Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013 v.21.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank402 wrote:
Hadn't realized both Jones and Nelson were FAs next year.

Quote:
. Plus, as spilltray pointed out, Nelson and JJ are BOTH FAs next year so TT may be looking for their replacements.

Nelson's contract runs through the end of the 2014 season...two more years. He will not be a FA after this season.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
~You can't say Zombo is done as a Packer. If the draft were to play out like this, they would bring him back because he knows the system and he's cheap. If something happened to CM3 - god forbid - Zombo could step in and be somewhat productive.

But can you count on him to remain healthy? The Packers right now only have 3 OLB under contract in Matthews, Nick Perry, and Dezman Moses. Odds are high that they'll take at least one on draft day, and then probably bring in another one as an UDFA. So...unless he's still on the open market and Clay is out for an extended period during the regular season, I think it's highly unlikely that Zombo is back. He's struggled to stay healthy the last couple of years, so why would the Packers want to replace a hypothetically injured Clay Matthews with someone whose oft-injured?

Agreed. It's bad enough we were in the position of having to draft depth due to the Walden loss, but we really don't have an OLB outside of Dezman Moses. I'm done with Zombo; he's injury-prone.

So in this draft, we have an excellent first pick but it does not address a glaring need. Then we blow a pick on a RB who will bust and does not fit our running scheme at all, then we draft a slow Safety, then an ILB in the 3-4(we have plenty of those even without Brad Jones)...

...yeah, the Robinson and Davis picks are the only ones here that work...
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
~You can't say Zombo is done as a Packer. If the draft were to play out like this, they would bring him back because he knows the system and he's cheap. If something happened to CM3 - god forbid - Zombo could step in and be somewhat productive.

But can you count on him to remain healthy? The Packers right now only have 3 OLB under contract in Matthews, Nick Perry, and Dezman Moses. Odds are high that they'll take at least one on draft day, and then probably bring in another one as an UDFA. So...unless he's still on the open market and Clay is out for an extended period during the regular season, I think it's highly unlikely that Zombo is back. He's struggled to stay healthy the last couple of years, so why would the Packers want to replace a hypothetically injured Clay Matthews with someone whose oft-injured?

Agreed. It's bad enough we were in the position of having to draft depth due to the Walden loss, but we really don't have an OLB outside of Dezman Moses. I'm done with Zombo; he's injury-prone.

So in this draft, we have an ex cellent first pick but it does not address a glaring need. Then we blow a pick on a RB who will bust and does not fit our running scheme at all, then we draft a slow Safety, then an ILB in the 3-4(we have plenty of those even without Brad Jones)...

...yeah, the Robinson and Davis picks are the only ones here that work...

~Okay, guys, the last like 10 mock drafts I have done I have taken an OLB. Not every single need is going to get addressed come draft day, I am merely trying to make this realistic.
~In a backup role, yes, I would count on Zombo to stay healthy.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite of yours by far.

Only thing missing is perhaps a little DLine help, especially with Worthy likely to start the year on the PUP. However lot of young prospect there already. Also, Pickett, Neal and Wilson all unsigned after next year, better some getting next man up.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:

My favorite of yours by far.

Only thing missing is perhaps a little DLine help, especially with Worthy likely to start the year on the PUP. However lot of young prospect there already. Also, Pickett, Neal and Wilson all unsigned after next year, better some getting next man up.

First of all, thanks for the kind words.

I know everyone wants DL addressed, I guess that's where I differ from everyone else, I think our DL is fine. I think CJ Wilson and Johnny Jolly add good depth behind Raji and Pickett and I think our rotation of Neal and Daniels is just fine for 8 games.

If a good prospect feel to us along the DL I'd be all for taking him, but considering this draft is known for the DL prospects, I do not see that happening...

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
dcerb44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dain I love this one, think it's one of your better mocks to date. Great value with the first two picks. Allen is quite high on my board and I'd be happy with him at 26. Great football player all-around.

Ball is a great addition at value with that slot. The fit is perfect for his ability, and I do have questions about his mileage and lack of a top gear but everything else about him is hard not to love in a back. Not a guy who gets as much love as he should imo.

Not a fan of the safety pick in the third. Don't hate it, just prefer football players over pure athletes.

Not a fan of Davis, would rather take a shot at Lattimore at that point and "redshirt" him for a year. Could pay dividents in the long run and we have the ability to afford the luxury of letting a player heal up.

Klein has been slowly climbing my big board. Wasn't completely sold on the tape alone pre-combine and felt he would have a lot of flaws athletically to make it in this league. After combine, I feel much different about him as a prospect and would be excited with that pick.

Overall great job, I enjoy reading these. You bring in a lot of new guys for me to research at times and it's always fun to read.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013 v.21.0 Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Keenan Allen WR California
62 215. 4.49/40

Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
511 210 lbs. 4.60/40

Braden Hansen C/G BYU
66 310 lbs. 5.10/40

Denard Robinson WR/RS Michigan
510 196 lbs. 4.55/40

Knile Davis RB Arkansas
61 226 lbs. 4.52/40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: