Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade back for Tavon Austin in the 1st?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Cosell's take on Tavon:

Quote:
If NFL is passing/space league, why is WVU Austin not top 10 pick. Most explosive playmaker in draft. Can align anywhere. Matchup nightmare.

https://twitter.com/gregcosell/status/314182474165014528

I'm not sure if he'd actually go top 10, but it is starting to look like if the Steelers wanted to take Austin they'd have to trade up rather than down. I'm hoping this just results in us getting someone like Jarvis in the first and Hunter or Williams or someone later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent-wise, Tavon austin is best among this class. I absolutely love the kid...

However for the steelers, Big Ben needs taller receiver more than we would like. If this was matt ryan or tom brady (accurate qbs) i'd be down.

Admittly, i'd be okay with tavon Austin if we pick up a not so tall but plenty in mid-rounds (aaron mellette come to mind). But with draft being unpredictable, it'd be a huge gamble.
Troofax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade up? You kidding me? He's a slot receiver. He's a great one, he's a football player,a mismatch, he could help many teams, but it won't be ours. The Rams will go Patterson,Allen, or Hopkins. Fischer likes to draft guys that make him look smart,likes to be different so maybe that greasy jackass would pull the trigger. 28-40 more likely. Any other year no chance.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin at 17 would be fine...he's a weapon and a playmaker on an offense that desperately needs one.

My concern would be with him...more with if Haley would use him right.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Austin at 17 would be fine...he's a weapon and a playmaker on an offense that desperately needs one.

You're right that he's a playmaker, but I do think that we need a bigger target, a taller, bigger WR. I do agree that he's a slot receiver, I don't feel that he's a #1 WR, and that is something we do not have right now on this football team.
Troofax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Might as well grab the best white RB, a couple more white olinemen, and a full of himself overrated,injury prone QB.....oh,wait. 82 skins reincarnated.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

You're right that he's a playmaker, but I do think that we need a bigger target, a taller, bigger WR. I do agree that he's a slot receiver, I don't feel that he's a #1 WR, and that is something we do not have right now on this football team.
i think size is overrated with wrs as I've said many times. Speed, quickness, ability to get separation and of course good hands is more important.

I'm not saying size doesn't matter but there are certainly great wrs in the league that are 6' or smaller and they've been great for a while.

It's a "want" not a "need" Wink

Also the team does have Plaxico Burress so it's not like its all shrimps out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Might as well grab the best white RB, a couple more white olinemen, and a full of himself overrated,injury prone QB.....oh,wait. 82 skins reincarnated.

I fail to understand how the color of a players skin is relevant to anything anyone has said thus far.

turtle28 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

i think size is overrated with wrs as I've said many times. Speed, quickness, ability to get separation and of course good hands is more important.

I'm not saying size doesn't matter but there are certainly great wrs in the league that are 6' or smaller and they've been great for a while.

It's a "want" not a "need" Wink

Also the team does have Plaxico Burress so it's not like its all shrimps out there.

Well, that's a fair point turtle, if Austin could consistently get open and make big plays, that's a very fair point. My only concern when it comes to size, truly, is that we play in a very physical division, perhaps the most physical division in the league. When he isn't wide open, how effective will he be against DBs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: