Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders give LB Rolando McClain permission to seek trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
McKenzie cutting DHB and Huff was a sign of respect for there efforts, but McClain will be afforded no such luxury.

He will be let go right before training camp when his value is almost nothing, and he probably won't play this year, he going to lose a ton of money over this...................and all i can do is Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is why the Raiders put it in his agents hands to find his client a team and most likely will have to promise a pay cut or risk his client not catching on with another if we dont actaully release him until training camp. Atmost it will probably be a 6th but hey something better than nothing.

A move like this has alot to do with this retard. Giving him permission allows him and his agent to waste his own time and effort. May possibly net the team something. Doesn't require McKenzie to do this guy any favors at all..

As if McKenzie doesn't aready have an idea of the guy's value.. But it puts the ball in McClain's court.

To the guys bitching not two days ago about why McClain hasn't been cut, I reiterate what does it do for the Raiders' sake in cutting him immediately? Nothing. It can be dragged out as long as A. he doesn't interfere with the team, and B. the team needs him off the books. And considering the cap hit for release is actually slightly in excess of the salary he's due (meaning either way there is no way to clear any extra cap space off of him), the only time to cut him is before he is actually paid any of his salary. We have no idea when that is, today or September 1st. That's the only point at which he must be cut.
So screw him if he has to wait 5 months and have a hard time catching on with someone else. Why rush to do him any favors when he crapped all over this team and organization?

This trade nonsense is great. It's like McKenzie is telling a little kid, here's a toy to keep you occupied now get lost.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Boldin is good.

Of course, how does that have anything to do with it?

It was simply an example of a team who is willing to trade for a player while knowing he would be released in order to prevent someone else from signing him as a free-agent.

True but I don't think anyone would lose sleep if hey missed out on McClain.

Again, of course, there was no compression made.

It was purely an example of the scenario happening in the NFL.

The scenario you brought up involves a player who just won a SB and performed at a very high level throughout the playoffs. On the other hand, we have Rolando McClain who isn't very good as a player and a nighmare off the field. Surely, it has to make a difference.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
McKenzie cutting DHB and Huff was a sign of respect for there efforts, but McClain will be afforded no such luxury.

He will be let go right before training camp when his value is almost nothing, and he probably won't play this year, he going to lose a ton of money over this...................and all i can do is Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is why the Raiders put it in his agents hands to find his client a team and most likely will have to promise a pay cut or risk his client not catching on with another if we dont actaully release him until training camp. Atmost it will probably be a 6th but hey something better than nothing.

A move like this has alot to do with this retard. Giving him permission allows him and his agent to waste his own time and effort. May possibly net the team something. Doesn't require McKenzie to do this guy any favors at all..

As if McKenzie doesn't aready have an idea of the guy's value.. But it puts the ball in McClain's court.

To the guys bitching not two days ago about why McClain hasn't been cut, I reiterate what does it do for the Raiders' sake in cutting him immediately? Nothing. It can be dragged out as long as A. he doesn't interfere with the team, and B. the team needs him off the books. And considering the cap hit for release is actually slightly in excess of the salary he's due (meaning either way there is no way to clear any extra cap space off of him), the only time to cut him is before he is actually paid any of his salary. We have no idea when that is, today or September 1st. That's the only point at which he must be cut.
So screw him if he has to wait 5 months and have a hard time catching on with someone else. Why rush to do him any favors when he crapped all over this team and organization?

This trade nonsense is great. It's like McKenzie is telling a little kid, here's a toy to keep you occupied now get lost.

There is but not with a trade which imo means McClain's agent better come back to the Raiders with a good trade offer that would justify the dead money hit for 2013.
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call every 3-4 team and say a conditional 2014 draft pick based on his performance. Fair for both sides.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens, pitt or sf

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Soooo, who's going to trade for him if they know he's getting released?

either way....

a team that wants to make sure they get him and don't have to worry about competing in fa with other teams...

Who's going to trade for one of the worst MLB in the nfl
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad McKenzie isn't the reactionary some would like him to be. I hope he does get some ROI. People forget that the Raiders are changing their image but there is some residual "Well he played for the Raiders" out.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
3 MILE LYLE wrote:
Imo no team will trade a pick this year. I see conditional pick in 14

Cant get a conditional pick on a player you cut.

Thatis conditional from the team trading for him. Not compensatory from the league.

If a team trades for him it may be for a pick in 2014, is what I think 3 MILE meant.

I have a feeling that if he is not traded by draft weekend he may be cut on June 1st. Screw him. He can try to catch on somewhere late.

Yes conditional, don't pay us for him yet. Pay us in 14 with whoever ur practice squad lb may be. So long as a team is willing to take his contract its addition by sub.
Roninho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we trade him do we then still get a cap penalty?

If we don't get a cap penalty in a trade i would trade him for a conditional 7th to be received if he makes the probowl next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we play serious hard ball to - personally I think unless we are oftered a 4th rounder we say no, the idea is this makes Rolando realise he has serious messed up his career (& I'm hoping he appologises properly to DA/RM, and us all, enough to give him a second chance...probably no chance of this though)

....has Rolando said anything recently related to us?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not directed at one person.

However if we are truly playing hardball, trying to finish the ruin of his career, trying to make it hard for him to latch onto another team, etc than this organization is truly faltering. Why waste so much time and effort for one guy who wont be with you either way? It would be counterproductive to the team and to getting future FA from wanting to come here. Nobody wants to go somewhere were they treat people with spite.

With that said neither Reggie or DA come off that way. So I think it is as it was all along. Try and trade him and release as necessary but not to soon until you see how our roster develops and how roster's across the league develop. While many fans may want to inflict pain, cause harm or what have you I doubt these are the intentions of the organization. If it is they are simply just as childish imo. Regardless if you like the guy or not.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

However if we are truly playing hardball, trying to finish the ruin of his career, trying to make it hard for him to latch onto another team, etc than this organization is truly faltering. Why waste so much time and effort for one guy who wont be with you either way? It would be counterproductive to the team and to getting future FA from wanting to come here. Nobody wants to go somewhere were they treat people with spite.

With that said neither Reggie or DA come off that way. So I think it is as it was all along. Try and trade him and release as necessary but not to soon until you see how our roster develops and how roster's across the league develop. While many fans may want to inflict pain, cause harm or what have you I doubt these are the intentions of the organization. If it is they are simply just as childish imo. Regardless if you like the guy or not.

Good post. Yeah, he's a creep but that's not a good reason to try to ruin his life. I'm sure helping him isn't high on the list of things to do though. I get the feeling we're just gonna take care of him when we take care of him. As long as it doesn't make a difference to what it costs us, who cares?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Boldin is good.

Of course, how does that have anything to do with it?

It was simply an example of a team who is willing to trade for a player while knowing he would be released in order to prevent someone else from signing him as a free-agent.

True but I don't think anyone would lose sleep if hey missed out on McClain.

Again, of course, there was no compression made.

It was purely an example of the scenario happening in the NFL.

The scenario you brought up involves a player who just won a SB and performed at a very high level throughout the playoffs. On the other hand, we have Rolando McClain who isn't very good as a player and a nighmare off the field. Surely, it has to make a difference.

What are you talking about? i said no compression made. I in no way compared Boldin the player/person to McClain the player/person.

A question was asked about why would a team in general would trade for a player who they know could be released and the answer was in order to prevent a different team from signing him as a free-agent. I simply wrote about one example in general when that happened recently.

Why are you wrongly trying to make the post into something it's wasn't?
Tom Brady Tribute
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Good post. Yeah, he's a creep but that's not a good reason to try to ruin his life. I'm sure helping him isn't high on the list of things to do though. I get the feeling we're just gonna take care of him when we take care of him. As long as it doesn't make a difference to what it costs us, who cares?

Yes, that is a good way to put it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: