Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hinkle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
We Michigan State now?

That's where Worthy came from they have a decent program got to draft them from somewhere lol.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
bigKev2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely like Le'veon Bell alot he is big and hard nosed, also has a nice bump and run style and with our o-line's run blocking could be a necessity.

I also liked the load of defense on this need the pass rush bad and i feel it was assessed here
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
I've always been high on Short,

I chuckled. No lie.

LOL, my bad, I didn't mean it like that. Laughing
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigKev2011 wrote:
I definitely like Le'veon Bell alot he is big and hard nosed, also has a nice bump and run style and with our o-line's run blocking could be a necessity.

I also liked the load of defense on this need the pass rush bad and i feel it was assessed here

John Simon might be there in the 4th, and he had 14 sacks last year (16 in 2011), I believe that would be a big time steal.
bigKev2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:

John Simon might be there in the 4th, and he had 14 sacks last year (16 in 2011), I believe that would be a big time steal.

I think that would be nice what defensive base was he in is my only concern 4-3 players have historically struggle to switch to a 3-4 base like we have
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that fat dude from the Big 10 looks old as hell Laughing
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigKev2011 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

I think that would be nice what defensive base was he in is my only concern 4-3 players have historically struggle to switch to a 3-4 base like we have

Ohio State uses a 4-3 base, but occasionally switches to a 3-4 formation during games. So it's not like he's never played any snaps at 3-4 OLB. Plus, most college teams use a 4-3 base D, anyway, so it's virtually the same situation with any NFL 3-4 defensive team looking to draft an edge rusher.

Heck, we could start doing some formations in a traditional 4-3 base (like the Ravens, Texans and Jets sometimes use) instead of a 2-4-5 Nickel package, which is basically just a pseudo 4-3, anyway, if that helps. Perry and Simon can be our edge rushers (and Perry said it himself that it was his NFL dream to play with his hand in the dirt, so this will make him happy) while Clay drops back into covering TEs under his normal guise as an OLB under such formations.

Oh, and my bad on the 16 sacks BTW, I misread "TFL" as "sacks" on the stat sheet (and I was looking under Sports-Reference BTW). Laughing Still, 9 sacks with 16 TFL ain't half bad, especially for a projected midround prospect who's just going to be a depth/rotational player in our D (barring injuries to either of our starters, in which case he'll be the starter until said starter returns Laughing ).
bigKev2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohio State uses a 4-3 base, but occasionally switches to a 3-4 formation during games. So it's not like he's never played any snaps at 3-4 OLB. Plus, most college teams use a 4-3 base D, anyway, so it's virtually the same situation with any NFL 3-4 defensive team looking to draft an edge rusher.

Heck, we could start doing some formations in a traditional 4-3 base (like the Ravens, Texans and Jets sometimes use) instead of a 2-4-5 Nickel package, which is basically just a pseudo 4-3, anyway, if that helps. Perry and Simon can be our edge rushers (and Perry said it himself that it was his NFL dream to play with his hand in the dirt, so this will make him happy) while Clay drops back into covering TEs under his normal guise as an OLB under such formations.

Oh, and my bad on the 16 sacks BTW, I misread "TFL" as "sacks" on the stat sheet (and I was looking under Sports-Reference BTW). Laughing Still, 9 sacks with 16 TFL ain't half bad, especially for a projected midround prospect who's just going to be a depth/rotational player in our D (barring injuries to either of our starters, in which case he'll be the starter until said starter returns Laughing ).

I'd like that alot seeing as i feel our scheme while amazing needs some better coverage options and defnitely want to move Clay back to outside he was way more affective there
AmishMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Time Reply with quote

Roscoe wrote:

7th Round Pick

Anthony Rashad White DT 6'2 330lbs Michigan State

White will become Pickett's replacement in the future for now he will be a backup to Raji and Pickett. Will give us a big body to plug the middle of the defense.

I'm not buying 330#. Not in this picture. His 3rd chin has to be 10# by itself - and each of them rolls on the back of his neck are at least twice that. I scanned the picture carefully, I believe there maybe a few objects 'in orbit' - but it may be to grainy to say for certain.

I like adding to the trenches approach to the draft.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the fence with a lot of players you picked here, but this really isn't that bad of a mock at all.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Time Reply with quote

AmishMafia wrote:
Roscoe wrote:

7th Round Pick

Anthony Rashad White DT 6'2 330lbs Michigan State

White will become Pickett's replacement in the future for now he will be a backup to Raji and Pickett. Will give us a big body to plug the middle of the defense.

I'm not buying 330#. Not in this picture. His 3rd chin has to be 10# by itself - and each of them rolls on the back of his neck are at least twice that. I scanned the picture carefully, I believe there maybe a few objects 'in orbit' - but it may be to grainy to say for certain.

I like adding to the trenches approach to the draft.

Way to funny!

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: