gado's forward fumble, and Suh's hair pull, and Suh's push in Cutler's back, and Schwartz's challenge flag, and...oops, I think my slip is showing).

Welcome to the forums. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the issues impacting the Lions.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Arbitrage wrote:
Hello all,

Welcome to the forums. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the issues impacting the Lions.

Ditto. But be forewarned, us Lions fans here are a feisty bunch - there will be smack talk and especially arguments galore - win, lose, doesnt really matter. Laughing

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Arbitrage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Arbitrage wrote:
Hello all,

Ditto. But be forewarned, us Lions fans here are a feisty bunch - there will be smack talk and especially arguments galore - win, lose, doesnt really matter. Laughing

Ha - no worries. Arguments and smack talk are par for the course on online forums. I typically remain more even-tempered, but am perfectly capable of sifting through others' smack. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 56 of 59

Jump to: