Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coach's Mock vol. 3: Road to a Dependable D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Coach's Mock vol. 3: Road to a Dependable D Reply with quote

Brent Grimes- Gone, wants too much money at 30

Captain Munnerlyn- We sign away a decent corner from Carolina because they shouldn't have nice things.

Matt Ryan restructures deal to 6 years/$140mil to relieve a few mil off the cap this year

Draft

Atlanta trades #30 overall to Buffalo for #41 & #71. Kept this trade the same from my last mock. Buffalo could possibly grab Geno Smith with their first-rounder, but I think he either doesn't make it there or they take someone like Patterson and trade back into the first, kicking off the run on QB's in the second.

Round 2, 41
Tank Carradine DE, Florida State
Excellent pass rusher, assuming he returns to pre-injury form. I'm just really high on this guy lately. Would like to grab Jessie Williams here, but Tank won't be there at 60 and he's a more pressing need. Another pick staying the same from my last mock. This is not the last DE we draft, nor should it be.

Round 2, 60
Sly Williams DT, UNC
A violent pocket-pusher, we get a replacement for Swagger Vance and try to create an actual D Line that people won't laugh at.

Round 3, 71
Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB, Rutgers- I swear, the mock gets different at some point. But ALL I WANT IS A CORNER OVER 5'10"! Seriously, can we get at least one?

Round 3, 92
Quanterus Smith DE, WKU
Like Tank, Q was very highly touted before his injury. With significant time to heal, and an NFL strength and conditioning program, these two may just become the bookends of the future.

Round 4, 124
Zaviar Gooden LB, Mizzou
Great coverage backer.

Round 4, 136- COMP
Marquise Goodwin WR, Texas
An absolute speedster that I think will develop nicely.

Round 5, 156
Kwame Geathers DT, Georgia
Atlanta finally gets a porker in the middle. We take a second tackle because of Babineaux's looming free agency in 2014.

*After this, I haven't the slightest clue.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed

Last edited by CoachFunk7 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. I really don't see us trading back. Trading back is for teams with no huge holes, and we have some to fill. I think we would trade up before we would trade back..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Gamble retired from football. lol
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 years 140 million lmaoooo Laughing Yeah no way that happens. Ryan is only counting 10 million towards the cap this season. That kind of contract would kill the Falcons and their future.
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Not bad. I really don't see us trading back. Trading back is for teams with no huge holes, and we have some to fill. I think we would trade up before we would trade back..

Valid point, but I just think we are in that awkward part of the draft where there are no justifiable pass rushers, and we may not want to reach for one. At least in the first round.

FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
6 years 140 million lmaoooo Laughing Yeah no way that happens. Ryan is only counting 10 million towards the cap this season. That kind of contract would kill the Falcons and their future.

Agreed Very Happy Also why would ryan get 20 more million than what Flaaco got. At this point in time the avg person considers Flaaco the better QB although i don't but still 20 more million than Flaaco and 40 more million than Brees is insane by anyones standards.

Ryan should get around a 6 yrs 100 to 120 million dollar deal according to if he wants to help the team more or get more money.

As far as the draft goes it's not to bad i like the trade back i like most of the picks except the CB he just doesn't look that impressive to me.

Gamble retired from the nfl so he is done gotta find you a new CB in FA Smile
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock a lot. 2 De's and 2 DT's... good job. Looking into next years draft, DT will be a big need. Our 2014 DT status: babs contact will be up and 32 years old, we just lost walker, peria jerry's contract is up, and corey peters will be in a contract year, and the jury is out on robertson.

Just replace Gamble with an active player.
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I meant Captain Munnerlyn. Not sure why I put Chris Gamble lol. I'll fix that up.

SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoachFunk, I like the DB Slay from MST in rounds 2/3 .... your thoughts on him? Or you big on this UCONN Wreh-Wilson?
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spicy, I actually didn't think of him when making my mock. I guess since we lost Dunta it would be good to add another physical corner with run support abilities. But Wreh-Wilson seems to have better ball skills, so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I would be pretty happy with either of them, to be honest.

FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
CoachFunk, I like the DB Slay from MST in rounds 2/3 .... your thoughts on him? Or you big on this UCONN Wreh-Wilson?

Im with you on this one Spicy. Slay is probably one of the better CB's i like he is def. near the top of the list. Wilson im actually not to fond of much.

My problem with wilson is he is a zone corner type of player but yet doesn't have the makeup speed and closing speed to play zone that well. In the nfl that will get him burned alot.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Im with you on this one Spicy. Slay is probably one of the better CB's i like he is def. near the top of the list. Wilson im actually not to fond of much.

My problem with wilson is he is a zone corner type of player but yet doesn't have the makeup speed and closing speed to play zone that well. In the nfl that will get him burned alot.

Id also really be great with Slay in round 3, but I just can't see him lasting that long... He's my favorite 2-3 round CB though. If he did slide it would be a great pick, but you can't bank on guys sliding in the draft..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: