Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign LB Kaluka Maiava, 3 year deal - $6 million
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ether

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Cleveland Maiava was the ultimate backup LB. Every year no matter where he was slated on the depth chart you knew he was going to make the team no matter what. You guys will definitely be happy with him, although PFF analysis of him being the 7th best 4-3 OLB is probably very misleading, or telling of how bad OLBs are in the league. Maiava was never a starter going into a season without injuries in front of him for us.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
In Cleveland Maiava was the ultimate backup LB. Every year no matter where he was slated on the depth chart you knew he was going to make the team no matter what. You guys will definitely be happy with him, although PFF analysis of him being the 7th best 4-3 OLB is probably very misleading, or telling of how bad OLBs are in the league. Maiava was never a starter going into a season without injuries in front of him for us.

Regardless, I like that he's on our team. Sounds like he's the kind of player we need right now. Good price and plays hard.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ether wrote:

Regardless, I like that he's on our team. Sounds like he's the kind of player we need right now. Good price and plays hard.

Yup. He's the type of player Champions have on their team, and it's pretty well known that the Raiders are only a piece or two away from a SB run.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ether wrote:

Yup. He's the type of player Champions have on their team, and it's pretty well known that the Raiders are only a piece or two away from a SB run.

Plus, we know he's on our (you and I at least) team. #TeamBringIt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ether wrote:

And he grew up a Raider fan. #FanFavorite

Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ether wrote:

And he grew up a Raider fan. #FanFavorite

nice
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a boar hunter.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who coined him "the peoples linebacker" the other day? That's the greatest thing I've ever heard lol
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a SC homer... I love seeing Trojans in silver and black.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
Who coined him "the peoples linebacker" the other day? That's the greatest thing I've ever heard lol
That is good! I was gonna start calling him The Pebble
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a thread with the browns fans thoughts on him.

You really should read this Laughing Laughing

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=517796&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Here is a thread with the browns fans thoughts on him.

You really should read this Laughing Laughing

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=517796&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
damn that's some funny stuff!
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, I looked at your team needs thread.

Holy hell, are things really that bad or are guys over exaggerating?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of holes. We could definitely use some help on the offensive line. Our right side is pathetic. Releasing DHB makes for a hole at receiver. Still haven't got a tight end to replace Brandon Meyers. And before we started to sign guys in free agency, defensively we had 2 starters in Houston at LE and Branch at SS. As we stand now I think we still need starter at Tackle, 2 Corners, FS, and our biggest issue is a pass rusher off the edge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: