Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woody Johnson talks about Revis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Woody Johnson talks about Revis Reply with quote

Just saw on the NFL Network Woody Johnson talk before the NFL meetings today. Sounds like if he is going to get traded it will happen in the next few days. Johnson said he would like for Revis to stay as a jet and keep repeating he never left he is still a jet. I get the felling the jets showed Revis that no NFL team is going to give him 16 mill and he needs to settle for less. I think him staying as a jet has gone up a lot in the last few days.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Woody Johnson talks about Revis Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I think him staying as a jet has gone up a lot in the last few days.

I hope so.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, considering Idzik's mentality so far, I don't think Revis will be a jet. Seems like he's trying to cut costs as much as possible to free up future cap. Granted, we'll have a lot of cap next year, but I can't see Revis getting 16 mil of it.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest I like the stone cold GM. He is sending a message to the rest of the team right now. Hopefully this will be a shift in the Jets culture.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone wants us to have Revis, at the right price. The supposed 14-16 million a year he wants is just too high for this team right now. Maybe if he lowers his demands we can work out a deal.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I think everyone wants us to have Revis, at the right price. The supposed 14-16 million a year he wants is just too high for this team right now. Maybe if he lowers his demands we can work out a deal.

7 years/77M, 45M guaranteed

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

He's averaged about 11.5 million a year so far I think I read somewhere? If that's the case I wouldn't go over 12-13 a year for him. Who knows if they are even willing to go that high though.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

He's averaged about 11.5 million a year so far I think I read somewhere? If that's the case I wouldn't go over 12-13 a year for him. Who knows if they are even willing to go that high though.

I cant see how Revis doesn't take that deal, 45M guaranteed is usually the value of a good CB's total contract

the issue is always going to be guaranteed money, 50M would be the most I'd give out to Revis

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are all right about a 10-13 mill a year contract Revis will get. I still think he signs with the jets unless someone lets go of a 1st and a 2nd or 2 first round picks. I think Revis had a rude awaking when no one in the NFL was going to give him that money. He basically out priced himself out of the NFL.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I think you are all right about a 10-13 mill a year contract Revis will get. I still think he signs with the jets unless someone lets go of a 1st and a 2nd or 2 first round picks. I think Revis had a rude awaking when no one in the NFL was going to give him that money. He basically out priced himself out of the NFL.

It's not so much that he priced himself out because teams are willing to pay him it's that teams are not willing to trade fair compensations for an injured player and pay him that much. If he leaves as a FA then he will get his money.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

It's not so much that he priced himself out because teams are willing to pay him it's that teams are not willing to trade fair compensations for an injured player and pay him that much. If he leaves as a FA then he will get his money.

I also think he never expected 16M its negotiating procedure to ask for more than you want to truly get what you're seeking

13M is his target pay day but he wont get it if thats all he asks for, for example

ask for 16M, get 13M plus a nice chunk of guaranteed money in the biggest market where his Nike contract is most valuable

skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say I love what Idzik is doing so far. Us posters have broken down our cap situation time and time again and came to a general consensus of what needed to be done and Idzik followed that almost to a tee. We knew we were losing Landry and Keller and that we couldn't afford any big time free agents. I'm glad he didn't overpay for guys like Kruger and Avril and instead landed a guy with just as many career sacks as those guys for 3 years/$4 million. Then he goes and adds a speedy RB that fits the ZBS wonderfully and gets him on the cheap because he identified a talented player that was never given much playing time. He managed to retain Howard and Cumberland who both showed promise last year and will at the very least be a stopgap at their position. He was able to get Holmes and Cro to restructure, which tells me he is implementing a team first attitude. And to top it all off I love the way he is handling this Revis trade. The rookie was thrown into the fire right away and isn't backing down to a vet like Dominik, and it looks as if we will come away with a decent haul. I can't wait to see what he does in the draft and with all our cap space in 2014.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
sharpy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with skrill. Get control of the cap and build a solid foundation from the draft. Miami is a perfect example of what not to do this year. A solid and improving team last year, thanks to using the draft, and spending money wisely. Now they're spending like drunken sailors. For what? To be 10-6 next year. As to Revis. I could never understand why they front loaded his contract. Perhaps one of you wise Rolling Eyes people can explain that to me but I believe this has created half the problem. I don't understand the logic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: