Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

March Madness Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yay or Nay?
yay
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
nay
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: March Madness Mock Reply with quote

Revis will be traded to TB. The way i see it going is we get their 1st and 3rd. TB gets their stud CB and Idzik gets his wish to build his own team. I just can't see it going any other way!

Jet's will originally own 1.09, 1.13, 2.39, 3.72, 3.73, 4.106, 5.08. 6.10, and 7.09

There is no way they draft straight through. I'll do one trade down, even though its likely Idzik does more.
Trade 1.13 to Dallas (they wanna get their hands on cooper or warmack) we get 1.18 and 3.80

1.09 - Ziggy Ansah DE/OLB - This kid needs to be a NYJ. He is a physical specimen with the versatility that can really be useful in Rex's schemes. DE in our 4-3 front, OLB in 3-4 he can do it all. He is strong against the run and will develop into a monster pass rusher along side Mo and Co. I had my questions about him at first, but listen we are not winning the SB this year and probably not the year after. He has time to develop and hone his talents.

1.18 - Keenan Allen WR - Jets need a receiver to open things up and Keenan Allen is a polished route runner who catches the ball with his HANDS. Who knows how Holmes returns from that injury and our receiving core is pretty baren with an injured holmes and a still developing Hill. We need a dependable target for whoever is QB.

2.09 - Matt Elam S - Aggresive, hard hitter gives us a presence in the middle of the field we are lacking with loss of Landry. Will step in and start from day one and addresses a huge need.

3.72 - Travis Kelce TE - **fingers crossed** I hope he's still on the board. This kid is a reliable blocker has good hands and can be a great target for whoever is chuckin it next year. Wanted to go TE earlier, but Kelce is great value in the early third.

3.73 - Phillip Thomas FS - Yes I'm going safety in 2 out of 3 consecutive picks and I dont care who knows it! When you have gronk and hernandez in your division you gotta be able to cover TEs. This pick sures up our secondary so we don't have to watch the Jets get burned every sunday by TEs (even Landry didnt help too much with that)

3.80 - Brian Winters OG - Whether fans want to admit it or not, G is a huge need for the Jets. Without a run game our QB next year will not be successful. Winters is a tough kid and having played OT in college is athletic enough to get out on screens but has enough size to be a dominant run blocker.

4.106 - Matt Scott QB - I think this pick is more than just a mid-round flier. Matt Scott is a talented QB with a good arm and great mobility (a trend in the NFL, if anyone hasnt noticed). Keeps a level head under pressure and makes quick decisions. I like him to the Jets in april.

5.08 - Michael Buchanan OLB - Played a lot of DE in college but is much more suited for OLB. As a matter of fact, i think he is seriously underrated and is going to develop into a solid rotational player within 2 years.

6.10 - Zac Stacy
7.09 - AJ Francis

Last edited by mikejets22 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Address OG, OLB, WR and safety.

However, we're putting faith in some unproven RB's.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:

lol, what RB in this years draft is "proven"??

I love your draft man

Ansah, Allen, Kelce, Elam, Winters, Matt Scott and Zac Stacy?

love ALL those guys....

not a big phillip thomas fan, i think a centerfielder is overrated

But i love the rest
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:

I hear that man, RB I do think is an issue, and I wanted to draft a Bernard or Ellington in rd 2 ... or a Michael in round 4... But I couldn't squeeze it in lol. Some of the other needs were more pressing, IMO
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

lol, what RB in this years draft is "proven"??

I love your draft man

Ansah, Allen, Kelce, Elam, Winters, Matt Scott and Zac Stacy?

love ALL those guys....

not a big phillip thomas fan, i think a centerfielder is overrated

But i love the rest

Was a toss up between Thomas and Swearinger. I only picked Thomas bc i think Swearinger is gonna end up going earlier than people think. If he's on the board, I go him over thomas 10x outta 10.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

I hear that man, RB I do think is an issue, and I wanted to draft a Bernard or Ellington in rd 2 ... or a Michael in round 4... But I couldn't squeeze it in lol. Some of the other needs were more pressing, IMO

I like it we can hold off on RB there we just signed one that has potential I'd rather roll with that back field than a terrible safety tandem.
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done man. One of my favorite mocks this year.

In an ideal world I'd like to hope that we could make another solid starter at S out of Josh Bush or Antonio Allen; and use that pick on a CB or RB (instead of Thomas that is).

That said I can't really complain.

I'm not sure which pass-rusher I want at 9 (all I know is I don't want Jarvis Jones), but I'd be fine with Ansah I think.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Well done man. One of my favorite mocks this year.

In an ideal world I'd like to hope that we could make another solid starter at S out of Josh Bush or Antonio Allen; and use that pick on a CB or RB (instead of Thomas that is).

That said I can't really complain.

I'm not sure which pass-rusher I want at 9 (all I know is I don't want Jarvis Jones), but I'd be fine with Ansah I think.

I was on the fence with Ansah for a long, long while. Then one day I was watching him play and it just hit me. He lined up everywhere and was effective. He faced constant double teams and chips and still made plays. He is so athletic and versatile I just love what he can bring to the table. Sky high ceiling with so much room to grow. If he's at 9, I dont think we can pass on him.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott will be gone by the early third round but otherwise I like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: