Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stephen Hill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to lean to catch the ball with his hands not his body.


Key had the same issue when he was drafted.

You can't teach his skill set, but you can teach him to catch a ball clean.

I hope we bring in DHB.

If so when we go 4 wide we could have a nice 4 WR set
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 2226
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree, i hate that he is a body catcher, i think if he can change that over the offseason it would be a huge step forward for him.

DHB would be a nice signing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16636
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Hill could spend an offseason with someone like Larry Fitzgerald. He is one of the absolute best at finding the ball at its highest point and bringing it in with his hands.

DHB would be a good depth signing, but we shouldn't view him as an answer if Hill still doesn't develop well.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7669
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a rare stephen Hill rookie card with his autograph & warn jersey patch on it. Hopefully it will be worth some money in the long run. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
werds35


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 449
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill might not have so hard a time catching the ball if the balls were thrown to catchable spots. ie. not behind him!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tinoynk


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3331
Location: UWS Manhattan, NYC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill was pretty frustrating last year, but as most have said we knew what we were getting and expecting anything more would have been pretty unreasonable. But that being said, his first game was just such a tease. The rest of the season was poor for pretty much every reason imaginable. First he got hurt, then he dropped a bunch of open catches, then he got open pretty regularly but Mark wouldn't (or maybe couldn't) throw to him. It makes sense that he wouldn't have confidence in him, but I suppose its a good sign that he was able to get free.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 538
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
Hill was pretty frustrating last year, but as most have said we knew what we were getting and expecting anything more would have been pretty unreasonable. But that being said, his first game was just such a tease. The rest of the season was poor for pretty much every reason imaginable. First he got hurt, then he dropped a bunch of open catches, then he got open pretty regularly but Mark wouldn't (or maybe couldn't) throw to him. It makes sense that he wouldn't have confidence in him, but I suppose its a good sign that he was able to get free.


Trust me Mark Sanchez was more a hinderance to Stephen Hill's development than Stephen Hill himself. It is hard to develop when you have erratic Quaterback running for his dear life half the time. Stephen definately needs to work on his route running and pass catching skills. But Mark Sanchez is the bigger problem at this point
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I wish Hill could spend an offseason with someone like Larry Fitzgerald. He is one of the absolute best at finding the ball at its highest point and bringing it in with his hands.

DHB would be a good depth signing, but we shouldn't view him as an answer if Hill still doesn't develop well.


Or how about Megatorn or D. Thomas? Former GT Alum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7669
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I wish Hill could spend an offseason with someone like Larry Fitzgerald. He is one of the absolute best at finding the ball at its highest point and bringing it in with his hands.

DHB would be a good depth signing, but we shouldn't view him as an answer if Hill still doesn't develop well.


Or how about Megatorn or D. Thomas? Former GT Alum.


That would be cool to see happen. Megatron had bad hands until his senior year in high school and got much better at GT.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group