Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion Volume III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
WalterFootballs latest mock has the Packers getting:

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Ediie Lacy
3. Quinton Patton (Wheaton went 3 picks earlier, shut up justo)
4. Brian Schwenke

YES PLEASE

I know, what a draft that would be...
SE500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe Lacy will fall to the late 2nd round. I expect him to go late 1st round and at the very worst early 2nd.

"If we could get him way twards the end I guess I wouldn't mind but if it takes more than a 6th I honestly want nothing to do with him."

I don't get this concept of Hunt held by many. Yes, he's inexperienced, 26 years old, and at 6'8" you have to worry he will play naturally too high.
I agree he's not a 1st round pick. But any time late 2nd or 3rd round what are you really risking? I think he may make impact fairly early on as a situational guy. He may never be a "starter" but he may become an asset sooner than you may think. If he develops (and you could say that about any rookie) you could easily get 8 great years out of him.

It will be very intersesting to see where he goes, until then we can only guess where NFL teams value him. I do believe it will be in the late 2nd-3rd round.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
I find it hard to believe Lacy will fall to the late 2nd round. I expect him to go late 1st round and at the very worst early 2nd.

"If we could get him way twards the end I guess I wouldn't mind but if it takes more than a 6th I honestly want nothing to do with him."

I don't get this concept of Hunt held by many. Yes, he's inexperienced, 26 years old, and at 6'8" you have to worry he will play naturally too high.
I agree he's not a 1st round pick. But any time late 2nd or 3rd round what are you really risking? I think he may make impact fairly early on as a situational guy. He may never be a "starter" but he may become an asset sooner than you may think. If he develops (and you could say that about any rookie) you could easily get 8 great years out of him.

It will be very intersesting to see where he goes, until then we can only guess where NFL teams value him. I do believe it will be in the late 2nd-3rd round.

Reasoning was he is hurt and may not be able to run at his pro day?

It's a mock. One can be hopeful

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
terrible football players don't get drafted at all.
Yes they do, they are called Troy Williamson and Vernon Gholston and Aaron Maybin and Stephen Hill. Every year guys get drafted because they are "great athletes". Some learn how to play football, some don't. Fact is, terrible football players do get drafted and sometimes get drafted pretty high.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Eddie Lacy
4. Brian Schwenke

YES PLEASE

Not very much defense in that equation. Cannot argue with those picks in those slots though becausr they are somewhat close on my big board and I can see those players all being available there. I just think Eifert may go earlier and the Lacy pick is a total push for me. Schwenke sure would be nice to see in Green and Gold. Pretty much solidifies the interior of our line if he works out.
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:

Would be ecstatic if we got Hunt in the 2nd. Would put me at ease if we draft anything but DT/DE in the first.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Eddie Lacy
4. Brian Schwenke

YES PLEASE

Not very much defense in that equation. Cannot argue with those picks in those slots though becausr they are somewhat close on my big board and I can see those players all being available there. I just think Eifert may go earlier and the Lacy pick is a total push for me. Schwenke sure would be nice to see in Green and Gold. Pretty much solidifies the interior of our line if he works out.

I know, but it wouldn't be possible for me to be unhappy with this, unless a great D prospect dropped to one of our picks. This shores up out offense for years basically, and we can focus on D next year's draft again Razz

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
SE500 wrote:

Would be ecstatic if we got Hunt in the 2nd. Would put me at ease if we draft anything but DT/DE in the first.

While him falling to our 2nd round pick would be good value, I still don't want him. 3rd yes.

Revel8 wrote:

incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Yes they do, they are called Troy Williamson and Vernon Gholston and Aaron Maybin and Stephen Hill. Every year guys get drafted because they are "great athletes". Some learn how to play football, some don't. Fact is, terrible football players do get drafted and sometimes get drafted pretty high.
I am not even a terrible football player. But I won't come close to playing in the NFL. Those guys you listed are excellent players. Otherwise they would not have excelled in h.s. and college.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I am not even a terrible football player. But I won't come close to playing in the NFL. Those guys you listed are excellent players. Otherwise they would not have excelled in h.s. and college.

Well terrible and basically everything we use on this site is relative. I mean, compared to everyone else in the human race Stepfan Taylor is fast, but compared to other NFL RB's, he is quite slow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Eddie Lacy
4. Brian Schwenke

YES PLEASE

lacy a push at the end of the 2nd? Where do you have him ranked?
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Eddie Lacy
4. Brian Schwenke

YES PLEASE

I assumed he meant that he fell too far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Well terrible and basically everything we use on this site is relative. I mean, compared to everyone else in the human race Stepfan Taylor is fast, but compared to other NFL RB's, he is quite slow.
regardless hunt still isn't relatively terrible either
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

regardless hunt still isn't relatively terrible either

He's just raw. Phenomenal athlete, but terrible describing the nuances of his game might be fair. They're correctable though, so he's just raw. Just a matter of him getting it, a lot of bust potential there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Eddie Lacy
4. Brian Schwenke

YES PLEASE

52. Still think Ingram was a much better prospect and he went at the end of the 1st round. The fit here is debatable as well IMO. I would not mind if he fell to our pick in the 2nd round, but I would be just as content in getting Ball at that slot in a slight reach. To me it is all about vision, pass pro and receiving ability for the Pack, and in all three of these categories, I have Ball with either a push or plus over Lacy.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 6 of 65

Jump to: