Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have stopped reading at "I'm only 20 years old." Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the worst posts I've seen in these forums.
raiders707

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact were looking at players that are either 2-7 round picks and have been producing and are hungry for a starter spot that they must earn. So far that has been the way on defense.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
This is such a crock of [REMOVED].... 'Give him more time... He needs more time...' What bad team won't get better, eventually, given enough time? I'm not expecting buddy to turn water to wine... but a little improvement, even just on paper would be much [REMOVED] appreciated...

To the rm supporters... Seems your #1 defense is 'he came into a bad situation'.... Understood.... He came into a bad situation... It was undeniably a better situation than what he's had a hand in creating... Not expecting a Super Bowl, just improvements, regardless of how marginal they are... Have not seen a single one... IMO we were better the season before rm got here than we were last season, and we were probably better last season than were gonna be this season.... Not acceptable. A good gm isn't one that can build a team with an abundance of the two most important resources... Time and money. Given time and money, IMHO most of us on this site could build a dynasty... A good gm is one that can build a team without an abundance of either time or money... Because that's the reality every gm in the Nfl faces basically....

We're basically defending him for forgetting to uncheck the 'salary cap' and 'supersim' boxes before he started working here....

Last point:.... A bad move is better than no move... Not unimpressed with moves rm has made... Unimpressed with the lack of moves he's made

attack_in_s/b, you've been here long enough you know not to use language like that and attempt to get around the filters. This is a warning. Certainly is fine to be heated and not like what McKenzie is doing, but please disagree respectfully.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
What kind of comparison is that... He's an nfl gm, I'm a 20 year old economics major... A reasonable person wouldn't compare him to me... A reasonable person would compare him to other gms... Given that I have no experience as a gm, working with an nfl team, or anything comparable outside of some university classes... Still pretty positive I could have signed some papers to cut some players.... That's all Reggie has done....

To answer your question, what moves would I make... I'd look at a guy like freeney, price pending. I'd look at trading for guys with injury history but are game changers when they're healthy... If they stay healthy you got a steal... Jon beason comes to mind, Brian orakpo, etc... I'd start talking to teams in cap crises, they are more likely to ship a guy out cheap (ie boldin)... Id look at teams that were under achievers and more willing to trade guys... Woodley on pit comes to mind. Austin in Dallas comes to mind. Santonio in ny comes to mind.... I'd look for teams that have depth at a position and a lot if money invested in it.... MacLin on Philly comes to mind seeing as Jackson's contract is gonna make it difficult to resign a guy like MacLin. I'd look at trading for a guy like Aaron Hernandez. I'd look at trading for a guy like earl Thomas... Got a contract coming up as well as every other guy on their secondary...

These are just examples.... Point being, I would be trying to get sh*t done. Logistics are a whole other story, but it's not as if there's even been speculation of us trying to do anything

Being an economics major you should understand building through the draft with the rookie scale is the best financial way to do business nowadays. Trading or signing FAs is a lot more risky money wise than trying to find players in the draft. From a business perspective, the only smart way to build a team is the draft.
Reggiesucks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

As you can tell by the screen name Reggie Sucks Butt! RM and DA use the salary cap as an excuse. Yes, the salary cap situation was difficult but you knew that before you took the job!

The bottom line is we were a much better team before he came. We were also trending upward! I don't want to hear about the salary cap and how he's going to build through the draft and give us flexibility. That doesn't guarantee future success. The NFL is a bottom line business and the bottom line is he gets paid to win games and Super Bowls.

The talent level between team 1 and team 32 in the NFL is very small. That's why bad teams beat good teams every week. The Raiders had more than enough talent to win. Hue Jackson showed you that with Jason Campbell. This is a scoring league and Hue was able to get more points out of the offense which tranlates to more wins. Get in the playoffs 1st, then find a way to win 2-3 games! (alla...Giant's, Steelers)

The Raiders have two problems and it's not salary cap or picks. Our problem is QB and Coaching!

Carson Palmer could be good but we don't have the Coaching (OC/Scheme) to get the best out of him. On top of that Dennis Allen is in way over his head. He may be good one day but we won't reap the benefits. Greg Knapp was a wasted year. Worst hire since Art 2.0 Zone Blocking and switching to a West Coast scheme was a disaster. Our personell didn't fit it. It was a terrible move and I hold RM responsible.

Of the new signings Nick Roach is good the rest are bargain basement guys similar to the ones he signed last year. I live in ATL and no one cares that Waker is gone. That's from a team that can't rush the passer. Signing Terrance Newman would be another waste similar to the cheap skate corners he signed last year that didn't produce. I just hope he doesn't screw up the 3rd pick! If we don't take Floyd or Loutele at 3 or trade down and take Jones later in rnd 1 I'm done!
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ^^^
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good things take time. It's not Reggie or Dennis Allen's fault that Al Davis destroyed any cap flexibility we had and left them a team of overpaid veterans that were on the decline.

We haven't made any homerun signings so far this off-season but we did improve our front seven by a pretty wide margin. We probably still won't be very good defensively but we'll at least put a respectable unit on the field. I have faith in Reggie but he needs time to acquire some resources and some talent.

Anyone that was expecting this to be a short transformation probably should change their expectations or they'll be extremely disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
As you can tell by the screen name Reggie Sucks Butt! RM and DA use the salary cap as an excuse. Yes, the salary cap situation was difficult but you knew that before you took the job!

The bottom line is we were a much better team before he came. We were also trending upward! I don't want to hear about the salary cap and how he's going to build through the draft and give us flexibility. That doesn't guarantee future success. The NFL is a bottom line business and the bottom line is he gets paid to win games and Super Bowls.

The talent level between team 1 and team 32 in the NFL is very small. That's why bad teams beat good teams every week. The Raiders had more than enough talent to win. Hue Jackson showed you that with Jason Campbell. This is a scoring league and Hue was able to get more points out of the offense which tranlates to more wins. Get in the playoffs 1st, then find a way to win 2-3 games! (alla...Giant's, Steelers)

The Raiders have two problems and it's not salary cap or picks. Our problem is QB and Coaching!

Carson Palmer could be good but we don't have the Coaching (OC/Scheme) to get the best out of him. On top of that Dennis Allen is in way over his head. He may be good one day but we won't reap the benefits. Greg Knapp was a wasted year. Worst hire since Art 2.0 Zone Blocking and switching to a West Coast scheme was a disaster. Our personell didn't fit it. It was a terrible move and I hold RM responsible.

Of the new signings Nick Roach is good the rest are bargain basement guys similar to the ones he signed last year. I live in ATL and no one cares that Waker is gone. That's from a team that can't rush the passer. Signing Terrance Newman would be another waste similar to the cheap skate corners he signed last year that didn't produce. I just hope he doesn't screw up the 3rd pick! If we don't take Floyd or Loutele at 3 or trade down and take Jones later in rnd 1 I'm done!

obviously, they didn't lose anyone named Waker.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vance Walker?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Reggiesucks wrote:

obviously, they didn't lose anyone named Waker.

Ok, so your the comedian/genius of the forum? Good for you. I hope your getting paid for the 2nd gig.

I'm sure you know I was speaking of Walker but you just couldn't pass up the opportunity huh? I know...
Brazil_Raider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this? Silver surfer is angry again?

Calm down, you read to much Mike Silver.

Rome wasnīt built in a day (or year), so letīs see the bigger picture here.

It sucks to see the 9ers and Broncos doing good, but PM is retiring in 2 years and the 9ers wonīt have money to tied up most of their players in 2 years, and in 2 years, with a good draft and some solid FA acquisitions, weīll be good again and be a contender.

So donīt panic and think "outside the box" here.
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am"
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

Not another one of these people who knows everything. Mad

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:

Your a troll Razz

Why would a playoff team like the Bengals want Terrance Newman back then ?

Based on snaps, yards given up Terrance Newman was raked #4 last season and regardless of his age he played great last season.

Stop making things up the team is headed in the right direction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
If we don't take Floyd or Loutele at 3 or trade down and take Jones later in rnd 1 I'm done!

Please take Fisher, please take Fisher!!!

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 17 of 37

Jump to: