Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taking a Guard at 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thoughts...

Warmack will be a RG in the pros

Justin Hunter will be better than Cordarrelle Patterson

**RIP Steve McNair**
Flylow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Flylow wrote:

Nice list.

The way Wyatt keeps saying we are looking for "bigger" DEs, I'm starting to think we are going after a Dion Jordan or Bjoern Werner type DE. And since I doubt Dion Jordan makes it out of the top 5. I'm starting to think Werner might be the pick at 10, or even if we were to trade down. Since a team could trade up for a OT (Maybe Dolphins jump SD) or WR (like Rams/Vikings), which would make a Werner pick more valuable for those that like to use that value system for picks.

If Werner is indeed the pick, I could easily see this being the Titans draft for the top 3 rounds.

10. Bjoern Werner
40. Desmond Trufant
70. Ryan Swope
97. Brain Winters

Not sure about Werner at 10, but I just have a feeling that is the pick..

I wouldnt mind Werner at #10, but fyi Dion Jordan is not the "big" DE we are looking for we are talking about tall and bigger in terms of muscle and weight. They gave Matt Shaughnessy as an example who happens to be 6'5" 285. While Werner is closer to that Jordan is not he is much more of a 3-4 OLB than a big DE. Guys in the draft that would fit as a bigger DE are Datone Jones, Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine and Margus Hunt.

Yea, I realized that I misspoke about Jordan right after I posted that. I was thinking he was heavier. Not sure why. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Two thoughts...

I agree on both.....Patterson has potential but like I have mentioned before he is the riskiest pick in the first

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Flylow wrote:

Nice list.

The way Wyatt keeps saying we are looking for "bigger" DEs, I'm starting to think we are going after a Dion Jordan or Bjoern Werner type DE. And since I doubt Dion Jordan makes it out of the top 5. I'm starting to think Werner might be the pick at 10, or even if we were to trade down. Since a team could trade up for a OT (Maybe Dolphins jump SD) or WR (like Rams/Vikings), which would make a Werner pick more valuable for those that like to use that value system for picks.

If Werner is indeed the pick, I could easily see this being the Titans draft for the top 3 rounds.

10. Bjoern Werner
40. Desmond Trufant
70. Ryan Swope
97. Brain Winters

Not sure about Werner at 10, but I just have a feeling that is the pick..

I wouldnt mind Werner at #10, but fyi Dion Jordan is not the "big" DE we are looking for we are talking about tall and bigger in terms of muscle and weight. They gave Matt Shaughnessy as an example who happens to be 6'5" 285. While Werner is closer to that Jordan is not he is much more of a 3-4 OLB than a big DE. Guys in the draft that would fit as a bigger DE are Datone Jones, Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine and Margus Hunt.

Yea, I realized that I misspoke about Jordan right after I posted that. I was thinking he was heavier. Not sure why. Confused

Its cool he is a talented player and he is very tall at almost 6'7" but that is not always a good thing. Honestly if we go DE at #10 I am convinced it will be Ziggy Ansah, he fits the mold of bigger DE he is 6'5" 271. If he is not there I think we target Carradine or Hunt in the 2nd.

Props to Kempes ^
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
I wouldnt hate guard at 10 and the only reason that we take Cooper at #10 is if we are not certain that Velasco can cut it because he can play any interior line position. Honestly Warmack is the best player in this draft and if he was a tackle there would be no discussion he would go #1 overall. If we are going G then it should be Warmack.

Cooper is just as big and as strong, but moves better. It would open up so many more plays in my mind.

Pulling plays to the left or right with Levitre and Cooper. Screens.

Cooper adds value with being able to play Center too. While Warmack is just an OG and maybe only an LG? Where we just signed Levitre.

He is a better version of Velasco. Velsaco can play all 3 interior spots too...I don't think Cooper effects Velasco.

Cooper to me, makes more sense for this team. Not saying he is the better OG, even though its 1A and 1B to me... just Cooper is the better fit for our team and our zone based scheme.
Warmack is more power run based.

O I dont disagree that Cooper is more versatile and a better fit for the scheme, to me its just tough to pass on the best player in this draft. I would love to move down a couple spots and get Cooper but I just think that Warmack is the only guard that could be considered a top 10 pick.

One thing about trading back is, we can't take it for granted, especially this year. If we decide to trade down like some of us want to do, we got to be extra careful who we trade with and how far we drop. There are a few other teams looking for help on their O-line like the Cowboys and Colts and would jump at the chance to snatch Warmack or Cooper. I think the Colts are mainly looking for an OT, but I know the Cowboys are gunning for an OG. Now if the price is right (REALLY right), we could risk trading spots with the Cowboys IF taking an OG in the 1st is not our priority or we're sure that we can still get either Warmack, Cooper or whoever we're eyeballing at that spot. With all the moves we made in the FA market, this draft ought the be pretty interesting because we gave ourselves a lot of flexibility.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Two thoughts...

I agree on both.....Patterson has potential but like I have mentioned before he is the riskiest pick in the first

I don't understand how some people consider Justin Hunter to be a 2nd round pick. He's a freaking clone of AJ Green. He out produced Patterson as a WR coming off a torn ACL. Had a 70 catch 1000 yd season too.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Two thoughts...

I don't understand how some people consider Justin Hunter to be a 2nd round pick. He's a freaking clone of AJ Green. He out produced Patterson as a WR coming off a torn ACL. Had a 70 catch 1000 yd season too.

Honestly I think he will be picked after Patterson, Austin and Allen. The only player that I would take before him is Austin but thats because he may be the greatest slot receiver in the making. Hunter will be a late 1st or early 2nd. I would love to see us move down and get him, he would be insurance if Britt takes off.

Props to Kempes ^
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Two thoughts...

Eh, he's a rather poor man's AJ Green in terms of polish. His routes need work, and his hands can be suspect at times.

BUT...his athleticism is nuts.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
I wouldnt hate guard at 10 and the only reason that we take Cooper at #10 is if we are not certain that Velasco can cut it because he can play any interior line position. Honestly Warmack is the best player in this draft and if he was a tackle there would be no discussion he would go #1 overall. If we are going G then it should be Warmack.

Cooper is just as big and as strong, but moves better. It would open up so many more plays in my mind.

Pulling plays to the left or right with Levitre and Cooper. Screens.

Cooper adds value with being able to play Center too. While Warmack is just an OG and maybe only an LG? Where we just signed Levitre.

He is a better version of Velasco. Velsaco can play all 3 interior spots too...I don't think Cooper effects Velasco.

Cooper to me, makes more sense for this team. Not saying he is the better OG, even though its 1A and 1B to me... just Cooper is the better fit for our team and our zone based scheme.
Warmack is more power run based.

O I dont disagree that Cooper is more versatile and a better fit for the scheme, to me its just tough to pass on the best player in this draft. I would love to move down a couple spots and get Cooper but I just think that Warmack is the only guard that could be considered a top 10 pick.

One thing about trading back is, we can't take it for granted, especially this year. If we decide to trade down like some of us want to do, we got to be extra careful who we trade with and how far we drop. There are a few other teams looking for help on their O-line like the Cowboys and Colts and would jump at the chance to snatch Warmack or Cooper. I think the Colts are mainly looking for an OT, but I know the Cowboys are gunning for an OG. Now if the price is right (REALLY right), we could risk trading spots with the Cowboys IF taking an OG in the 1st is not our priority or we're sure that we can still get either Warmack, Cooper or whoever we're eyeballing at that spot. With all the moves we made in the FA market, this draft ought the be pretty interesting because we gave ourselves a lot of flexibility.

I completely disagree with you if Star, Ziggy and Milliner are gone when we pick we need to automatically trade down at least once if not twice. Our biggest problem is we lack depth everywhere. I honestly would love to see us do a trade with the 49ers and get ahold of their 1st, 2nd(KC), 2nd, 4th and a future pick. In that scenario we can take Justin Hunter at the end of the first, get Warford with KCs pick in the 2nd and target Tank Carradine, Margus Hunt, Johnathan Banks or Desmond Trufant with our 2nd. This is the deepest draft in NFL history we must take advantage of it. Honestly I think add as many picks as possible and stockpile talent. Depth will help us win, and more picks and depth allow us to gamble on players that could be big time talents.

Props to Kempes ^
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Two thoughts...

ohhh now its the 1st? b4 it was the whole draft Wink Laughing

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Two thoughts...

ohhh now its the 1st? b4 it was the whole draft Wink Laughing

To put it this way I wouldnt take him before the mid 2nd. So a player that is talked about as a potential top 10 pick and has as many red flags....yea he is the biggest risk in the entire draft.

Props to Kempes ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: