Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Speed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
lol My God dude, that's IF the draft order goes like that. I mentioned Star, and that example has him going at #10. That's a perfect reason to jump up to #9 if they really want him. So there you go, Cowboys want a Star on Star's helmet. Like the examples I gave, sometimes teams give up extra picks for a prospect they really want. Because of thethe rookie cap rules, teams are more confident to move up knowing they don't have to pay $60 milliion off the bat.

This mock wasn't about the details. That's why I didn't mention the cap hits and cuts and etc. It was just something simple I put together and I wanted to see what people thought about the ideas and who I actually selected. It's not like all mocks on here mention why another team trades up with us. Laughing
Some guys on here don't use punctuation, you still do cuz it is correct.

I'm not telling you your horrible. I'm just saying it is unrealistic. If you are gonna make an unrealistic mock you might as well have Dion Jordan drop to #9 and Tyran Mathieu to the 7th.

If I told you Bruce Irvin was going to be drafted 15th overall last year, everyone would have said that's pretty unrealistic. If I told you back in 05, we would be drafting a kicker in the 2nd round, I would have been told that would be unrealistic & a few other things. My point is that a lot of predictions and what would be "realistic" doesn't always happen. Shocking trades & picks happen, that's why we watch the draft. So to say a team trading 3 picks for 1 (When it has been done before) is unlrealistic is not really true.

I'm not mad or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what is so bad or unlrealistic about this one . I like getting feed back on my posts.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
lol My God dude, that's IF the draft order goes like that. I mentioned Star, and that example has him going at #10. That's a perfect reason to jump up to #9 if they really want him. So there you go, Cowboys want a Star on Star's helmet. Like the examples I gave, sometimes teams give up extra picks for a prospect they really want. Because of thethe rookie cap rules, teams are more confident to move up knowing they don't have to pay $60 milliion off the bat.

This mock wasn't about the details. That's why I didn't mention the cap hits and cuts and etc. It was just something simple I put together and I wanted to see what people thought about the ideas and who I actually selected. It's not like all mocks on here mention why another team trades up with us. Laughing
Some guys on here don't use punctuation, you still do cuz it is correct.

I'm not telling you your horrible. I'm just saying it is unrealistic. If you are gonna make an unrealistic mock you might as well have Dion Jordan drop to #9 and Tyran Mathieu to the 7th.

If I told you Bruce Irvin was going to be drafted 15th overall last year, everyone would have said that's pretty unrealistic. If I told you back in 05, we would be drafting a kicker in the 2nd round, I would have been told that would be unrealistic & a few other things. My point is that a lot of predictions and what would be "realistic" doesn't always happen. Shocking trades & picks happen, that's why we watch the draft. So to say a team trading 3 picks for 1 (When it has been done before) is unrealistic is not really true.

I'm not mad or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what is so bad or unrealistic about this one . I like getting feed back on my posts.
The fact that the draft fell just like you want for one. You get 2 trade ups (which every team wants) in the same draft despite them not having a guy they have to go get.

For example: most mocks have people getting players they don't want yet always seem to happen. Lions fans want Chance Warmack (#5 for some reason) but most likely it will be an OT or Ansah. Yes some want those but the whole draft doesn't fall into place. Some of it may (like the first trade) but the odds of a second trade down are very very slim. Most of the time it's the teams that don't need trade backs that get them like NE or BAL.

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also can;t see Dallas moving up and trading their second round pick again this year after they did last year when they also have limited Cap space. Draft picks are cheap talent and the Cowboys need that since they had cap removed.

Sig bet
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have all of these needs and the one you choose to be the most important is a TE Laughing

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: