Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical situation: Ben suddenly retires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3682
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Honestly.. if Ben suddenly retired, I'd await the Raiders cutting Carson Palmer and then sign him. He'd be the best available option to get us to the 2014 Draft. THEN I'd take the BPA QB.


Baaarrf!! Palmer equals a big hell nawl!!
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mosteelers


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 1347
Location: Washington State
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ben was traded for two first round picks, when there is an outstanding QB class, I would be ecstatic just because I don't like him.

However, if he retired it would be devastating. Losing our best player in the most important position. I think we should ride out the year with Gradkowski and bring in another guy. Has Moore signed or get Kolb. We don't throw down the field much so Kolb can run a quick reading short passing game and his arm won't be as much of a liability.

Draft someone next year. Hopefullly, Bridgewater.
_________________

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13014
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Honestly.. if Ben suddenly retired, I'd await the Raiders cutting Carson Palmer and then sign him. He'd be the best available option to get us to the 2014 Draft. THEN I'd take the BPA QB.


Baaarrf!! Palmer equals a big hell nawl!!



Thats true, my point was Id sign an FA, Hasselbeck, Kolb, Someone like that, anyome to get throigh a single season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lionslicer


Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 1809
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Palmer, tank the season, draft a quarterback with high draft pick in 2014.
_________________
Kickers are people too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13014
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
Sign Palmer, tank the season, draft a quarterback with high draft pick in 2014.


I don't want to tank the season but if we came out of this draft with an excellent class of rookies, I'd be happy...if we unfortunately landed a top 10 draft pick next season.. I wouldn't be devastated. Having said that, I'm sticking to my "Division Winners, next two seasons" prediction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rygar


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 999
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just prepare for the 2013 season and then draft a QB with the inevitable top-10 draft pick to come.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9979
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Ben retired? I'd trade or cut Ike, Woodley, and Heath to reduce the cap and I'd start Dennis Dixon. I'd run Dwyer 35x per game, and if he tried to tap out of the game, I'd tell Dixon to run the no-huddle hurry-up.

My draft targets would include

1. Offense - DeAndre Hopkins, Johnathan Franklin, Da'rick Rodgers, Vance McDonald, Dave Quessenberry/Alvin Bailey, Kenny Stills,

2. Defense - Alex Okafor, Jon Bostic, Jamie Collins, Xavier Rhodes, PHliip Thomas,

then next year draft Clowney with the 1.01, switch to the 4-3, and figure it all out from there. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
if Ben retired? I'd trade or cut Ike, Woodley, and Heath to reduce the cap and I'd start Dennis Dixon. I'd run Dwyer 35x per game, and if he tried to tap out of the game, I'd tell Dixon to run the no-huddle hurry-up.

My draft targets would include

1. Offense - DeAndre Hopkins, Johnathan Franklin, Da'rick Rodgers, Vance McDonald, Dave Quessenberry/Alvin Bailey, Kenny Stills,

2. Defense - Alex Okafor, Jon Bostic, Jamie Collins, Xavier Rhodes, PHliip Thomas,

then next year draft Clowney with the 1.01, switch to the 4-3, and figure it all out from there. Smile


Same defensive line coach with Mitchell?? Maybe he could tell our 4 down lineman to play patty-cake too!!! Very Happy Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group