Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you could add one NFL player to the Steelers roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What NFL player would have the biggest impact on the Steelers roster?
Adrian Peterson
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Von Miller
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Patrick Willis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Calvin Johnson
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
J.J. Watt
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Darelle Revis
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Larry Fitzgerald
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Rob Gronkowski
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Richard Sherman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tim Tebow
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

Is Patrick Willis close, wouldn't he fit pretty well with our D??

No.
Yes.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

No.
Yes.

So, what separates the other people from Willis. Also, is CJ considered in the discussion. For me, best fit for our team I'd pick:

1. Von Miller
2. CJ
3. Patrick Willis

Overall:

1. Watt
2. Von Miller
3. CJ
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that I'm not insane and that it wasn't just me that saw everyone sinking to Troofax's level.

Also, it may just be because I'm on my phone, but the picture of the Downs Syndrome child is not visible so thanks for removing it whoever it was.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
byerly724

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe out of everyone in the NFL, the consensus has been Von Miller and Calvin Johnson. I mean don't get me wrong they are both Elite players, but how is adrian peterson not in the discussion more? the dude carried a team to the playoffs on a 2000 yard season with all the focus on him on the offense. I guarentee you that if he was in the back field, big ben could play action all day because he poses that much of a threat to the defense.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byerly724 wrote:
I can't believe out of everyone in the NFL, the consensus has been Von Miller and Calvin Johnson. I mean don't get me wrong they are both Elite players, but how is adrian peterson not in the discussion more? the dude carried a team to the playoffs on a 2000 yard season with all the focus on him on the offense. I guarentee you that if he was in the back field, big ben could play action all day because he poses that much of a threat to the defense.

That's how I feel and why I voted for him. We have a Receiver in Antonio Brown, Plaxico Burress, Jerricho Cotchery and for now, Emmanuel Sanders. Yes, none of them are Calvin Johnson, not even close, but we don't have an elite Running Back, we don't have a consistent running back. A.B. and the others would be more than substantial with AP running the football. That's an offensive attack that people, no matter how much they try, still haven't been able to completely shut down.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byerly724 wrote:

Can't argue with that. He would be a transcendent player in our offense even when he wasn't running the ball. Someone the D could not afford not to account for.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

No.
Yes.

So, what separates the other people from Willis. Also, is CJ considered in the discussion. For me, best fit for our team I'd pick:

1. Von Miller
2. CJ
3. Patrick Willis

Overall:

1. Watt
2. Von Miller
3. CJ

Willis isn't at the top of the heap only because we have much bigger weaknesses than ILB. Remember, we're not comparing Patrick Willis to Larry Foote, we're comparing Patrick Willis to Von Miller here.

if our defensive scheme were different, JJ Watt would be at the top followed very closely by Von Miller and JPP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: