Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft: Running back.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ya.

Yeah, he is no Jamaal Charles. Just a late board guy I feel is going to play some good football in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its either Bell or Ball for me I feel Eddie Lacy benefited from a college OL that was at the NFL caliber already. I'm not saying he is bad I just am not buying all the hype in him. I feel Bell is better just because of his ability to bounce and spin off of tacklers but Ball is fast and has great hands so either are good. I honestly feel though that for a RB you take BPA in 3rd or 4th rounds personally and right now Bell is a project 3rd rounder and I would take him there.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy: Have you studied Zac Stacy at all? If so, what are your thoughts on him?

I've seen 4-5 Vandy games over the past few years and some film, and I really like that he runs forward ,then cuts, and doesn't waste a lot of motion dancing in the backfield. Seems to have decent vision, too. He also reminds me a lot of Harris in the screen game as he accelerates well out of the catch. Only big question I have on him is his pass protection as it seems to leave a lot to be desired (a lot of whiffs trying to undercut guys or throwing glancing shoulders), but that appears to be something a lot of college backs need to learn coming into the NFL. I think he has a chance to be a good pro. Am I off base here?
packer4real

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Palmy, are there any guys you could see later in the weekend who could excel as a third down back in Mac's fit? I don't see Green killing that role yet and it wouldn't hurt to add some competition. I just wouldn't be able to accurately say who takes pride in his blocking a la Brandon Jackson with the ability to catch the football.

One kid not getting talked about that I feel could be a real stud in this area is Miguel Maysonet. Kid is short and comes from a small school. But he is tough a Very Happy s nails and might have the best set of hands in this RB class.
Miguel Maysonet is a beast and I truely like his running style. Hope the packer give him a shot!
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an interest in Maysonet, but haven't seen him more than once or twice. I would certainly like a good mid-round RB option to emerge, as I don't particularly like the value on Lacy in the 1st or Ball in the 2nd, nothing against either of them.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacnwpackfan wrote:
Palmy: Have you studied Zac Stacy at all? If so, what are your thoughts on him?

I've seen 4-5 Vandy games over the past few years and some film, and I really like that he runs forward ,then cuts, and doesn't waste a lot of motion dancing in the backfield. Seems to have decent vision, too. He also reminds me a lot of Harris in the screen game as he accelerates well out of the catch. Only big question I have on him is his pass protection as it seems to leave a lot to be desired (a lot of whiffs trying to undercut guys or throwing glancing shoulders), but that appears to be something a lot of college backs need to learn coming into the NFL. I think he has a chance to be a good pro. Am I off base here?

I would pass in fit. You are being nice when you say he has "decent vision" and I agree with you about the pass pro. With a combo of Mac/zone, I just don't feel his game in Green Bay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: